BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "rovers May Take Less Than 15,000"

Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?

• I'll be arriving on Friday (or before)
    • I'll be arriving on Saturday
    • I'll not be there, the main reason was a prior engagement
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the KO time
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the cost
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (although I'll be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (I'll not be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the combined cost, location, travel problems etc make it unattractive
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply don't want to be
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply can't be botherd
    • I'll not be there, but for another reason altogether.

This poll is closed to new votes

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but agencies have reported John Williams admitting that the club may have fewer than 15,000 fans in Cardiff on Saturday.

Williams has blamed the FA for the low turn-out after claiming that they have messed up the semi-final weekend by staging both games at the Millennium Stadium.

He said: “It will be a great effort if we can take 15,000 fans under the circumstances of high ticket prices, the long journey and the kick-off time.

“The FA have made it difficult. It’s a bad decision, not only in terms of location, but coupled with the kick-off time, it has become a very difficult trip for our fans.

“The alternative of staying at home to watch on TV is clearly going to affect our attendance on the day.

“It would have been better for our fans and better for the game if the semi-final was at Villa Park.

"We could fill the Millennium Stadium for the Final. We have done it before when we won the Worthington Cup in Cardiff.

"But it’s a tall order for us to get anywhere near selling 30,000 tickets for a semi-final and, sadly, we won’t.”

Meanwhile, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson blames Arsenal for leaning on the FA to get Cardiff chosen as the venue for this weekend’s FA Cup semi-finals.

In the latest twist in the long running United-Arsenal feud Ferguson said today: “Apparently it was Arsenal who forced this through.

“I think they wanted it at Cardiff last season instead of Villa Park. We are looking forward to the semi-final but it’s a terrible burden on the fans with it being at Cardiff, particularly the Newcastle fans.

"The editor of a newspaper said United fans were being arrogant and that they’ve had plenty of semi-finals whereas Newcastle haven’t.

"I don’t think that’s the point. The point is the cost to fans. And how many accidents will there be on the way down? It’s a long journey compared to, say, Leeds. I just don’t understand it."

Edited by jim mk2

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone else confirm that the ticket prices for Rovers are more expensive than the prices for United fans at the Millennium? In last weeks programme at OT it says that the ticket prices are from £21 - £29. The FA maintains that we are undersubscribed and so are charged more. I find this particular rumour very hard to believe but if true is scandalous.Rovers fans want to go but are being priced out.

Can anyone else confirm that the ticket prices for Rovers are more expensive than the prices for United fans at the Millennium? In last weeks programme at OT it says that the ticket prices are from £21 - £29. The FA maintains that we are undersubscribed and so are charged more. I find this particular rumour very hard to believe but if true is scandalous.Rovers fans want to go but are being priced out.

Thats their match day price.

Prices for the semi final are IDENTICAL for all four clubs.

I think that I have done my bit.

In total I have purchased 122 tickets including my own, over 60 are non regulars and who are heading there for a good day out.

We are scheduled to arrive Cardiff 0830ish so if any of you spot 3 coach loads of curried/aled up blues then it is us lot having a ball tongue.gif

Well it's 15,004 now, just ordered my tickets at tea time.

At £45 a throw thank goodness I'm only paying for my own ticket.

How anyone can possibly criticise say a family of 4 for not going and paying full whack for the kids is beyond me.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

In total I have purchased 122 tickets including my own, over 60 are non regulars and who are heading there for a good day out.

Well done 1864 - you deserve to get in free yourself for that effort. Contrast that with several thousand who can afford the trip but can't be arsed and you know where the real fans (in the true sense of the word) are.

although I got 122 it was not bloody easy !

The young lad did me a favour with tickets for kids stand, apparently you couldnt have more than 2 adults for 1 child in that end ! Having got around that little obstacle I had to look at the best seating option for tha number.

Eventually got a block booking in the North and Main stand.

Quite nervy getting down to Ewood with best part of 5k in cash and then watching the member of staff having to count it out. I am sure there was a freebie amongst them ! rolleyes.gif

Brilliant work 1864!

Hope you all have a fantastic day and that as the organiser you don't hasve too many "oops we left little Johnny at Newport East services or was it Charnock Richard?" moments.

There is one last laugh- as I understand it, the gate receipts for the two semi-finals are added together, the FA bit deducted and the pot divided in four.

So our lack of support hits the other three and the FA as much as it hurts us. Or putting it another way, thanks to the Manc, Arse and Geordie supporters for the subsidy.

Brilliant work 1864!

Hope you all have a fantastic day and that as the organiser you don't hasve too many "oops we left little Johnny at Newport East services or was it Charnock Richard?" moments.

There is one last laugh- as I understand it, the gate receipts for the two semi-finals are added together, the FA bit deducted and the pot divided in four.

So our lack of support hits the other three and the FA as much as it hurts us. Or putting it another way, thanks to the Manc, Arse and Geordie supporters for the subsidy.

As a matter of interest philip:

Are you jetting back from your tax haven for the match ?

And if not, why not ?

if they miss the coach then tuff poo poo !

No excuses allowed.

As for being the main organiser, there are others involved and I cant take all the credit but I will of course laugh.gif

Cardiff can stand by coz win lose or draw, we are gonna find the first pub and enjoy a pint or two, then its a meal, more bevvy, a visit to the offy then homeward bound, rocking and rolling biggrin.gif

How anyone can possibly criticise say a family of 4 for not going and paying full whack for the kids is beyond me.

Reason I'm so vocal about the stayaways is that I know season ticket holders with no ties who say they can't afford it. Rubbish, it's all about priorities. If you buy a season ticket every year it's fair to say that Rovers are quite high on your priority list. So if these particular 'fans' had got their arses down to Ewood with their ST's when they went on sale (like I and many others did) they'd have paid a measly 25 quid.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of the supposed 'true' fans who are not going are not doing so for one reason only. Because they can't be arsed.

What do they follow a football club for anyway? Do they strive for mediocrity year in year out so they can have a good whinge?

Reason I'm so vocal about the stayaways is that I know season ticket holders with no ties who say they can't afford it. Rubbish, it's all about priorities. If you buy a season ticket every year it's fair to say that Rovers are quite high on your priority list.

No, it's because they can't afford it.

You & I have no insight into the personal finances of those who are not going, regardless of whether or not they are ST holders, how long they have been ST holders, if they have seen Simon Garner, were at Anfield in 1995 or whatever.

It is going to be an expensive and completely inconvenient day.

Travel will be a nightmare.

It's only a semi.

And we'll get stuffed, despite all the happy-clappy predictions elsewhere on this site.

See you there (just in case you wondered) I'm as daft as you are.

Very odd this. I know no one that has bought a £25 ticket. The FA manipulating the sales as they have means that everybody I speak to has had to stump up either 45 or 55 quid...... and no concessions. Something stinks.

Oh and the argument for building the National Stadium in the middle of the country has never been better illustrated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.