SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Return Of Henchoz

The Fly

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would then have Zura, Ooijer, Todd, Henchoz and the injured Nelsen. The only sensible move here would be to offer him a deal until January. A one year deal would surely be too much provided Nelsen is back in a couple of months?

It is not unusual for a top flight club to have the pick of five top flight central defenders. We are not exactly blessed with cover at full-back so that would seem to be a well-balanced set of options for Rovers.

Ooijer should be Ok but has to prove himself in the Prem, Todd is tempramentally suspect whilst Nelsen''s season is beginning in November if we are all lucky.

Definitely a positive move if Matteo goes to Leeds when Nelsen is fit again.

It is not unusual for a top flight club to have the pick of five top flight central defenders. We are not exactly blessed with cover at full-back so that would seem to be a well-balanced set of options for Rovers.

Ooijer should be Ok but has to prove himself in the Prem, Todd is tempramentally suspect whilst Nelsen''s season is beginning in November if we are all lucky.

Definitely a positive move if Matteo goes to Leeds when Nelsen is fit again.

Whilst any competition is healthy Phil I just think that 5 would be one too many when all are fit. Can you really see Todd being happy to be benched again?-If is the case that he throws another hissy fit perhaps he should have gone before the deadline.

My point is that none of the 5 will want to be dropped, and whilst it is in their contract to perform to wear the shirt, 3 good defenders will be unhappy come matchday. Don't get me wrong I think henchoz is a good defender, and I used to love him, but I just think a deal unti Jan would've been more sensible.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

I know this is in an international message board, and most people on here have an affinity with the club rather than the town, but is nobody bothered about what Henchoz said when he left last time? He basically called Blackburn a dump if I remember rightly. Now he expects the people from the dump to shell out for his luxury lifestyle again. Are we mugs or what?

I know this is in an international message board, and most people on here have an affinity with the club rather than the town, but is nobody bothered about what Henchoz said when he left last time? He basically called Blackburn a dump if I remember rightly. Now he expects the people from the dump to shell out for his luxury lifestyle again. Are we mugs or what?

Spot on :tu:

I was thinking that, i vaguley rember him saying that the weather was shat aswell

and he then moved to the tropical climates of liverpool :unsure:

Honestly I don't care whether a player likes the town or not (And this goes for my local team as well. Not that many people find Gothenburg a dump, but still) as long as he performs on the pitch and doesn't moan too much. Would I prefer it if he kept those thoughts to himself, or even better didn't have them at all? Yes I would, but it's not something that keeps me up at night.

And in regards to the actual signing: Good cover on a free, can't imagine who else we could've gotten as cover?

Edited by Lathund

Spot on :tu:

I was thinking that, i vaguley rember him saying that the weather was shat aswell

and he then moved to the tropical climates of liverpool :unsure:

to be honest i don't rate the swiss anyway. but he can defend and it's a short deal. a win win situation for us really. it's not like he's gonna replace nelsen so why worry?

Not that its a formation which I particularly like or think works in the Premiership, but the staff we currently have at the club certainly lends itself to the idea of playing a 3-5-2 formation.

We have a number of central defenders on the books now, no obvious left back, a right wing back in Brett Emerton, a couple of hard working central midfielders, plus the fact that everyone would like to see Bentley playing in a hole behind the front two...

Would really be surprised to see HUghesy implement such a formation, but you can see the logic...it may also suit Tugay's role a little better, maybe in Europe?

Edited by Darth Paul

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.