BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

Ali Syed probably needs to allay a number of concerns or else he is not a player. That said there is another wonderful good news story about to break courtesy of Mr Syed.

The first sentence suggests that the second sentence isn't takeover related, or you wouldn't have come out with the first sentence, in the first place. Anyone want to second guess? In other words, I don't mind one much, or too much, but three much is one much too much.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BPF is on the ball so far as I am concerned.

VH are working very hard to close the purchase.

Ali Syed probably needs to allay a number of concerns or else he is not a player. That said there is another wonderful good news story about to break courtesy of Mr Syed.

Oh, more childish 'I know something you don't know' nonsense. How thrilling! Why don't you and BPF just admit you haven't got a clue what's going on? The hedging of your bets on every post tells a tale.

I tell you what I've heard, and why I'm so infuriated by the rubbish that is posted on here, Mr Ali is far further ahead in the process than any of the other interested parties. There is a large stumbling block, about which I don't know the full details, but I'm led to believe it is something that the other interest parties would also have difficulties with, if they are allowed to get to that stage. I speculated about what this might be in a previous post.

See how easy it is? Say what you know or say nothing!

Keep hearing that Mr Ali is on the verge of buying the club, within days.

Keep hearing that Mr Ali is way, way out of the running.

A few weeks ago, all the information coming out was the same, now it's all over the place.

You're not Philip are you?

See how easy it is? Say what you know or say nothing!

I have no inside info so I can't post anything that is relevant to the takeover.

However, I would like to say I actually enjoy quite a number of posters on here, including both Philip and BPF.

It doesn't matter to me if either is totally correct, but I find what they write interesting.

They might prove to be correct. They might prove to be incorrect.

Just chill.

What's the strangest aspect is the amount of people who seem to be suckered in by posters claiming to have a hot line to Williams, Finn or even the Trust. :wstu:

For what it's worth, my 'hotline' came from someone who worked at Walkersteel for twenty-odd years and is still friendly with his bourgeois exploiters (er sorry.. I mean employers). His employers/exploiters continue to exploit/employ as beneficiaries of The Trust. Had Jack been alive his information would be more substantial.

Philipl, BPF, care to tell us who's on the other end of your hotline?

Spansterkid

take the time to read the input provided by members such as BPF and Philip, not to mention the quality detail provided by Kamy. if you read and digest the information you will see that the details are NOT the 100% word on the deal. You will see that it is information provided by persons who have given the information with the best if intentions.

You will note Kamy has had a direct line to Ali's camp, he has also had a direct line with BRFC as well as taking the effort/chance to speak to another interested party.

You will also read valuable input from Philip. Should you look at what he has written you will see some very intertesting information based on what he has learned from at least 2 sources as well as his own defination of what is going on through his own skills and experiences.

BPF has also provided some quality information that has been corroborated by at least 2 other persons. Again, using these sources it is a summisation of what has been occurring, it is not definitive.

Please give some of these members a little credit. There are people on here who really do have an inkling of what is actually happening. They have lines of information that would appear to be a real source of information.

These people try to give an honest opinion of how they see it, this has been made clear several times.

Just accept that some of may be correct, some of it may be way off but some of may be 100% bang on the button.

OK I will let you know what happens.

There are at least six MB members and ex-members who have contacts at key points in the processes that are involved in this putative takeover. Some increase and decrease in importance as bidders become more or less active which should tell you there are people with ins to the buying camps as well as talking dogs at Brockhall....

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, Rovers getting the very best deal is of paramount importance. In fact everything else is irrelevant compared with that objective.

So everything I post goes through that filter.

Then there is the issue of reliability- somethings are red herrings, some simple misunderstandings, some are wild guesses masquerading as rumours masquerading as real events.

So I tread carefully when it comes to speculation or new sources- I use words like "I think" or "it appears" etc to signal that the story comes with a health warning.

Especially at the moment when there are flatly contradictory stories about Syed. One with the greatest authority says he must sing now or he is out after missing every beat the conductor has given him for the past six weeks. But then another very reliable source saying his people are deep in negotiation. Of course they could both be right.

Finally there are things I know journalists are also onto. I don't make a living from doing this, the journos do and unless they are producing what I consider to be untruths, I am not going to take them on and run a spoiler for the sake of a few hours before you all know. Rightly or wrongly, people trust nicko and Andy Cryer a heck of a lot more than they trust my scribblings on here... Besides, as is the case with this about to break Syed story, I know some details but certainly not all of them and my half truth might turn out to be very misleading if I post it now. I learnt that lesson when I'd misunderstood the Cathedral donation story from Friday last week as being the LT running a story against Syed. It was only on Sunday I heard it was in fact £125K for the Cathedral Choristers and I had totally misunderstood the hints coming my way. So no I am not going to say what I know just now- the LT are onto it and if I am right it is wonderful news for Blackburn.

PS look at 1083 and 1084 above and the £40,000 donation to Nightsafe is indeed absolutely real. One phone call to them out of the blue and a cheque arrived in the next but one post. Absolutely fantastic for an incredibly deserving cause.

Its like an episode of Secret Millionaire! These are relatively small sums for a man of his reputed wealth but they do indicate one or two things:

He's still determined to buy the club.

There are advisors on the ground informing him about affairs in the local community.

He wants us to think well of him ie it matters to him.

He's cashed up, must have spent in the 7 figures already.

He sees the link between the club and the town and intends to keep it/extend it/make it closer.

All good news as far as I am concerned. Don't know whats holding things up but to both parties-------please fix it.

PS look at 1083 and 1084 above and the £40,000 donation to Nightsafe is indeed absolutely real. One phone call to them out of the blue and a cheque arrived in the next but one post. Absolutely fantastic for an incredibly deserving cause.

Was this the wonderful news you were talking about?

I have to say I think the gift to Nightsafe is wonderful; I am sure a fall in the income for this charity would have been devastating for its clients, so I imagine it will be business as usual for them. Great news.

I am a little perplexed by the gift to the Cathedral. Has a cheque for £25,000 or £125,000 been sent?

Syed appears to be trying is hardest to get the Blackburn public/Rovers fans behind his bid.

I can't say I can remember any club owner making these sort of donations let alone a jockey that has not even finished the race.

Three so called acts of charity in the last week, weird but fair play to him.

Hearts and minds .......... ???.

Archived