BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Final Curtain - Rovers V Man City

When I saw the team sheet I was worried but I think the result says wonders about the quality in depth we have in some areas of the field! Fantastic to win at home on the final day and what a season.

The last few years this has been a marvellous occasion with feelings of relief having finally finished and avoided an upset but this year it's a massive shame we won't be seeing them play again for so long!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif i thought the funniest thing about yesterday was when the citeh players threw there shirt into the crowd,one lucky lad who caught barton's threw it back at him tongue.gif  tinykit.gif

405781[/snapback]

give my city mate a lift yesterday and she, like the rest of the city fans, booed the players when they came over at the end of the game.

she was furious, with the lack of effort and passion

(not least because she bet me a 'free night out' - that city would win!) laugh.gif

the axe has a dead leg. good news as looked far more serious at the time.

When Souness left I posted a message that said Rovers were no longer to be thought of as a big club. I now humbly apologise to Hughesy and everybody on here for that comment.

It has been a wonderful effort by all concerned.

It was great to see yesterday that we were so superior to big club City even without many first team regulars. City were truly awful. The streaker was on the Riverside and was part of a group dressed as Village People. At half time they had a photo taken with 2 policemen but minus the streaker. If anyone else is going streak then do it on a warm day!!

Not the best match ever but a fitting end to a great season. Didn't realise until after the match we had won THIRTEEN out of our nineteen home games. Stupendous effort. And all that after winning about four in the whole of the previous two campaigns. laugh.gif

Thank you Mark Hughes and the coaching staff.

Sommeil was a disgrace. Spitting, diving cheating. His 417 rolls after Tugays poor challenge meant that Howard 'Quick Draw McGraw' Webb had his red card out faster than speeding paps motorbike .

405885[/snapback]

I'm sure anyone who was less than fit (i.e. from an injury) couldn't have managed those numerous high speed rolls............... which leads me to assume that Sommeil is a gentleman of dishonour................ mad.gif

I'm sure anyone who was less than fit (i.e. from an injury) couldn't have managed those numerous high speed rolls............... which leads me to assume that Sommeil is a gentleman of dishonour................ mad.gif

405920[/snapback]

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Micah Richards' actions either. He went down as if he'd been shot when Kuqi tackled him (a definite foul but also a genuine attempt to get the ball and not the man). After treatment he bounced up, trotted over to Kuqi, pushed him in the chest with both hands and then walked away with an exaggerated limp again. If he picked anyone except Kuqi the player would probably have gone down (Robbie would have, holding his face for effect) but he just bounced off Shefki's chest. as soon as the game restarted he ran off like a spring chicken...

I posted earlier that whilst I am usually nervously looking at the clock half the time to see if Rovers can force a winner or hang on for a result, I didn't expect to have to do so on Sunday with it being an end of the season game. Wrong! Just when I thought that the game was one Tugay kindly makes the final half hour much more interesting.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and as usual there were pleanty of issues to think about.

Without the 4 missing players Rovers didn't look the same team at the start. I didn't think we played too well up until the goal.

Savage is always very reliable and always puts in such a great deal of effort. For a player whose game requires so much energy he could have been forgiven for a below par game at the end of the season but this was not the case.

I am getting more impressed by Khizanishvili every time I see him. What a find.!

I thought that Emerton looked very out of sorts at the start of the game and lacking in confidence. Nothing seemed to be going right and I could see what his detractors are going on about. Therefore I was delighted with his run down the wing and the excellent cross. He seemed to get alot better after that.

Still not made my mind up about Bentley

I think Blackburn should be eternally grateful to Dickov as he was the player who could be relied upon last season to score goals. But I dont think he did enough or worried the Man City defence enough on Sunday.

However Kuqi definitely can make a contribution at Premiership level. The other forward needs to learn how to feed off his flick ons etc.

