SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the club will have extra selling phases to prevent injustices like ST holders who didn't go to the sem-final getting tickets for the final before those that did.

As seats would be at a premium it should therefore be ST holders/Away ST holders who went to the Semi first and the 'excuse makers' after that. Maybe even put the non-ST holders who went to Cardiff in front of them too.....teach!! biggrin.gif

I guess I must be an 'excuse maker'. I would love to go to the semi - regardless of time, money, distance etc. - however, my cousin is getting married on that day - an event planned for the last 18 months and I can't really get out of it.

But I am a season ticket holder and have been to every cup game so far this season, including Cardiff away, and you can bet your life that I'll be first in queue when final tickets go on sale.

It's a strange thing, but for every game so far in the run, people who attend a specific game think that they should be more entitled to tickets than other fans - but not every fan can go to every game - and it is not always just personal choice not to attend.

That is why the club - on the whole - get it right. They reward season ticket holders as they generally attend every home league game, and I suspect for the final, they will require a minimum of 2 cup game ticket stubs, thus ensuring that people who have attended some cup games get first choice over those that haven't been to any - but to suggest that going to one game (irrespective of distance and inconvenience caused) should get you that priviledge is nonsence.

rover.gif well i would not give season ticket holders preferential treatment for the final,i am a season ticket holder but the reason for my statement is season ticket holders sometimes think as they have bought a ticket for the season they do not have to attend any other games.

my plan would be all those have attended all 7 cup games this season get first shout.then after that 6,5,4,3,2,1, then season ticket holders get a go tinykit.gif

So if someone only attends one game (for instance the cup game against Burnley) putting approx £20 into the club, they should be given priority over someone who attends a minimum of 19 games putting in over £300 for the season??

Doesn't make sense to me - season ticket holders get rewarded for putting a lot of money into the club - it is, as someone has already said, one of the few perks of being a season ticket holder - don't forget we miss out on cheaper tickets when the club decides to do a special promotion.

Edited by DaveyB

Why all this debate about Final tickets ?

1. We have a major obstacle in Arsenal to overcome before we even need to worry about ticket priorities

2. We struggled to sell out for the Worthy Cup - with falling attendances I can't imagine too many people having problems. Unless they want specific seats.

On a positive note - IF we get past Arsenal the club have the opportunity to boost the attendances for the remaining matches of the season by making fans aware that a ticket history for the season will be required to purchase tickets (after season ticket holders etc have had there shout).

Just bought 2 adult and 1 under 16 ticket for the Scottish cup semi final on Sunday between Hearts and Celtic:

£35 in total! ohmy.gifohmy.gif

Our semi final ticket prices are just sickening.

As seats would be at a premium it should therefore be ST holders/Away ST holders who went to the Semi first and the 'excuse makers' after that. Maybe even put the non-ST holders who went to Cardiff in front of them too.....teach!! 

We will get around 20,000 or so tickets for the final (IF we get there) meaning that they wont need to put any restrictions on S/T holders as every S/T holder will be guaranteed a seat.

As seats would be at a premium it should therefore be ST holders/Away ST holders who went to the Semi first and the 'excuse makers' after that. Maybe even put the non-ST holders who went to Cardiff in front of them too.....teach!! 

We will get around 20,000 or so tickets for the final (IF we get there) meaning that they wont need to put any restrictions on S/T holders as every S/T holder will be guaranteed a seat.

Correct Ben2000 but from memory and from what I have heardpreviously it will be less than that - more like 18k for normal sale.

Therefore if we do get through there would still be enough to cover our S/t - circa 14k

This is where priority would probably have to kick in - S/T holders who regularly buy additional tickets /S/T Holders who want additional tickets or regulars who buy on a match by match basis?

I can't really see it being any different than "1 per season ticket book" Season Ticket Holders will all get one so I don't really see why they would say S/T holders with 2 stubs (for example) can buy first.

Edited by Ben-2000

Let's get this topic into the game as the referees have been announced for the semis.

1 Arsenal v Blackburn Rovers, Saturday 16 April (12:15pm)

(Millennium Stadium, Cardiff)

S W Dunn

R Bone

D S Babski

Fourth Official

M Clattenburg

2 Newcastle United v Manchester United, Sunday 17 April (2:00pm)

(Millennium Stadium, Cardiff)

G Poll

M Tingey

G B Turner

Fourth Official

B Knight

Does anyone remember if Mr Dunn has got it in for us ? Was he not the ref for the Arsenal league game or am I mistaken?Sorry he was ref for the Norwich game. Same result please!!

Edited by NEARREY

I can't really see it being any different than "1 per season ticket book" Season Ticket Holders will all get one so I don't really see why they would say S/T holders with 2 stubs (for example) can buy first.

So they get to "cherry pick" the seats they want rather than get stuck in the corner on the top tier?

Just spoken to the ticket office and gthe club will NOT be putting tickets on the West Stand on sale at all.

That means no more £25 / £35 available. And also that we are unlikely to take more than 15000 fans.

Arsenal are in a very similar situation.

Just spoken to the ticket office and gthe club will NOT be putting tickets on the West Stand on sale at all.

That means no more £25 / £35 available. And also that we are unlikely to take more than 15000 fans.

That is a ###### take, I would of thought we could have at least got 22,000. I'm sure if they opened up the other stand more people would be inclined to go because of the £25 and £35 tickets!

How do you know that Stuart?

I hate to admit this but I have a gooner friend ph34r.gif Hes been told they arent selling tickets in the West Stand until the other areas sell out, which they havn't.

Just bought 2 adult and 1 under 16 ticket for the Scottish cup semi final on Sunday between Hearts and Celtic:

Why??

huh.gifsmile.gif

Can't tell you ph34r.gif

He got some comps - Gav and Juninho are brothers you know.

anybody travelling from the north east or wants a lift to Bristol from up here???

I used to live down there so a stopover on the friday night is a possibilty unless people want to go down on the sat morning instead.

pm me or post here if interested!!!! smile.gif

its all sending the right message to the FA, they furked up big style and now have serious egg on their faces.

a third full stadium in the semi final of the most prestigious competition in the whole wide world and it is ALL down to them

muppets ??? not they are worse than that. sad.gif

I don't think anyone really knows how ticket sales are going, albeit generally they are poor. It's just been posted that we won't sell more than 15k according to the ticket office. An earlier post says (also via ticket office) that we have sold about half, which would mean 15k already. With a further week and a half to go you would expect the figure to rise to 20k or perhaps a bit more, which bearing in mind all circumstances would be reasonable.