Rovers Vs Man Utd. 1st Leg

bob fleming

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are only availiable till 5pm though

373128[/snapback]

To stop Man U supporters infiltrating on the night.

I bet that goes by the board if their are a lod of Rovers fans trying to buy tickets on the night though- first I've heard about it reading it on here just now.

Anyone spot the logic flaw in this piece by Reuters which has been picked up and used by press around the world (including the Times of Malta which provided this quote)?

"Manchester United risk another cup upset tomorrow when a side chastened by drawing with minor league Burton Albion face Blackburn Rovers in the League Cup semi-finals.

"Three days after United's humiliating 0-0 FA Cup draw and three before they meet City in the Manchester derby, manager Alex Ferguson has to find a team capable of avoiding defeat in the first leg at Ewood Park.

"United, who will face either old foes Arsenal or Wigan Athletic in the final at Cardiff on Feb. 26, have a hectic schedule of matches after adding an unwanted FA Cup third round replay at home to Burton on Jan. 18."

Draw tommorrow, tonking at Trafford borough. Sorry, just that's our lot in life these days.

373147[/snapback]

no your wrong

be optimistic

we have only lost once against united since we returned to the Prem at ewood.

im very optimistic about both these games, and although man utd might have a slight advantage, we can still do them

Loved MGP's interview on Rovers World.

"Man Yoo will play their strongest side, because they're out of Europe,League and FA CUP(?!Big fan of Burton i guess)"

and..

"We wont lose, i can feel it"

My Prediction

Rovers 2-1 Manure

Pedersen (22) Saha (57)

Bellamy (77)

Att: 23, 643

With Manchester United selling out their allocation, and with the increased interest of fans 'from Blackburn' who don't know their own postcode when asked a second time, the club had to take the decision to stop selling tickets at a certain time.

The police could quite easily have put a halt to us selling tomorrow full stop.

The last thing we want is for Rovers fans who are genuinely queueing up to get stuck behind a host of Man Utd fans trying to dupe the staff into selling them tickets.

Saying that, there's been no queue today. At all.

Saying that, there's been no queue today. At all.

373161[/snapback]

Possibly less than 16,000 Rovers fans at Ewood for a cup semi-final?? sad.gif

What f**king right have the people of Blackburn to treat this huge game with such apathy and contempt after all the clubs hard work to date?,What must Hughes think?

Christ all mighty!,it will be like a home game for the Mancs tomorrow.......I WISH WE WERE PLAYING ARSENAL

ITS BL00DY P1SS POOR!!. mad.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I know plenty of Rovers fans around Blackpool who will be watching the game on TV.

Why? They don't know about the cheaper tickets, and even those who do ''can't be doing with the hassle of traveling to Blackburn on a work night.''

A coach facility around Lancashire, ala Charlton?

I know plenty of Rovers fans around Blackpool who will be watching the game on TV.

Why? They don't know about the cheaper tickets, and even those who do ''can't be doing with the hassle of traveling to Blackburn on a work night.''

A coach facility around Lancashire, ala Charlton?

373175[/snapback]

Poor marketing from the club IMO. I've said it many times before it is simply TOO DIFFICULT to buy a ticket to watch the Rovers. Until this is addressed the chances of crowds improving are slight.

Poor marketing from the club IMO. I've said it many times before it is simply TOO DIFFICULT to buy a ticket to watch the Rovers. Until this is addressed the chances of crowds improving are slight.

373183[/snapback]

One of Mark's friends phoned up yesterday for a ticket and they refused to sell him one because he wasn't on the database. He had been to Rovers before just never bought a ticket for himself before. Even though he could prove he had a blackburn post code they said it couldn't prove he wasn't a Man U fan.

Which although in a way is sensible, are we really in a position to be turning people away? This is the kind of fixture that could bring new fans to the club, but if they are getting tunred away it is completely sending out the wrong message.

One of Mark's friends phoned up yesterday for a ticket and they refused to sell him one because he wasn't on the database. He had been to Rovers before just never bought a ticket for himself before. Even though he could prove he had a blackburn post code they said it couldn't prove he wasn't a Man U fan.

Which although in a way is sensible, are we really in a position to be turning people away? This is the kind of fixture that could bring new fans to the club, but if they are getting tunred away it is completely sending out the wrong message.

373186[/snapback]

If he wants to go, just ring up and buy an extra ticket on your season ticket account.

Its not "easy" though.

We've actually just been to the ground now and picked up some tickets. He's now going with one of his friends who is a Rovers member, but had to book on his credit card because said friend is on nights and wasn't available to get the tickets. You wouldn't beliee the difficulty this caused. We must have been stood at the window for 15 minutes as more than one member of staff scrambled round to try and find the tickets.

It's no surprise that we struggle to pick up the floating fan when they treat them like this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.