Great game. Having withdrawl symptoms already.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Micah Richards' actions either. He went down as if he'd been shot when Kuqi tackled him (a definite foul but also a genuine attempt to get the ball and not the man). After treatment he bounced up, trotted over to Kuqi, pushed him in the chest with both hands and then walked away with an exaggerated limp again. If he picked anyone except Kuqi the player would probably have gone down (Robbie would have, holding his face for effect) but he just bounced off Shefki's chest. as soon as the game restarted he ran off like a spring chicken...

405934[/snapback]

Aye, saw that. His antics were very poor to say the least (the word Platoon springs to mind) and Kuqi every right to have a go at him. At least Richards (and James) contributed to our first goal - cheers fella biggrin.gif

Anyone who has Rovers World, just watch the video of the players in the tunnel coming out for the lap of honour. The explosions and ticker tape go off and Pongolle absolutely paps his pants!!! Gotta get that on Third eye! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Dammit! Bad news sad.gif

Edit: Just clicked the link, I hadn't actually read it before I asked that, admittedly the question sounded facetious but it wasn't intended to be!

Edited by Tugay4England

A good performance by Rovers, particularly with all the players who were missing. Even with 10 men we were well in control in the 2nd half.

A special mention should go to the steward who stopped the streaker getting on the pitch. He was showing some pretty nifty footwork in blocking his runs until the cavalry arrived.

I took my 6 year old daughter for her first ever game and we were sitting at the front of the Riverside. I was expecting to be answering questions like "Which team is Blackburn" etc but not really "Why is that man showing his bottom?" She wants to come again but I think she might be a bit disappointed next time.

Just in case anyone missed it, after the final whistle & before the celeberatory lap of honour the PA system played this with player photos

Al Pacino's Inch By Inch speech from Any Given Sunday

I don't know what to say really.

Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to today.

Either we heal as a team or we are going to crumble.

Inch by inch play by play till we're finished.

We are in hell right now, gentlemen believe me and we can stay here and get the ###### kicked out of us  or we can fight our way back into the light.

We can climb out of hell.

One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.

I'm too old.

I look around and I see these young faces and I think I mean I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.

I uh.... I ###### away all my money believe it or not. I chased off anyone who has ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life things get taken from you. That's, that's part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out that life is just a game of inches.

So is football. Because in either game life or football the margin for error is so small. I mean one half step too late or to early you don't quite make it.

One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it.

the inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in ever break of the game every minute, every second.

*On this team, we fight for that inch On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.

Cause we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the ###### difference between WINNING and LOSING between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this in any fight it is the guy who is willing to die who is going to win that inch. And I know if I am going to have any life anymore it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch because that is what LIVING is.

The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes.Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen and either we heal now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys. That's all it is. Now, whattaya gonna do?

* from here, get emotional. It works.

Pretty inspired eh? Makes a big difference from the "Final Countdown."

Next year we'll have Randall P MacMurphy's seminal "at least I tried" speech from "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest."

We shall fight them on the beaches...........

Edited by colin

405934[/snapback]

rover.gif have you seen the size of kuqi he makes jordan look small tongue.gif cock off the changing room,toddy,s mantle has slipped tinykit.gif

Just in case anyone missed it, after the final whistle & before the celeberatory lap of honour the PA system played this with player photos

Al Pacino's Inch By Inch speech from Any Given Sunday

* from here, get emotional. It works.

Pretty inspired eh? Makes a big difference from the "Final Countdown."

Next year we'll have Randall P MacMurphy's seminal "at least I tried" speech from "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest."

We shall fight them on the beaches...........

406217[/snapback]

They played that at the player of the year awards as well. i had a huge lump in my throat. It's one of the most inspiring speaches I think I have ever heard. I emailed the club this morning to find out what it was from... thanks for answering the question.

So is there any chance any of us will get to download the montage in full that was played after the game and prior to the lap of honour?

406342[/snapback]

I asked about the al pachino one and it just isn't possible sad.gif still you can listen to the speech.

The one with all the goals could be recreated i spose thumbs-up.gif

Edited by modes98

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.