Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

Rovers Takeover

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
2530 replies to this topic

#1061 imy9

imy9

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4401 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 18:46 PM

Your insights have been extremely useful bpf, keep up the good work-people like me merely guess!
"What can you do against the lunatic who is more intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and then simply persists in his lunacy?" George Orwell.

#1062 BPF

BPF

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:SJBradleyNY
  • Twitter: @OaklandRovers

Posted 20 October 2010 - 19:25 PM

Your insights have been extremely useful bpf, keep up the good work-people like me merely guess!

Thank you Imy
8th Place: Full Tilt BRFCS Poker Tournament (06/09/10)
3rd Place: Full Tilt BRFCS Poker Tournament (11/10/10)

Lifelong season ticket holder - Now living in New York (Just a little too far to travel)

#1063 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27455 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 19:45 PM

BPF is on the ball so far as I am concerned.

VH are working very hard to close the purchase.

Ali Syed probably needs to allay a number of concerns or else he is not a player. That said there is another wonderful good news story about to break courtesy of Mr Syed.

#1064 koi

koi

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 19:49 PM

Still rubbing my chin wondering what VH want with us - seems very left-field to me.

#1065 SamTheLeedsRover

SamTheLeedsRover

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 19:50 PM

Ali Syed probably needs to allay a number of concerns or else he is not a player. That said there is another wonderful good news story about to break courtesy of Mr Syed.

you tease...
Flying the Rovers flag proudly in White Rose Country...

#1066 koi

koi

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 19:52 PM

Do we have any idea how far the VH group have got?

#1067 chaddyrovers

chaddyrovers

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7648 posts

• ST Block: NO 2

Posted 20 October 2010 - 19:59 PM

What's the story? Also what newspaper is it in? Philipi do you work for the LET paper?

#1068 den

den

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20183 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:01 PM

What's the story? Also what newspaper is it in? Philipi do you work for the LET paper?

Calm down Chaddy. "Philipi" will let you know ASAP. :)
Thanks to Tyrone Shoelaces, this was the first team I ever saw:
Rovers v Middesborough F. A. Cup 5th round. Sat 5th of Feb, 1962. Att, 33,714.

Else! Taylor Newton, Clayton Woods McGrath, Douglas Lawther Pickering Byrom Ratcliffe.

We won 2-1 ( Pickering, Lawther ) setting up an away tie at Fulham in the next round. We drew that 2-2. Before the replay the draw had paired us with our old friends Burnley in the semi finals.
Typically Rovers, we played kean in the replay and lost 1-0 in front of another 33,000 crowd ! of our five forwards four were actually born in the town of Blackburn ! Now that will never happen again.

#1069 rovers_rob

rovers_rob

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:01 PM

do you mean this story - Bahrain: Grand gala Workers Day to be held

#1070 den

den

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20183 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:12 PM

The first sentence suggests that the second sentence isn't takeover related, or you wouldn't have come out with the first sentence, in the first place. Anyone want to second guess? In other words, I don't mind one much, or too much, but three much is one much too much.

Edited by den, 20 October 2010 - 20:17 PM.

Thanks to Tyrone Shoelaces, this was the first team I ever saw:
Rovers v Middesborough F. A. Cup 5th round. Sat 5th of Feb, 1962. Att, 33,714.

Else! Taylor Newton, Clayton Woods McGrath, Douglas Lawther Pickering Byrom Ratcliffe.

We won 2-1 ( Pickering, Lawther ) setting up an away tie at Fulham in the next round. We drew that 2-2. Before the replay the draw had paired us with our old friends Burnley in the semi finals.
Typically Rovers, we played kean in the replay and lost 1-0 in front of another 33,000 crowd ! of our five forwards four were actually born in the town of Blackburn ! Now that will never happen again.

#1071 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27455 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:17 PM

As ever, LT in the morning...

#1072 Spansterkid

Spansterkid

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:25 PM

Oh, more childish 'I know something you don't know' nonsense. How thrilling! Why don't you and BPF just admit you haven't got a clue what's going on? The hedging of your bets on every post tells a tale.

I tell you what I've heard, and why I'm so infuriated by the rubbish that is posted on here, Mr Ali is far further ahead in the process than any of the other interested parties. There is a large stumbling block, about which I don't know the full details, but I'm led to believe it is something that the other interest parties would also have difficulties with, if they are allowed to get to that stage. I speculated about what this might be in a previous post.

See how easy it is? Say what you know or say nothing!
uncouth garb & strange oaths

#1073 47er

47er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7297 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:33 PM

Keep hearing that Mr Ali is on the verge of buying the club, within days.

Keep hearing that Mr Ali is way, way out of the running.

A few weeks ago, all the information coming out was the same, now it's all over the place.

You're not Philip are you?

#1074 92er

92er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5827 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:36 PM

See how easy it is? Say what you know or say nothing!

I have no inside info so I can't post anything that is relevant to the takeover.

However, I would like to say I actually enjoy quite a number of posters on here, including both Philip and BPF.

It doesn't matter to me if either is totally correct, but I find what they write interesting.

They might prove to be correct. They might prove to be incorrect.

Just chill.
995325036%%%topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=2081%%%Top 3 Players.

#1075 Spansterkid

Spansterkid

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:39 PM

Just chill.

I'm chilled.

#1076 Bazzanotsogreat

Bazzanotsogreat

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2265 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:43 PM

This thread gets stranger by the day.

What's the strangest aspect is the amount of people who seem to be suckered in by posters claiming to have a hot line to Williams, Finn or even the Trust. :wstu:

Chill out if it happens, it happens.
sig edited.

#1077 92er

92er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5827 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:45 PM

I'm chilled.

Excellent.
995325036%%%topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=2081%%%Top 3 Players.

#1078 Spansterkid

Spansterkid

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:59 PM

What's the strangest aspect is the amount of people who seem to be suckered in by posters claiming to have a hot line to Williams, Finn or even the Trust. :wstu:

For what it's worth, my 'hotline' came from someone who worked at Walkersteel for twenty-odd years and is still friendly with his bourgeois exploiters (er sorry.. I mean employers). His employers/exploiters continue to exploit/employ as beneficiaries of The Trust. Had Jack been alive his information would be more substantial.

Philipl, BPF, care to tell us who's on the other end of your hotline?

Edited by Spansterkid, 20 October 2010 - 21:02 PM.

#1079 MeanGreenMachine

MeanGreenMachine

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:04 PM

Jesus

#1080 Iceman

Iceman

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5764 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:04 PM

OMG Spansterkid, i thought you were chilled. Seems like there is still, a bit of hot air coming out there. ;)

Once again I'll say if Kean is a puppet his successor will be too, so why would you want another puppet?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.