BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

was a real cm/fm addict in my teens & 20s up to my early 30s! but then a few years ago really struggled to get into it at all, I think mainly because they've just on way overboard in some areas of the game making it even more time consuming and even tedious than it needs to be. But I do miss it and am tempted to give fm22 a go

11 hours ago, DE. said:

Last FM I bought was FM18 and sadly don't have much time for it at the moment, but you can turn a lot of the more complicated stuff over to staff members and just focus on transfers, tactics and match days!

I think That was the last one that I bought also, but then only played it for one evening before losing interest.

Yeh I know most things can be delegated, its more the stuff like media interviews , team and staff meetings, pre/post match team meetings, [layer data analysis etc.. that i find tedious, but those things can really effect things like player moral and job security, etc... so if you delegate them and the delegated person does a poor job then it effects how the game's going i think

might give the new one a go just to take over Newcastle haha 

Sadly i've loads of spare time in the evenings to be unproductive with!🙈 especially now the nights are drawing right in and winters on our doorstep It's just whether I can fit it in between binge watching box sets

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I think That was the last one that I bought also, but then only played it for one evening before losing interest.

Yeh I know most things can be delegated, its more the stuff like media interviews , team and staff meetings, pre/post match team meetings, [layer data analysis etc.. that i find tedious, but those things can really effect things like player moral and job security, etc... so if you delegate them and the delegated person does a poor job then it effects how the game's going i think

Honestly I delegate pretty much everything to the assistant or coaches except for tactics, transfers, first team contract renewals and match day. I've never noticed any major issues as a result of doing that - only when I've changed an assistant or coach and the game didn't automatically reassign the new staff member to the previous tasks. Morale seems to mostly be affected by results, team selection and contract renewals - particularly if you piss off a team leader, but that can normally be mitigated by having a meeting with the disaffected players and picking the right options. It's not quite as straightforward as the past versions of the game, but there's no need to do any kind of deep diving into data, training, etc unless you really want to. 

Granted I am talking about FM18 here so it's possible that the newer versions have further complicated things!

• Like 1

For the first time, I tested out streaming my Xbox to phone, connecting my controller to my phone and playing it that way.

Have to admit, I was skeptical it would work at all but it worked really well. Admittedly the screen is small and that does have an impact but I am now tempted to get a phone mount for my controller (can be bought for less than £10) as the wife often watches utter crap on TV on a night. 

Anyone else regularly stream their console to a phone?

Edited by davulsukur

• Backroom

Been reading up on FM20. I had been planning to try my first ever Pentagon Challenge, but have discovered something that really piqued my interest and wondered if anyone else has done it:

Limerick FC. First job offer in the game. No players and no staff and about 25k as a budget??? Sounds like a fantastic challenge!

Also anyone ever had success with a Pentagon on here?

Well I installed fm22 a couple of weeks ago and started a game as Newcastle, but since then just haven't had time to get into it... Going to have a good go this weekend though haha As an experiment im going to set the formation and tactics up to a bog standard old school 442 (with proper wingers, a solid back 4 and a big man-little man front line) probably going to be a disaster ha 

Newcastle start with a 200mill transfer kitty but there rep doesn't seem big enough to attract the best players about.

p.s. stats for the rovers players are all pretty awful tbh, only dack looks capable of playing in the prem(but even then just as  a backup player)

23 hours ago, JPTSwindon said:

FM22 is excellent. I’ve played every version and the match engine really delivers.

I am midst getting Rovers back to where they belong.

Just managed to get promoted via the play-offs in the first season, with no signings (and I terminated most of the loan signings to get the books to balance).

4-3-3. Butterworth 26 league goals, Nyambe, Edun and Pickering stars of the show.

£25m pot to stay up. Told the players we would stay up and they were insulted!

I fear it will be a tough season ahead.

On 24/11/2021 at 22:57, JPTSwindon said:

FM22 is excellent. I’ve played every version and the match engine really delivers.

I am midst getting Rovers back to where they belong.

Just finding for me  there's waaaay to much information on the screens and the writing is so small its a struggle to read it amongst all the other noise on the screen (either that or i'm dyslexic 😅🤔)

• Backroom

I've found that, as far as information on the screens is concerned, over time you adapt to what is useful and what isn't. Eventually you just automatically ignore the stuff that isn't important and can just go straight to the parts that actually matter. Particularly when it comes to stuff like player attributes. 

• Like 1

On 15/01/2020 at 13:14, JacknOry said:

image.jpeg.344978950fb5d8fcda3ec253bdb58e36.jpeg

Thats the BBC Micro - Used to remember playing 'Elite' in its earliest format on that thing. 

I've just noticed this in the images file, this is the first computer I played football manager on back in the early 80's, unbelievably basic, but surprisingly addictive. 

download (7).jpg

download (1).png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

I've just noticed this in the images file, this is the first computer I played football manager on back in the early 80's, unbelievably basic, but surprisingly addictive. 

download (7).jpg

download (1).png

Wow. Not sure thats the same Football Manager we have today, The FM series was originally called Championship Manager, I believe. 

But yeah, early computers were so basic but still highly enjoyable as a kid. Its also the time when floppy disks, actually were floppy. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

The more basic games were the most addictive I thought. 

LMA manager in the 99 seasons was my first manager game spent days and days on it. Bought FM in the first lockdown and just couldn't get into it far too time intensive. 

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 1

• Backroom
8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Wow. Not sure thats the same Football Manager we have today, The FM series was originally called Championship Manager, I believe. 

But yeah, early computers were so basic but still highly enjoyable as a kid. Its also the time when floppy disks, actually were floppy. 

Yeah it was Champ Manager until around 2004, then there was a split between the publishing company (Eidos) and Sports Interactive. The publishing company kept producing Champ Manager for a few years using a new engine, whilst Sports Interactive renamed their game to Football Manager using the original engine and have stayed strong ever since.

anybody remember 'Ultimate soccer manager' on the pc mid 90s!?

that was a solid manager game but what made it different was the sim city type aspect that was pretty cool at the time

Also if you do a search you can easily find downloads to early versions of champ manager if you're feeling nostalgic 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished the Resident Evil 3 remake.

I have the same opinion as I had 20 years ago. It feels like they put so much effort into making RE2 special and memorable, with multiple story lines, endings and intriguing plot and locations. And then RE3 feels rushed and like a massive step back. Very linear and lacks the puzzle solving of the two that preceded it.  It is definitely the ugly sister of the first 4 numbered games.

• Moderation Lead

That’s exactly how I felt with it. 
The remake of the third one is also inferior to the remake of the second one. They cut loads out of that remake from the original.

Whereas, the second remake is very close to the original indeed.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 23:12, K-Hod said:

That’s exactly how I felt with it. 
The remake of the third one is also inferior to the remake of the second one. They cut loads out of that remake from the original.

Whereas, the second remake is very close to the original indeed.

I received RE3 for my birthday early last year and then Village for Christmas. It felt wrong not playing 3 through first.

• 4 weeks later...