Should Rovers agree to Liverpools request to move the game  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rovers agree to Liverpools request to move the game

• Yes - To Easter Sunday
    • Yes - To an evening kick off.
    • No - one change was enough.
    • No
    • Grooby Out.

Just read on the official site that Liverpool TURNED DOWN the offer of playing on Sunday 16 the first time Rovers offered it to them.

Of course they were still in the Champions League.

This is one massive exercise in Liverpool hypocrisy.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PR stinks?  Hardly.  We've upset a few fans it appears, and I'm not happy really either  cos imo if it had been a less fashionable club than Liverpool the Prem League would prob have rejected their appeal outright thereby protecting us from being put on the spot as we have been.  The Prem have been very very weak imo by not shouldering the responsibility for any decision themselves!

BUT I think overall your criticism is unfair and as far as BRFC is concerned the PR on this occasion is actually good!  Our poor reputation in the world of football was damaging enough to be discussed at full board meeting not too long ago.  MH was left in no doubt that our reputation must be restored.  He has done that exceptionally well on the pitch and I think this benevolent capitulation will have helped even more to dispel our unearned poor reputation within the footballing world outside Blackburn.  BUT TO JUSTIFY IT WE MUST NOW MAKE SURE THAT WE EXPLOIT THIS UNSELFISH  AND SPORTING DECISION FOR ALL IT IS WORTH.    GO MILK IT ROVERS! wink.gif

391472[/snapback]

Completely agree. The Premiership just left us to it rather than wanting to deal with it themselves.

Liverpool will probably still sell their part so maybe a gate of around 27,000 for this one i think

392266[/snapback]

i dunno about that mate, on easter sunday i'm guessing alot of fans will have family commitments and will not be able to attend, plus the game is on sky so that makes things 10 x worse.

I expect a very low attendance due to it being a bank holiday weekend (many people may be going away for a short break) and a school holiday (people taking kids on holiday) but mostly because it's on Sky. Being Easter Sunday, many people will have family commitments and so will consider it a blessing that the game is on Sky.

I expect a very low attendance due to it being a bank holiday weekend (many people may be going away for a short break) and a school holiday (people taking kids on holiday) but mostly because it's on Sky. Being Easter Sunday, many people will have family commitments and so will consider it a blessing that the game is on Sky.

392309[/snapback]

Don't forget the Super Sunday drinking because of the Bank Holiday. Nice weather will mean that the pubs will be full of people drinking it up watching the game

So, have Liverpool agreed not to play on the anniversary of Heysel aswell?....where they killed lots of Italians.  huh.gif

392617[/snapback]

i said same thing to the scousers at dinner today and they said thats different ...i just said oh ! blink.gif

i said same thing to the scousers at dinner today and they said thats different ...i just said oh ! blink.gif

392638[/snapback]

Their response doesn't surprise me to be honest.

Although as has been been said, you don't see Bradford, Man United, Rangers, even Juventus play on the anniversary of their tragedies. Just Liverpool huh.gif

Edited by Ronin

f me grrrrrrrrrrrrr...just found out my mate is getting wed on easter sunday grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...scouse gits im gonna give it em tomm ..

392129[/snapback]

The boy's a fool ..... tinykit.gif

392695[/snapback]

What, for being mates with Abster biggrin.gif

392638[/snapback]

Yeah, it`s different. The memories of Italians don`t count.

Thinking about it, if Liverpool got to another european cup final & it fell on the anniversary of Heysel.....would they boycott it or cause as much fuss?? huh.gif

I very much doubt it.

I hear the liverpool fans are to show a "thankyou" banner at the re-re-scheduled Ewood game. I say the BBE should show a banner in return...with a big picture of Boris Johnson on it, saying "GET OVER IT"

user posted image

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.