BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Foul All The Time - Ferguson

Read and enjoy

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson accused Blackburn Rovers of playing a poor brand of football in which “they foul all the time” and slammed referee Phil Dowd’s decision to send off Ferdinand.

Ferguson said: “Rio did it twice in two minutes while their centre-back Andy Todd committed about 10 fouls in the first half and was not punished."

"It says a bit about how they play. I could not honestly defend them. If you look at the stats, it was foul after foul"

On the incident which left Savage on a stretcher, Ferguson added: “Rio says he hasn’t touched him so I will just have to see the video.”

Ferguson added: “Tonight we didn’t get what we deserved. They (Blackburn) didn’t really play any football at all in the first half and they were just surviving yet they were 3-1 up.

“We equalised, then there was a schoolboy error at the back between Rio and Van der Sar and the penalty was harsh... the ball was just going straight to van der Sar and it was a soft penalty from the linesman.”

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes revealed Robbie Savage had been left with a badly gashed shin after a late challenge which earned Rio Ferdinand a red card.

Hughes said: “I have not seen it again but I thought at the time it was possibly a poor challenge.

“But thankfully Robbie is going to be okay, he has got a badly gashed shin but I think it shook him up more than anything when it happened.”

Hughes hailed hat-trick hero David Bentley, who marked his first match since making his move from Arsenal permanent with a match-winning display.

Hughes joked: “I was just saying to David he should have saved that for his contract negotiations last week and he may have made more money.

“He is a young man with a great future, he has had a great night and I hope he is going to have many more for us. He just needs games at this level because he hasn’t had that many and he is getting better all the time.

“He is doing a job for us because obviously we are missing key players up front and have done for some time, but David has gone up front with Shefki Kuqi and really had a go.”

Hughes is now targeting an even greater prize for his side as they begin to push towards the major European places. He added: “It was a fantastic night for us because we showed real desire and commitment and were very positive from start to finish.

“They were always going to throw everything at us in the last 15 minutes but we withstood that and for us to do a double over United for the first time in 75 years is a fantastic achievement and fully deserved.

“Our league form is as good as anybody’s and we have got to sustain that for the rest of the season. If we can do that we could get even greater rewards at the end

Edited by jim mk2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FERGIE GO AND SHAG GLAZERS ASS YOU STUPID RETARD NUMPTY ...RIO DIDNT TOCH SAV WTF WAS THE BLOOD ???YOU REALLY REALLY ARE A COMPLETE COCK...WHAT ABOUT THE SHEMALES OLYMPIC DIVING SHOW ALL THE WAY FROM THE ALGARVE .....GO AND MILK NISTENOSES UDDERS OR GO AND SEE ROONEYS GRAN SHES BEEN GOING SHORT SINCE SHREK GOT CAUGHT......OR GO AND PLAY THE BANJO WITH NEVILLES AND PORK A PIG........OR WHAT ABOUT 6 MINUTES AT THE END OR ALL THE OTHER ....OH BOLLUX CANT BE ARSED 4-3 YOU STUPID SORE LOSING MUCKWHIT!!

Read and enjoy

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson accused Blackburn Rovers of playing a poor brand of football in which “they foul all the time” and slammed referee Phil Dowd’s decision to send off Ferdinand.

Ferguson said: “Rio did it twice in two minutes while their centre-back Andy Todd committed about 10 fouls in the first half and was not punished."

On the incident which left Savage on a stretcher, Ferguson added: “Rio says he hasn’t touched him so I will just have to see the video.”

Ferguson added: “Tonight we didn’t get what we deserved. They (Blackburn) didn’t really play any football at all in the first half and they were just surviving yet they were 3-1 up.

“We equalised, then there was a schoolboy error at the back between Rio and Van der Sar and the penalty was harsh... the ball was just going straight to van der Sar and it was a soft penalty from the linesman.”

380847[/snapback]

"and when I got home my wine was corked, and I knew immediately how to be sour like Wenger"

FERGIE GO AND SHAG GLAZERS ASS YOU STUPID RETARD NUMPTY ...RIO DIDNT TOCH SAV WTF WAS THE BLOOD ???YOU REALLY REALLY ARE A COMPLETE COCK...WHAT ABOUT THE SHEMALES OLYMPIC DIVING SHOW ALL THE WAY FROM THE ALGARVE .....GO AND MILK NISTENOSES UDDERS OR GO AND SEE ROONEYS GRAN SHES BEEN GOING SHORT SINCE SHREK GOT CAUGHT......OR GO AND PLAY THE BANJO WITH NEVILLES AND PORK A PIG........OR WHAT ABOUT  6 MINUTES AT THE END OR ALL THE OTHER ....OH BOLLUX CANT BE ARSED 4-3 YOU STUPID SORE LOSING MUCKWHIT!!

380848[/snapback]

I nominate this for a Grooby laugh.gifrover.gifrover.giftinykit.gifthumbs-up.gif

This is a man that won't speak to the bbc. Has no common sense, hopefully the media will rip him to shreds for his pathetic and totally unjust comments.

He's just pi$$ed that we took them for 6 points!

Enjoy the carling cup final fergie, runners up in that must feel good and be a great season for you!

