BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "rovers May Take Less Than 15,000"

Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?

• I'll be arriving on Friday (or before)
    • I'll be arriving on Saturday
    • I'll not be there, the main reason was a prior engagement
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the KO time
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the cost
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (although I'll be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (I'll not be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the combined cost, location, travel problems etc make it unattractive
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply don't want to be
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply can't be botherd
    • I'll not be there, but for another reason altogether.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listening to radio lancashire on saturday afternoon and ticket sales were at 16,500 and hopefully with that good result on saturday we can make 20,000. optimistic i know but here's hoping

It's dissapointing but the FA can have only themselves to blame.

We're only taking 15k, it's dissapointing but let's make sure that when we go down we get right behind the team.

I'm looking at it like it's a once in a life time opportunity. We haven't been this far in the FA Cup for god knows how many years. The kick off time can't be helped, the prices can't either but Rovers fans have been wanting a good cup run in years, we've got one so get down to Cardiff.

The ones who aren't going, I understand the price and appreciate the difficulty of familes not being able to go down but just imagine what you could be missing out on.

That's exactly why I'm going. I've not managed to get up to Ewood for a couple of years now, seeing as Cornwall is about as far away as you can get without taking a swim, and unemployed teachers don't have much money, but I couldn't afford to miss this game!

Was there for the Worthy Cup win against North London opponents. If the team play like they have for the last few games there's plenty of reasons for us to get our hopes up! biggrin.gif

Lee on the official board said we had just passed 15,000 yesterday. So if we had sold 12,000 by last thursday it's about 1,000 a day. Doubt we'll get to 20,000 but hopefully 17,500.

Oh and by the way Thenodrog I got 3 £25 tickets so you now know one person who has got them!!

I'm looking at it like it's a once in a life time opportunity. We haven't been this far in the FA Cup for god knows how many years. The kick off time can't be helped, the prices can't either but Rovers fans have been wanting a good cup run in years, we've got one so get down to Cardiff.

The ones who aren't going, I understand the price and appreciate the difficulty of familes not being able to go down but just imagine what you could be missing out on.

Great post and my sentiments entirely.

Next time you talk to someone who says they aren't going cos they can't afford it, offer to lend them the money 'til they can pay it back, chances are they still won't go.

That's my experience on three separate occasions anyway.

TNR I got 4 £25 tickets and know of only 3 people who've had to pay over that (apart from those on here obviously).

Edited by LDRover

Lee on the official board said we had just passed 15,000 yesterday. So if we had sold 12,000 by last thursday it's about 1,000 a day. Doubt we'll get to 20,000 but hopefully 17,500.

Oh and by the way Thenodrog I got 3 £25 tickets so you now know one person who has got them!!

the only three you @#/? wink.gif

I've been royally stitched up in that I'm on a stag do in Nottingham on Saturday, and I'm an usher at said stag's wedding on the day of the final! He is a Bolton fan so I can understand why he wanted those dates, although he was going to cancel had Bolton beat Arsenal in the quarters.

I'm leaving it a bit late (I had resigned my self to not going) but I'm hoping to get there and then to Nottingham in time for the evening's proceedings. God knows how I'm going to get out of duties on Final day though!

In my opinion people have no right to criticise people for not going, the whole set-up has been shambolic and even though it's a momentous occasion the expense and the logistics of it all will understandably put people off. If I had to pay for any other family members I would also be reluctant to go, the prices for football matches these days are prohibitive for young men and women with children and they have my sympathy.

stop whining.

Im not happy with the logistics or the organisation, or in fact the cost.

I have made my views clear and I am still going.

If people dont want to go coz of teh cost/effort - fair enough - but do not try and justify it and try and get sympathy - people in the same situation are going - Waggy had to give up a weekend on the beer for gods sake. If you cant make it due to other commitments fair enough but please I dont care - get a note from your mum excusing you

I`m going to Prague next week on a stag do and then Scotland 2 weeks later for the weekend.

The car needs taxing at the end of the month and my overdraft is in meltdown.

So what do Rovers do? Go and get to the F.A cup semi bloody final. Thanks a bunch you inconsiderate gits.

Remortgage time I think biggrin.gif

COME ON YOU BLUES

And another thing....

