BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

ditto

I echo Jordans views on this

it was unorganised and I dont think that they were prepared for such a wholesome bunch of Rovers supporters who on the face of it were well behaved, well received, drunk or stoned, and just there to support their team (and visit the museums and RLD).

I know the locals we talked to put our small club way and above anyone else who has visited Holland in the past few years.

Think most people do 1864 especially those who have been to the Euro away games before, but still think people need to complain otherwise nothing may get done.

It can't be the first time Feyernoord have had to deal with a large group of away fans and they knew in advance how many where going so the police and respective authorities had plenty info regarding what to expect.

Unfortuantely I didn't go to this one, however if it hadn't been Rovers it could have been far more messier from what people are saying

StuWilky is probably correct saying to contact John Newsham - however it didnt' appear to do any good after the incidents inside the ground in Sofia.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A number of BRISA members were at the Feyenoord game, several of them had similar difficult experiences to those described in this thread. BRISA will be writing to the club to express fans' concern on the matters, not to complain to Rovers, but to ask the club make Feyenoord aware of the difficulties many experienced.

If you have any points you'd like us to raise please post in here.

A number of BRISA members were at the Feyenoord game, several of them had similar difficult experiences to those described in this thread. BRISA will be writing to the club to express fans' concern on the matters, not to complain to Rovers, but to ask the club make Feyenoord aware of the difficulties many experienced.

If you have any points you'd like us to raise please post in here.

Having arrived at the designated meeting point a good 3 1/2hrs before kick off, the police closed the bars and insisted we remain there until 8pm when the bus would then take us to the ground. Not a hint of trouble just bad policing and will certainly put people off following the guidelines laid down by the club in future.

We were kept penned in like animals and if you attempted to leave you’d be met with hostility and abuse.

It needs mentioning please BRISA as I’ve never experienced anything like this previously on European trips. Both Turkey and Bulgaria had just as much potential for trouble and yet things went like clock work in those two countries.

Thanks in advance.

Without wanting to disregard some of the comments made previously about the organisation for visiting fans, I would like to say that it was not all bad.

I admit that staying in Rotterdam centre made it easy to get to the pre-arranged meeting place in the Old Harbour, but the free buses to and from the ground were a great idea.....

I appreciate that others who were at the game have their own issues and I agree that they should be addressed by Feyenoord and those involved in organising our game in Rotterdam

Having arrived at the designated meeting point a good 3 1/2hrs before kick off, the police closed the bars and insisted we remain there until 8pm when the bus would then take us to the ground. Not a hint of trouble just bad policing and will certainly put people off following the guidelines laid down by the club in future.

We were kept penned in like animals and if you attempted to leave you’d be met with hostility and abuse.

It needs mentioning please BRISA as I’ve never experienced anything like this previously on European trips. Both Turkey and Bulgaria had just as much potential for trouble and yet things went like clock work in those two countries.

Thanks in advance.

As I was with gav for the majority of 3 days I have to say the above was the only downer on what was a fantastic trip.

It really doesn't make sense to me to antagonise folk by not allowing them to drink and then almost laughing in your faces when asking for an explanation as to why not?

I honestly believe Rovers fans were being treated in this manner because of the reputation England fans have.

Saying all that the highlight for me has to be Macky's (snr) rendition of no nay never in Grasshopper! (I must have spent 20quid just going toilet in that place.)

What train did you go on ?? I got the Train from Amsterdam at 7:30 whichy went straight to the Stadium and got to there 10 Mins before Kick Off

I think ours was the last train that had the fans held under armed guard (albeit in a freindly manner) at Rotterdam Central, only to be sent by train to Rotterdam Blaak, where we were frog-marched across town into a dead end and held for another 45 mins before being bussed another 20 mins to the ground.

To make matters worse, I was 4 people from the turnstiles when the gates "failed" (although I suspect what had actually happened was they'd got word from inside about the overcrowding problems and had decided to leave 100 or so fans outside to avoid further problem). Adding another 10 or 15 mins until they let us in.

It seems that all later trains were sent straight to the ground without the trip to Blaak.

(To make matters worse, I'd got on a train with BigFillBar8, only for the smurf to decide her bladder wouldn't last an hour, so we caught another one a few minutes later).

I wasnt too upset about being kept in the ground after the game as I understand the station needed to be clearered of all Dutch fans. Not having seat number was a joke, and not telling the fans what was happening at the end was a joke.

Our train left Amsterdam at 6.15 - took over an hour - stopped at every station. We had to get off at Rotterdam centre - by this time the train was full of Feyenoord fans. Nobody at Amsterdam knew anything about special football trains.

The police in Rotterdam sent us outside and told us that specials buses would take us to the ground - when we got their they have all left - another kind police man pointed us towards a tram full of dutch skin heads - no thanks!

We ended up getting a taxi to the ground - having to walk round the ground in rovers tops and still only just getting in for kick off!!!!!

But id had a beer and a smoke so I didnt care!

(my main problem was the fact no body seemed to know what was happening with the trains)

What a great weekend was had by all!

