Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

2 goals for Whiteman tonight...where’s Sparks!? 

Edited by superniko

8 hours ago, rigger said:

Because I have other things in my life besides this messageboard. I answered the question you posed when I first read it. I will know in future that there is a time limit to respond to questions.

Or alternatively you could actually read the thread before posting, at which point you'd have realised your post was unnecessary?

Edited by 47er

1 hour ago, superniko said:

2 goals for Whiteman tonight...where’s Sparks!? 

Should have got him while he's relatively cheap. Would be the answer to our midfield for the next 5 years...him and trav. Looks like he's a chance to play in the championship with Donny....👍

16 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He has already got kudos from me for referring to us as 'Rovers' and not 'Blackburn'.

A good start!

Considering Kevin Gallagher still doesn’t even though he’s lived here for nearly 30 years and Andy Bayes tees every question to him with ‘Rovers...’, I like this young lad and his very hip haircut.

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its quite interesting to look back on the front page of this thread to see how the window has panned out compared to what we expected.

Stuart I think quite fairly suggested that only 5 of the team in Lenihan, Travis, Nyambe, Dack and Armstrong were good enough for the current starting 11. Obviously Armstrong plays up front and the system is different, but I think that potentially, Kaminski, Douglas, Ayala, Trybull and Elliott hopefully can/need to fill most of those other areas. The likes of Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell, Gallagher, Brereton etc need to also start contributing with some consistency.

Also these 2 posts were examples of many predictions that our main assets would have to be sold off and that kids would be making up the numbers which never materialised.

And the reason why not is financial support from Venky's right up to the very edge of FFP

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Should have got him while he's relatively cheap. Would be the answer to our midfield for the next 5 years...him and trav. Looks like he's a chance to play in the championship with Donny....👍

There is always January

3 hours ago, philipl said:

And the reason why not is financial support from Venky's right up to the very edge of FFP

I think any suggestion that FFP is preventing Venkys from piling in more money is a laughable one to be honest.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think any suggestion that FFP is preventing Venkys from piling in more money is a laughable one to be honest.

Laugh at the hard fact then

32 minutes ago, philipl said:

Laugh at the hard fact then

Its not a fact, there couldnt be any evidence that Venkys are sat there willing to pile more money in but cant because of FFP, its your opinion.

Based on Venkys tenure thus far, I would also suggest that it is a fanciful opinion.

On 16/10/2020 at 17:49, 1864roverite said:

Steptoe you have no idea either. Unless your his agent or a fellow player which you clearly are NOT! His quality in the ball cannot be questioned as when I have seen him play he stands way above others of his age 

Don’t I ? We will see. 😁🤫 

Told ya we needed anothet CB. Ayala has already picked up his inevitable injury. Watch Lenihan or Williams or both get theirs now and we are down to kids at the back.

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Told ya we needed anothet CB. Ayala has already picked up his inevitable injury. Watch Lenihan or Williams or both get theirs now and we are down to kids at the back.

Yup. Wharton looked really out of his depth yesterday.

Does anyone know if Douglas has got much pace on him? With Ayala and Johnson not being the quickest and the high line we play were going to need a bit of pace there.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Yup. Wharton looked really out of his depth yesterday.

Does anyone know if Douglas has got much pace on him? With Ayala and Johnson not being the quickest and the high line we play were going to need a bit of pace there.

The comments at the time of his signing suggested that Douglas lacked pace. 

Elliott looked class yesterday.

Too often he was making runs which were beyond the ken of Evans and Johnson to pick up.

You could see Watford were scared of him in the way he was never left alone.

Evans has made a career of not picking out passes like that but playing safety 5 yard ones instead. Now he's getting very sloppy at even that, Johnson has now had  a season and a bit of learning '''''the rovers way' ie probably being told not to pick out these passes but play it safe.

Be criminal if they don't make the use of this lads talents but lets be honest it won't be the first time we've had a so called wonder kid wasted here.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Evans has made a career of not picking out passes like that but playing safety 5 yard ones instead. Now he's getting very sloppy at even that, Johnson has now had  a season and a bit of learning '''''the rovers way' ie probably being told not to pick out these passes but play it safe.

Be criminal if they don't make the use of this lads talents but lets be honest it won't be the first time we've had a so called wonder kid wasted here.

Which wonder kid have we wasted ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Which wonder kid have we wasted ?

We've had several highly rated young lads from top clubs under TMs watch, only one who paid off was Tosin - a defender.

Just now, tomphil said:

We've had several highly rated young lads from top clubs under TMs watch, only one who paid off was Tosin - a defender.

The others didn't pay off because they weren't "wonder kids" rather than because we wasted them.

Just now, tomphil said:

Harrison Reed and who else?

None of the others have left Ewood and shone if you're being honest. 

Just now, philipl said:

Harrison Reed and who else?

None of the others have left Ewood and shone if you're being honest. 

Harper, Payne are another two, parent clubs were Prem clubs at the time and world away from where we were.

Our very own BB can surely be filed under that as well.

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The others didn't pay off because they weren't "wonder kids" rather than because we wasted them.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though isn't it.