SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 Sunderland 0

den

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a must win game, to get our season back on track. Sunderland are playing well at the moment and even though they are going down, they are showing great fight, like on Sunday and against Chelsea, so we have to be up for it. We should be too good for them, but I thought that about the last two games!

2-1 Rovers-Bellamy and Pongolle for Rovers. Lawrence for Sunderland.

It is closed from 2100 on Wednesday - went past last night - What about heading down the M61 to the M62 - probably quicker than diverting via Heap Bridge and Heywood to the M62.

M65-M61-M60 becomes M62. A bit further around but not much.

Thanks to Quack & Al - Defo seems to lean towards 65 - 61 at least we can stay on the motorway instead of some dodgy diversion route.

I'm not subscribing to the whole "They always beat us tripe". They are a bad football team and we are a good football team. does that mean we automatically get the 3 points? No, but it DOES mean that we SHOULD get the three points. Of course our past form has blown that logic out of the water, but I still maintain that we will win this one in a fairly comfy manner.

3-1

Bellamy-Bellamy-Reid-Kyle

will Gamst be taking part? If not I'd like to see Sergio get a start.

Which junction is closed?  19?

If so, could come off at 20 and nip along the A58 to Junc 2 on the 66.

The todmorden road is the other option, not been over that way for years though!!

383892[/snapback]

Yeah, i`d use this option to get home ^^

Come off M66 at Junction 2 (A58) heading towards Heywood (Rochdale) & follow signs for M62 (junction 19). I reckon it`d save you a good half hour, rather than using the M65/M61/M62 option.

We need to win this to restore a bit of confidence and desire for the closing stages.

Team I would like to see:

Bellamy    Pongo

Pedersen    Savage  Tugay  Bentley

Gray      Nelsen    Zurab    Niell

Freidel

Subs: Encks, Todd, Peter, Emerton, Kuqi

We need to win this to restore a bit of confidence and desire for the closing stages.

Team I would like to see:

Subs:  Encks, Todd, Peter, Emerton, Kuqi

383963[/snapback]

have to agree with the side you chose joey big nose thumbs-up.gifrover.gif

if pedersen still out, would slot peter in on the left.

if i have to make a prediction, 3-0 rovers. dunno who will score the goals though, hopefully savage can get his first for the club, as for stead he won't score though he will come close and hit the post laugh.gif

does anymone know is mgp is fit for the game tommorrow night we missed him badly at goodison

it's a big game for us tommorrow night we must get the 3 points and get back on track for Europe we need bellers and SFP to each get a goal to help them get on a scoring mission.

• Backroom
we need bellers and SFP to each get a goal to help them get on a scoring mission.

383984[/snapback]

Who is this SFP I keep seeing crop up on here? Have we signed another player that I've missed?? ph34r.gif

Ohhhhh hang on tongue.gif you mean FSP don't you ! as in Florent Sinama-Pongolle rolleyes.gif

A thought for the Rovers players following their lack-lustre performances recently.

Prior to the WBA and Everton matches I expected us to get 4 points - given that Everton had their keeper sent off - 6 points should have been achievable.

IF we had secured those points - a win tomorrow would have put us in 4th position.

It shows that the ultimate dream of a European place is achievable. Tomorrow the players have to show that they want to push for a European place - rather than settle for mid-table (which is how it looks at the moment).

A lot depends on the defence tomorrow - we have had too many individual mistakes in recent matches.

Personally I would drop Todd and Savage - lining up with :-

Friedal

Neill Zurab Nelsen Gray

Emerton Tugay Reid MGP

Bentley Bellamy

I would consider dropping Gray - but for me he would keep his place for his attacking capabilities.

Though I was very depressed on Saturday night - I am going to be optimistic and go for a 3-1 victory rover.gif

Did anyone notice how poor Nelsen was against Everton, when he was running he looked like he was running through snow.

Agree about Todd and Gray possibly being dropped, but Savage cant be dropped hes the energy of the team for me and playing against Sunderland will be an ideal game for him.

What about Pongolle though on saturday, i thought he was absolutely rubbish maybe the Sunderland game is his chance to show us what hes got - i hope its more than he showed at Everton.

Roll on wednesday to cheer us all up.

i really doubt gray will be dropped, he will really wan't to prove a point playing against his former club.

i always thought gresko was a good player but he seems to have dissapeared from the first team setup, he gave everything for the whole 90mins when i seen him play.

384028[/snapback]

[/quote

Gresko is not a good player he is not a patch on Mickey Gray

Sunderland are utter crap - one of the worst Premiership sides I've ever seen. Stead and Kyle make donkeys with limps look quick and skillful. Breen is way past his sell by date. Lawrence is however more than useful.

I fear for Rovers in this game but then again I'm usually pessimistic

Rovers need a new left back - or whatever they are called - as Gray is useless although he probably has more ''assists'' than any other Rover but at the wrong end. He was good but is not any more. Get rid.

Unfair comments re: Gray. In fact I would say he has been one of our more consistent performers. Seen live coverage over here of quite a few games and he has performed well. The actual game at Wigan when I was there he was outstanding.

Unfair comments re: Gray. In fact I would say he has been one of our more consistent performers. Seen live coverage over here of quite a few games and he has performed well. The actual game at Wigan when I was there he was outstanding.

384053[/snapback]

I think Mickeys had a decent season so far. Ok theres been a couple of ropey performances recently, but given that the alternative is Dominic Matteo, I'll stick with Gray.

I'm going for a 2-2. We failed to beat them in 4 attempts (i think!) in the season that they became the Premiership's worst ever team in terms of points accumulated. However, this time they do not have Gavin McCann and we do not have Garry Flitcroft. Nor do we have Jon Douglas at right back, thankfully.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.