Firstly, Fergusons comments from the Sky Sports website:

Sir Alex Ferguson criticised Blackburn Rovers' tactics after a 4-3 defeat at Ewood Park ensured Mark Hughes did the double over his former club.

The United boss felt his team played well, despite their slapstick approach to defending which gifted Rovers a real foothold in the game.

David Bentley grabbed a hat-trick but Ferguson felt Lucas Neill's 45th minute penalty should not have been given.

"I have to say our performance was terrific," he told Sky Sports. "I thought we did really well, attacking-wise, the momentum and our passing was terrific.

"When you make mistakes at the back, it costs you. We didn't deserve what we got tonight.

"We absolutely dominated the first half and went in at 3-1. I don't think they played any football at all, they were surviving really.

"They got those breaks, it was a great free kick by Morten Gamst Pedersen but no-one was following up to defend the rebound. We're 1-0 down and don't know why but that's football, it happens many a time. We immediately equalised then a schoolboy error at the back between Rio [Ferdinand] and Edwin van der Sar put us behind again.

"I think the penalty kick was very harsh. The ball was going nowhere, straight to van der Sar, and they got a soft penalty from the linesman. At 3-1 down it was very difficult at half time and Wayne [Rooney] had a chance to make it 3-2. Then they've gone up the park and made it 4-1 but we kept going at them and didn't deserve that.

"Maybe sometimes, in these games, the fate is with you. Particularly the second goal, it's just incredible to lose a goal like that, and the penalty kick was very harsh so we had a mountain to climb.

"In fairness to the players, they kept at it with a desire to win the game. Our energy we showed was terrific but they just fouled and fouled. The game was stopped all the time. I don't know if Rio touched the player [to get sent off]. I need to see it again.

"He had two fouls - I don't know how many fouls Andy Todd made. He did a terrible tackle on Kieran Richardson in the first half and was booked in the second half. The referee has got to be strong on these things. Mark Hughes has had criticism and I couldn't defend that criticism, they're difficult to play against, and stopped the game all the time.

"The ref has got to add on six minutes' time, it could have been 26! It was ridiculous but a spectacle, seven goals, it's a United game."

OK and now, the alternative comments (strictly fictional) from Mark Hughes...just to rub it in Fergusons arse face:

Mark Hughes crticised Manchester Uniteds tactics after a 4-3 victory at Ewood Park ensured Blackburn Rovers completed the league double against the Reds.

The Rovers boss felt his team played well, despite the fact that a contentious offside decision, a defensive lapse and a lack of finishing on the night meant United were allowed back into the game.

David Bentley grabbed a hat-trick but Hughes felt it could have been more had Shefki Kuqi not been so inept in front of goal.

“I have to say our performance was terrific” he told Sky Sports. “I thought we did really well, attacking wise, the momentum and our passing was terrific. When you make mistakes at the back as Toddy did tonight, it costs you and when United pulled the game back to 4-3 I didn’t really think we deserved that, we really should have been winning by a greater margin”.

“We absolutely matched United during the first half and went in at 3-1. I don’t think they played any football at all, especially not that little poof Ronaldo. They were surviving really”.

“They got those breaks, it was a great shot by Rooney that led to their equaliser, but Saha was clearly in an offside position when it fell to him after Brad had parried. We’re at 1-1 and don’t know why but that’s football, it happens many a time. We scored again soon after following a schoolboy error between Ferdinand and Van Der Sar which put us in front again, which I might add I thought was fookin’ hilarious”.

“I think the penalty kick was nailed on. The ball was drifting into the box in a dangerous area towards Van Der Sar, and let’s face it, the ball going anywhere near him tonight was dangerous for United. At 3-1 up at half time it was all going in the right direction and Rooney had a chance to make it 3-2, but seeing as our keeper is a GOD, there was never any doubt his effort would be saved. Then we’ve gone up the park and made it 4-1 with a truly marvellous strike from Bentley, I’m sure if Rooney had scored that goal, then the media would be drooling over him right now. Even with this tremendous lead, we kept going at them and didn’t deserve it when United pulled two back. A poor mistake from Andy Todd led to their second, but I’m not going to make excuses because I’m not called Alex Ferguson am I?!”

“Maybe sometimes, in these games, the fate is with you. Particularly the second goal, I nearly ###### myself when Rio headed back over Van Der Sars head, seriously, I felt a little bit of wee come out. The penalty kick, as I said before was clear for everyone in the stadium to see apart from that arse faced arse called Alex Ferguson”.

“In fairness to the players, they kept at it with a desire to score more and humiliate United even further. Our energy we showed was terrific but they just fouled and fouled. I mean, they gave away a penalty, Ronaldo dived after he embarrasingly missed the ball completely as he shaped to shoot and Rio Ferdinand was sent off for an ugly challenge on Robbie Savage. He has been left with a huge gash on his shin, it is badly bruised and it could so easily have been worse. He (Rio) is definitely a thug and he should have been shot let alone sent off. I need to see it again.”

