Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ah so not the most definitive source then. He makes it up as he goes along.

With contracts, it is a case of either being signed or not, little in between as we saw with Hoilett signing in 24 hours! Hopefully we have a few extensions to be signed soon.

Hoilett and that particular manager was very different to our current manager. Mowbray is nothing like him and very different to him. 

Crooke and Sharpe have both asked Mowbray the same questions and get the same comments. Talks on going with players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do we know there is no urgency? 3 years ago.. Back 4 v Southend 2017 Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Williams,    All 4 players still at the club and 3 nailed on to start ag

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historic

Don't take it personally. He might have had a drink. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, philipl said:

The one player Mowbray has gone public about is Ryan Nyambe and he expects a new contract won't be a problem.

I can't say I sure his optimism whilst he keeps dropping him from the side. Nyambe would be a fool to sign another contract right now. So I guess I'm hoping he's a fool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

At least the contracts are on the agenda but having "began" the process doesnt really instill any confidence, ultimately they have either signed or they havent. Dack has been "in talks" for well over a year. Hopefully we get some good news on contracts soon. 

They were always on agenda but transfer window was the priority as always. 

Install any confidence? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They were always on agenda but transfer window was the priority as always. 

Install any confidence? 

 

Yeah, until they are on the official site as having signed new deals, then the concern will still remain. 

Dack has been in talks for basically the last 2 years now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, until they are on the official site as having signed new deals, then the concern will still remain. 

Dack has been in talks for basically the last 2 years now.

I expect most re sign new contract. 

Dack got 20 months left. Dack wants a PL chance and that's why he hasnt sign new deal yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I expect most re sign new contract. 

Dack got 20 months left. Dack wants a PL chance and that's why he hasnt sign new deal yet

Dack will need to prove his fitness over a period of time before he sits down to discuss a new deal or consider moving on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Personally I cannot see any reason for signing Downing barring having a very versatile player. We have JRC for this though and I'd far rather he get minutes 

Agree as much as I like Downing as a professional and his performances last season. We can barely agree on who out of our current midfielders is to be dropped and we still have Dack and Travis to come back. He was solid as LB cover but we have two LBs now though admittedly id rather Downing there than Bell. i just cannot see how he would get many minutes at all barring an injury crisis.

If we really HAD to get another player in on a free to fill up our full playing quota - it would have to be a steady/solid CB as cover. Williams and Ayala have already missed games and we know Lenihan gets a few injuries a season too - only takes two of them to be out at the same time to really stretch us. Relying on Wharton or Magloire/Carter too much could cost us in what is our best chance of competing at the top end of the table in years.

Any solid CBs out there on a free? Perhaps someone from Europe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Agree as much as I like Downing as a professional and his performances last season. We can barely agree on who out of our current midfielders is to be dropped and we still have Dack and Travis to come back. He was solid as LB cover but we have two LBs now though admittedly id rather Downing there than Bell. i just cannot see how he would get many minutes at all barring an injury crisis.

If we really HAD to get another player in on a free to fill up our full playing quota - it would have to be a steady/solid CB as cover. Williams and Ayala have already missed games and we know Lenihan gets a few injuries a season too - only takes two of them to be out at the same time to really stretch us. Relying on Wharton or Magloire/Carter too much could cost us in what is our best chance of competing at the top end of the table in years.

Any solid CBs out there on a free? Perhaps someone from Europe?

Think I agree with a lot of this. A centre back, who possibly can play full back as well would be my shout for strengthening. 

That said IF that could be done and we could get cover for midfield, or the deal was good for Rovers (e.g. a mostly pay as you play) Downing would be a no-brainer given an excellent season last year. Definitely just cover now, but can't think of much better cover out there for a cheap price. And I assume at this stage he would/should be cheap.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be looking for a free agent centre back with a bit of championship experience even if it's a short term deal.

Forget luxuries like Downing now, another keeper for no 2 should come before him  if nothing else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the squad and the matches at the start of the season what we are obviously missing is a quality centreback with a lot of pace. We need one with the high line.

Who would be amazing in this system is Chris Samba. But I guess there aren't many of him around.....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Forget luxuries like Downing now, another keeper for no 2 should come before him  if nothing else.

Seriously?! How many No2 keepers do you want? What have Pears and Stergiakis done so wrong in their first couple of weeks? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tomphil said:

We should be looking for a free agent centre back with a bit of championship experience even if it's a short term deal.

Forget luxuries like Downing now, another keeper for no 2 should come before him  if nothing else.

Eh? I'd at least like to see the Greek play before I jumped to that conclusion. I'd give him the chance against Swansea, there won't be much time Kaminski is injured this season probably so there won't be many chances. Might be a bit harsh to drop Pears after one viewing, even though he looked off the standard, but still.

Won't happen though.

Edited by bluebruce
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.