BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

Actually hypothetically I'd rather pay 1000 quid for my season ticket and watch Duff if you see what I mean but I doubt this is a widely held view.

331018[/snapback]

Yes know what you mean Rev but I couldn't manage that biggrin.gif

On the JW Central thing we would have moved there for next season but it's just too expensive in relation to the rest of the ground and I see no point in moving to the outer wings for roughly the same money as the FS.

One thing I would like to be able to do is move around the ground. I'd like to move into the JW Central but I'm worried we'd end up with poor seats in the Outer Areas as we can't afford the central. My lads want to try the BBE. We have ended up back in the FS but it would be great to be able to have a couple of games in other stands to see how we feel in the seats available.

The problem, MCMC, with moving the FS is the facilities in the Riverside aren't available. We don't use it but there is the strikers lounge etc. Secondly I'm not sure those who can't get in the BBE would necessarily find there was an atmosphere in the upper tier with the exception of perhaps 2-3 big games each season. Most of the time it would be half empty....at best.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no figures, but the 40% drop rumours are rubbish, we are a touch down on this stage last season, but hopefully the Bellamy signing should perk things up

331023[/snapback]

Mrs stuwilky's renewal is yet to be processed. It might not make a huge difference to thed ST numbers, but takings in Blues will rocket (as anyone on the BRFCS meet will testify wink.gif )

I've no figures, but the 40% drop rumours are rubbish, we are a touch down on this stage last season, but hopefully the Bellamy signing should perk things up

331023[/snapback]

Lee, that would be the best news possible. thumbs-up.gif

Imagine a terrace of say 5 risers 2 METRES WIDE, running the length of the Riverside

2 Metres wide??.....you joking Alan75!! unsure.gif

331022[/snapback]

2 should have been A METRE WIDE.

Anyway its Just at the design stage, I have to allow for overhanging beer bellies. biggrin.gif

Wait until I get it, on the drawing board, and work out space and traffic flow wink.gif

The frequently mooted suggestion that we demolish the Riverside to increase demand is the most ludicrous I've ever heard and frightens me senseless.

Yes we would sell out the other areas of the ground quicker but all we would be doing would be capping our maximum potential capacity at around the 25-26,000  mark and missing out on the extra revenue from the big games.

And we would be ensuring in future that no more than 18-19,000 Rovers fans could gain access to Ewood thereby killing off demand IMO as people couldn't get tickets.

The Riverside is a problem though, it will have to be replaced at some point and  do we want to be the only club in the League playing to three sides?

I thnink the current capacity is about right, something aesthetically pleasing on the eye with a similar or slightly increased capacity to the current Riverside would be the ideal solution in an ideal money no object world.

331014[/snapback]

it would be great to be able to have a couple of games in other stands to see how we feel in the seats available.

331020[/snapback]

Paul if you have a season ticket I think you can try out another area of the ground by requesting a season ticket "exception" from the ticket office.

331023[/snapback]

Cheers for that Lee. I was very dubious of these reports of a 40% drop purely because I doubt John Williams would state we were more or less the same as last year if that was not true.

Like you say hopefully the Bellamy and subsequent feel good should push things a bit more.

Following on from the MEN article saying they think we'll do well, today's Times suggests we'll finish top six too.

I'm not used to all this positivity, hell even I think we'll finish 8th or 9th. ohmy.gif

If we were to upgrade the riverside stand, I would quite like a few things incorporated which sould inmprove attendance and revenue...

Of course, there are possibly even more constraints on the confined space the stand would have to be constructed in, not to mention the money we would need...

It would be nice to have something that could be included in the stadium tour - perhaps some sort of museum type thing?

I also think it could be a good idea to either donate a portion to families and reopen the whole of the blackburn end (getting a ticket in the blackburn end is difficult if you arent a season ticket holder), or alternatively, create a budget stand, and offer lower priced tickets.

I agree that the stand would need to be built so that it doesn't take the capacity up to unreachable levels - if we built 9,000 seats that would take us to those kind of limits, which several websites seem to mention as our eventual aim (40,000).

It is important to sell as many season tickets as we can, but if not, I firmly believe offering lower price tickets for games not considered 'biggies' (certainly for youngsters) would bring in more support.

is it?

Yeah - I tried to get tickets there for Man City, Newcastle and Fulham last season. All I could get was ones for Man City, just behind the goal so that the crossbar completely blocked the view of the pitch! Still, the missus enjoyed it and I will be taking her much more next season - especially as she was singing!

As for the other games, had to sit in the extremeties of the Jack Walker and Riverside.

Yeah - I tried to get tickets there for Man City, Newcastle and Fulham last season. All I could get was ones for Man City, just behind the goal so that the crossbar completely blocked the view of the pitch! Still, the missus enjoyed it and I will be taking her much more next season - especially as she was singing!

As for the other games, had to sit in the extremeties of the Jack Walker and Riverside.

331071[/snapback]

Bloody hell!

There are usually empty seats at the bottom of the BBE. YOu must have been really unlucky. I managed to get them for every game I wanted to go to in a good location (where I now have my season ticket) every time.

Unfortunately am moving to scotland for the year so wont be able to renew my season ticket. Absolutly gutted about it. Gonna have to be a casual next year and only come to one or two games

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.