“He had two fouls, Andy Todd probably made the same amount. There was a tackle on Kieran Richardson in the first half and to be honest I can’t actually remember the second it was that innocuous. The referee was brilliant tonight, I just wish he had a gun to shoot Rio Ferdinand with. I’ve had criticism and I think I’ve answered that criticism, we’re difficult to play against and broke up United’s pretty boy football all the time”.

“The ref has got to add on six minutes time as that was probably the most that could be added on seeing as the game was only stopped for that amount of time. To suggest there should be more time added on suggests to me that you’re an arse called Alex Ferguson (arse). He’s ridiculous, it was a spectacle, seven goals, it’s a Rovers game.”

Edited by Brainfreeze

I think Ferguson's out burst is provoked by the fact he knows he is essentially at fault for Utd's recent form (not to take anything away from Rovers- we were awesome in the second half).

How he has, with all the money at the club, put himself in a position where he onlt has two 'proper' central midfielders, one of whom can't tackle and appears to be blind and the other a distinctly average Scot. They had absolutely no shape whatsoever. It smacks of the insane.

Plus the errors were lack of communication which shoul really have been sorted out on the training ground.

I'm looking forward to his sacking. If the side carries on like this he has to go soon. And he knows it!

What was the big difference between last night's game and the two in the cup? Answer, the result, and that is why Fergie is scum. If anything there were a lot less flashpoints than in the cup matches and I would have thought it much easier to referee. The man is truly, utterly devoid of any class.

RFW in his own little dream world talking to nurse at the asylum.

It shows how Ferguson's influence is at an all time low. Mourinho and Wenger moaned about us and the media declared open season on the Rovers. RFW has a go and the media treat it like an embarassing side show.

If that was the Mancs "best performance", it shows how good Rovers were.

Makes me laugh.

We should have won by a wider margin.

He forgets that Saha should have been offside and Andy Todd gifted them the second goal and the third goal came after a poor offside line judgment by our defence.

He also forgets that if Kuqi knew how to finish it would have been 5-3 and that Bentley could have made it 5 earlier when van Der Sar came out to no mans land.

Well deserved. We had them under control and to be honest after it became 4-3, I expected United to equalize but they didnt really test Friedel again.

Typical Ferguson sour grapes - the man cannot lose gracefully.

I really think he should get his facts right before making a complete arse of himself on TV:

Fouls and Tactics:

Fouls were pretty equal so how are we dirty and they aren't ?

Hmm, it was your team finished with 10, not ours.

Sending Off:

Rio said he didn't touch Savage and Ferguson seems to beleive him, so how does Savage have a gashed leg. Mmm, Ferdinand also said he forgot his drugs test and Ferguson swallowed that one as well - hardly a reliable source Sir Alex !

Penalty incident:

On his say, the rules are to be changed to state that players are free to handle the ball in the area if it appears it might going to one of their own team and not the opposition - idiot !

He can whinge and whine all he wants, they got what they deserved tonight - BEAT!

Also, Saha should have been given offside when he scored, no-one seemed to mention that though.

I only wish we could have held it at 4-1, just to rub salt into his wounds.

Get lost Ferguson nobody listens to you anymore anyway.

It shows how Ferguson's influence is at an all time low.

380929[/snapback]

Exactly philip.

Couldn't believe what I saw last night when that interview was on. Me and Mrs F watched it and when it has finished looked at each other and burst out laughing. If anyone had any doubts as to whether Fergie has still "got it" then that interview last night showed that he's losing the plot big time.

26 minutes laugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by bob fleming

FERGIE GO AND SHAG GLAZERS ASS YOU STUPID RETARD NUMPTY ...RIO DIDNT TOCH SAV WTF WAS THE BLOOD ???YOU REALLY REALLY ARE A COMPLETE COCK...WHAT ABOUT THE SHEMALES OLYMPIC DIVING SHOW ALL THE WAY FROM THE ALGARVE .....GO AND MILK NISTENOSES UDDERS OR GO AND SEE ROONEYS GRAN SHES BEEN GOING SHORT SINCE SHREK GOT CAUGHT......OR GO AND PLAY THE BANJO WITH NEVILLES AND PORK A PIG........OR WHAT ABOUT  6 MINUTES AT THE END OR ALL THE OTHER ....OH BOLLUX CANT BE ARSED 4-3 YOU STUPID SORE LOSING MUCKWHIT!!

380848[/snapback]

Brilliant post!

Saw this quote in the SUN

''Rio has made two fouls in a minute and gets two yellows but Andy Todd has made 10 and not even been booked. ''

Er... yeah he did.

Anyway did anyone else listen to the commentators on Sky Football First??

They are UNBELIEVABLEY BIASED towards united.

There are too many egs of this to note but the best being after Ferdinand's challenge on savage:

" The ball was there to be won " - yeah 15 yards away!!

Dissappointed also that rovers link up play between Bentley/MGP/Reid/Emerton didnt even get a mention, but when Ronaldo had one run from a pass by evra it was a flowing move...

Fergie should look at hughse who is always gratious in defeat

I hate SAF, he just cannot take losing. How can he say Rio didn't deserve to be sent off, has he seen the gash in Savage's leg. I thought we played some excellent football last night and i thought that we throughly deserved the victory.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.