Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

Marshall at Wigan is looking for a championship club according to the BBC

Just now, renrag said:

Marshall at Wigan is looking for a championship club according to the BBC

If the alternative is loaning youngsters from Prem teams, we should be all over this.

Jonathan Wilson, one of the more perceptive football journalists,  has an interesting article in todays " Sunday Observer ". He's referring to some comments Guardiola has made about City. It has a bearing on our manager's recent love affair with possession of the ball. Apparently Guardiola has blamed failures in both boxes for some previous poor results.

Wilson comments - " Perhaps this a necessary failing when your dream is essentially a team of midfielders. If you value players for their passing, movement and tactical intelligence, necessarily you don't value the more defensive and attacking arts - tackling, heading, marking, shooting, finishing quite as highly."

Sounds very much like what is happening at Ewood Park also.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Walton is not what we need - so short sighted.

No wonder he makes so many cock ups 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We surely need to be buying/signing a permanent keeper? Another Walton is not what we need - so short sighted.

We have looked at Philips and Spoken to Charlton about him. Asking price more than Million pounds at the minute. Philips has only 12 months left on his deal and with Charlton ownership and financial problems probably going to worse if they dont pass the EFL ownership test.

I would guess Rovers have spoken to a number of clubs about their keeper finding out prices and their agents for wages demands. 

Nothing wrong with looking loan options for keeper slot. Work for Sheffield United and Wilder with Dean Henderson or Rotherham with Rodak and Iversen. 

Josh King linked with PSG and a number of different PL club..so hopefully we have sell on clause in there so we get some money. Possible 2 to 3 million pounds. 

Posted (edited)

Off topic I know but Rovers v Man City from 2000 on Sky Sports at 12 today

Classic match apparently, anybody remember the score? 

Edited by Tugayisgod

4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Will be City's promotion game. I wonder if they'll show all four times that we hit the post!

15 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Assume it's the 4-1 to them, in which case I'll give it a miss. 

Posted (edited)

It's the full game I think. 

Certainly be watching! 

Edit. Or maybe not after seeing that! 

Edited by Tugayisgod

4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

It's the full game I think. 

Certainly be watching! 

Edit. Or maybe not after seeing that! 

We were 1-0 up at half time and I think doing fairly well, so maybe just watch the first 45 and skip the rest 😅 

I really should pay more attention to the wife instead of reading some of this drivel. Still, Andy's an ok guy and he is a good joiner

17 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Will be City's promotion game. I wonder if they'll show all four times that we hit the post!

A surreal match.

If my memory recalls correctly, it could have been curtains for City at half time.

Think City 'destined' to win the game and probably a good job with all the many thousands of lunatic Mancs in the ground that day.

Remember after one City goal, the goal scorer dancing down the touchline from the Darwen End into Joe Royle's outstretched arms - a cringeworthy and sickening sight for Rovers' fans

Sponsor

So, Iversen, Muric (Young Prem Loans) eh? Who knew? 

Only a week or so late Nicko! 👀

Just now, Paul Mani said:

So, Iversen, Muric (Young Prem Loans) eh? Who knew? 

Only a week or so late Nicko! 👀

Spot on again Paul. I 👏👏👏

Just now, Mercer said:

A surreal match.

If my memory recalls correctly, it could have been curtains for City at half time.

Think City 'destined' to win the game and probably a good job with all the many thousands of lunatic Mancs in the ground that day.

Remember after one City goal, the goal scorer dancing down the touchline from the Darwen End into Joe Royle's outstretched arms - a cringeworthy and sickening sight for Rovers' fans

Was only a youngster at the time, but even I remember Nicola Kalinic levels of misfortune in front of goal. Christian Dailly's own goal would look highly suspicious these days if it was scored in such a big game!

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Josh King linked with PSG and a number of different PL club..so hopefully we have sell on clause in there so we get some money. Possible 2 to 3 million pounds. 

This would be class.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Spot on again Paul. I 👏👏👏

Tbf mate, you kept it under your hat, thanks. It’s actually one of Iversen and Muric as No.1 and O’hara as no.2. (Don’t shoot the messenger)

Hope they get some cash quick and go for Marshall who would be keen too.

Edited by Paul Mani

This would be class.

Nice little bonus if it pulls off, Could be the difference in what quality of players we bring in and the reason why we have been quiet so far, any sort of income and we will start seeing movement 

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes, but his contract ran down here....I'd be very surprised if we had any leverage for this, seeing as it went to a tribunal. 

In fact, I'm certain there will be no clause....why would Bournemouth agree to that for an out of contract player....?

Would be well up for us signing David Marshall. Experienced, knows the league, been around the block etc. Don’t know enough about these other lads to make a comment tbh.

Tbf mate, you kept it under your hat, thanks. It’s actually one of Iversen and Muric as No.1 and O’hara as no.2. (Don’t shoot the messenger)

Hope they get some cash quick and go for Marshall who would be keen too.

I did. 

Marshall from Wigan?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I did. 

Marshall from Wigan?

Yup, would be keen but there’s interest from newly promoted (to PL) team to be their no.2.