SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Vs Man Utd. 1st Leg

bob fleming

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah! It's Shillito who needs cheering up not me. They lost last year in the Semi Finals of this competition so they may as well make it two in a row. We've every chance.

I couldn't care less what team they put out. I'm more concerned about what we can do. And so's Ferguson I'd imagine, hence all his nonsense about a "weakened team" - it'll be more or less full strength bar a couple of players and they'll be on the bench anyway.

Thanks a LET

When the home town newspaper spends 75% of its article interviewing Mark Hughes bigging him up for the Manc job, what hope is there?

The LET has to be the biggest load of garbage going- sack them and put Jason in charge.

373362[/snapback]

Talk about poor timing, was it one of the Dingles did that interview, talk of the manager not being commited to Rovers right before a big game is very unsettling.

In their defence, since day one it has been touted that this job at Rovers is merely Hughes' apprenticeship for Old Trafford anyway. It's been said since the day Hughes came and the lull Fergie went through combined with Sparkies success has only intensified things.

Utd are perhaps one of a handfull of clubs I can see Sparky leaving us for, the day will arrive when he does. My choice for replacement is now already pencilled in. Mike Newell. But let's not start all that huh?

The reason why I'd like a Wigan-Rovers cup final is because I could really see us winning it. Somehow another trip to Cardiff to face Arsenal, though it would be great and we'd stand a chance, doesn't fill me with the same confidance as us against Wigan.

Talk about poor timing, was it one of the Dingles did that interview, talk of the manager not being commited to Rovers right before a big game is very unsettling.

In their defence, since day one it has been touted that this job at Rovers is merely Hughes' apprenticeship for Old Trafford anyway.  It's been said since the day Hughes came and the lull Fergie went through combined with Sparkies success has only intensified things.

Utd are perhaps one of a handfull of clubs I can see Sparky leaving us for, the day will arrive when he does.  My choice for replacement is now already pencilled in.  Mike Newell.  But let's not start all that huh?

373455[/snapback]

The article is written by Andy Neild. I didn't particularly read the article that way to be honest although on a second reading I see what philip L means.

There's a very peculiar approach to the Rovers from the LET at the moment.

Before the recent City game all the pre match build up centered around Andy Cole. The suggested pre match bet was on a Cole hattrick.

Before the Arsenal semi it was all "Newcastle fans wouldn't need any encouragement to get up at 5 in the morning to go to Cardiff" blah blah

It's as if the sports editor (who supports Liverpool) is trying to wean locals off following Rovers and follow the big Manchester or Liverpool clubs. All his columns are geared towards Liverpool/Everton/United/City.

Who cares about them? The paper should be geared towards Rovers stuffing it up them big time.

In the meantime of course they're more than happy to take Rovers advertising money. huh.gif

It's as if the sports editor (who supports Liverpool) is trying to wean locals off following Rovers and follow the big Manchester or Liverpool clubs. All his columns are geared towards Liverpool/Everton/United/City.

Would we be talking about a certain Paul Plunkett Rev.....seems to have very little positive to say about Rovers?

OH! for the good old days of the much missed Peter White **sigh** sad.gif

Enough of the tittle tattle about the LET - we know it has gone downhill since Peter White - surely it must be possible to find a sports writer who is a Rovers fan huh.gif

For anyone interested - the bookies seem to be offering generous odds on a Rovers home win 3-1 against the home side seems generous to me. Obviuosly they are as pessimistic about our chances as some of the people on this MB biggrin.gif

Enough of the tittle tattle about the LET - we know it has gone downhill since Peter White - surely it must be possible to find a sports writer who is a Rovers fan  huh.gif

Agreed. It deserves it's own thread.

For anyone interested - the bookies seem to be offering generous odds on a Rovers home win 3-1 against the home side seems generous to me. Obviuosly they are as pessimistic about our chances as some of the people on this MB  biggrin.gif

373498[/snapback]

I'm off to the bookies to have me a bit of that. Heard a whisper that ManU will go with basically the same team as Sunday. Either way, it's good odds.

that its the crappest stand?

typical though, the stand that faces the camera will be empty and the others full-ish. :

i know its been mention a thousand times, but there is no wayi believe they cant build a strenghtened gantry on the riverside roof.

anyway, starting to buzz now, come on you super blues!!!!! tinykit.gifbiggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.