...15,000 of our "hard-core" regulars are going to make more noise than 30,000 prawn sandwich eaters.

So get those throats lubricated and let's get us into the Final.

biggrin.gif

"You can stick your 12.15 up your a$$e,

You can stick your 12.15 up your a$$e,

You can stick your 12.15, stick your 12.15, stick your 12.15 up your a$$e."

They've sold out. Not sure yet, if they've been given our unsold tickets..

Although they struggled to sell their own tickets the fact that they have done means they probably could shift a few more (especially of the gold-dust like £25 and £35 tickets). We are NOT selling over 20,000 so the FA might as well release a wad of our tickets to the Arse. There won't be a segregation problem as you could leave a few thousand empty between both sets of fans.

Up to 15k now apparantely - still poor.

I think its PATHETIC we cant sell out for our biggest game in YEARS.... What bigger game is there apart from the final? I don’t care what time its on at or at where it is - EVERYONE should be going!! ffs

We're taking 1/6th of the towns population. If Arsenal Did that they'd take 1,200.000 people! laugh.gif

I'm not going 'cos

-it would cost £250 for us four and junior gets fed up.

- I went last time so Mrs Prof will take Big Lad

- It was a minging trip

But I'm thinking of what I might miss more every day now!

We could only get £45 tickets to. £25 were', available even for Big Lad whose 12.

so I'm also not going 'cos it stinks of another Southern ripoff.

Bob on JW.

It's not fair to abuse those of us who can't make it. £45 a ticket + £20 to get down per person. I'm sorry we're not going to sell out all our application, but some people simply can't get to the game- and shouldn't be criticised if they've got a genuinely good reason.

Up to 15k now apparantely - still poor.

I think its PATHETIC we cant sell out for our biggest game in YEARS.... What bigger game is there apart from the final? I don’t care what time its on at or at where it is - EVERYONE should be going!! ffs

Exactly. How can we complain, especially if Arsenal sell out their allocation? further to travel for them and higher cost.

Frankly I'm getting sick of some of the members of this board telling me I'm not a real fan because I'm not going on Saturday. Well, I probably could afford it, like I afford the 800 quid plus in season ticket fees we pay in our household each year (next year to increase as elder daughter steps up to the next level ticket). I could afford to go to the Worthy cup final and when we win on Saturday I can probably afford to go to the final. Fact is, for me, for a semi, on a Saturday at 12-15am, with a couple of young daughters, it is too much for what it is. If you think that makes me less of a fan then fine, that's your view. However, 4 of the paltry 20,000 last Saturday were me and mine. 4 of the no doubt paltry crowd a week on Wednesday will be me and mine. And so on. So please, keep your generalisations about others to yourself and well done to the guy who's arranged 122! Perhaps you can persuade them to the odd wet and windy Wednesday against Crystal Palace too biggrin.gif

not sure if its entirely relevant to this thread, but it seems the closest thread to what i'm going to post.

in any case, am currently watching a programme discussing this week's football issues on espn. its affiliated to sky and so we've got martin tyler on it from the london studios, with gavin peacock over here in the singapore studio. the hosts were discussing this issue of holding the semis at cardiff, and how it would inconvenience primarily the scum supporters and newcastle fans (well what did i expect, blackburn doesnt deserve a mention).

but then, martin tyler came on and sort of stuck up for you guys who are making the trip. emphasised that we (blackburn fans) are in fact the worst hit, with the early kickoff time and the fact that you guys have to get up before dawn to make the trip, or fork out considerable cash for a hotel overnight. he then bashed the fa a little, saying how its all about revenue nowadays. anyway, that segment ended with him saying that we should all expect the stadium to not be full for our semi.

Notwithstanding the cost, there are probably older supporters/less able supporters/those with young children/others who have previous arrangements for the day who would love to attend but logistically simply cannot do so.

And for those who have simply no idea about what attending such an event with a couple of youngsters in tow entails are welcome to take a couple of my grandaughters!

Even club travel involves arriving at various pick-up points at an un-godly hour.

Things are not always as simple as they seem.

The 'armchair' supporters who simply cannot be bothered are the ones who should feel ashamed of themselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.