Luck seemed to be on our side as we left Amsterdam Centraal at 6.30pm and changed at Rotterdam Centraal. We were directed by a police woman to get the Rotterdam Stadion train but to get off at Rotterdam Blaak. She radioed ahead and inform the police there that we were on our way. (The only scary bit was being on the train with a bunch of Feyenoord skin heads). The police at Rotterdam Blaak then directed us towards the free buses which arrived when we did and took us to the ground. We arrived with plenty of time before kick off!

The only complaint I really have is being stuck on a bus with the drunken Rovers fans, who were doing the racist chants and also banging on the bus windows and kicking the doors all the way to the ground.

There really was no need!

The atmosphere at the ground was excellent and we all sang our hearts out, just a few individuals let the side down.

All in all we were a credit to our club!

I think ours was the last train that had the fans held under armed guard (albeit in a freindly manner) at Rotterdam Central, only to be sent by train to Rotterdam Blaak, where we were frog-marched across town into a dead end and held for another 45 mins before being bussed another 20 mins to the ground.

To make matters worse, I was 4 people from the turnstiles when the gates "failed" (although I suspect what had actually happened was they'd got word from inside about the overcrowding problems and had decided to leave 100 or so fans outside to avoid further problem). Adding another 10 or 15 mins until they let us in.

It seems that all later trains were sent straight to the ground without the trip to Blaak.

(To make matters worse, I'd got on a train with BigFillBar8, only for the smurf to decide her bladder wouldn't last an hour, so we caught another one a few minutes later).

I was on a train from Amsterdam about 6.30 - 7.00 ish and were told at Amsterdam to get off at Rotterdam Blaak where we were marched down the dead end too. Our only complaint about the organisation from Rovers was we had been told there would be special trains from Amsterdam straight to the ground but then told in Amsterdam there were no such trains!

As for the stewarding inside the ground - an absolute disgrace :angry:

We were lucky to make the match for the kick off. As other people have said, we though there were special trains so we were probably more casual going to the match with regards to leaving Amsterdam.

When asking folk in the station they had no clue about these special trains....

Atmosphere was awesome at the match.

As for Amsterdam, I was not very impressed. It seemed a bit of a dump and it attracts the scum of society.

Edited by John

we had been told there would be special trains from Amsterdam straight to the ground but then told in Amsterdam there were no such trains!

There were trains that stopped at the ground stop, and they did. There was alot of misinformation but there were trains that stopped at the ground on the way there which is what we were told and then trains straight back, which is what we were told.

I had a great experience, sorry to here of everyones problems.

Macky (SNR) in the Grasshopper, what a legend, It were one of the best songs i have heard. You don't need racist singing to have a good time for those yobs that were, all you need is the passion what that guy has. If only we had another 5000 just like him.

Macky (SNR) in the Grasshopper, what a legend, It were one of the best songs i have heard. You don't need racist singing to have a good time for those yobs that were, all you need is the passion what that guy has. If only we had another 5000 just like him.

The guy is indeed a legend if not a little embarrassing for Macky junior :lol:

Just been told by a Liverpool fan of a trip to Porto a few years back. Liverpool advised all fans to meet in a certain area to be bused to a safe drinking area near the stadium. They were taken to a large expanse of gravel on the outskirts of Porto, surrounded by police and held on the buses for 2hrs.

NEVER AGAIN :angry:

Just been told by a Liverpool fan of a trip to Porto a few years back. Liverpool advised all fans to meet in a certain area to be bused to a safe drinking area near the stadium. They were taken to a large expanse of gravel on the outskirts of Porto, surrounded by police and held on the buses for 2hrs.

NEVER AGAIN :angry:

Gav - I have heard about this before - seem to remeber something similar happened with MU fans as well the other year in Italy.

Did anyone else see that guy walking round with a plant on his head near the canal in the RLD??

Was it someone from on here????

I saw that guy far to many times I can tell you, sure he was following me <_<

I saw him the week before when I was there with England. He was doing press ups with his pplant on his head and it got kicked off by some muppet. Everyone through in a few euro's for him and he seemed ok then.

He's not the only pothead I saw out there.

Did anyone else see that guy walking round with a plant on his head near the canal in the RLD??

Yes we all saw him, he stopped us in the street and told us to watch him. He then pulled a plant out from in his coat and placed it on his head. :lol: He walked down the canal for a bit as we was cheering him on behind him. He stopped and put his hand out expecting money.

Reading some of the posts on here we seemed to get lucky as far as the trains were concerned, as we went straight to the stadium although the train home was a killer. The organisation in the ground like many have said was a shambles as my mate went to the toilet 20 minutes in and was not allowed back into the stands until half time. This was while i was gettin squashed in the bottom wondering were he was. We managed to climb up a few rows in the second half and i have got to say its one of the best 45 minutes ever due to the outstanding support. And what a song we adopted as well :P

This was a fantastic trip for all Rovers fans and the atmosphere in the ground was amazing

Anyone who went, can you spot yourself in any of these photos.

Telegraph.

Stu Wilky is in the very first one.

Looks like I'm in the background of the last one (with the BRFCS flag) as a very blurry blur.

edit: Only managed to take three pictures before my camera died, but they are here.

Edited by sleepyjack

We saw him, and just ended up calling him Jason Lee and singing "He's got a pineapple on his head"

The guys with the fisher price cameras wouldn't take "No, not with that s*** camera" for an answer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.