BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Allardyce Resigns

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the Racing Post this morning, Souness is 7/1 favourite for Next Bolton manager. :blink:

That would be hilarious. Notlob fans hate him with a passion.

Quick visit to Trotters m.b's and now they are slagging off Fat Sam's "style" of football. It is often said that football fans are fickle - none more than that lot.

By the sounds of it they have already got their manager lined up.

That will give my successor the ideal opportunity to experience the preparation and build up of matchday in readiness of next season.

He has taken them as high as anyone can, good time to get out and watch them do a charlton. Speculation says he has got the citeh job!

The achievement of Big Sam at Bolton is immense. In the time Sam has been at Bolton, Rovers received some £40m of backing from the Walkers but Bolton have built themselves a new stadium and a solid Premiership team with no equivalent backing.

Sam pioneered the model of picking up players of ability whose careers had gone wrong and rehabilitated them making Bolton the most awkward of the awkward squad of Prem clubs to play against. Often not pretty (but Okocha was an exception) but its effectiveness could not be doubted. Training techniques and behind the scenes investments in medical equipment and other innovations in the English game marked out Sam as a very different sort of manager.

The Telegraph's commentary on the resignation has suggested the bungs enquiry was closing in. If that is the case, it is a very sad ending for a manager who was a pioneer in what he achieved at the Reebok.

Some Trotters might be having a go on the web site but Sam Allardyce is the biggest Bolton hero since Nat Lofthouse.

The Telegraph's commentary on the resignation has suggested the bungs enquiry was closing in. If that is the case, it is a very sad ending for a manager who was a pioneer in what he achieved at the Reebok.

If that's the case how come he is being linked so strongly with the Shiteh job?

Is he facing a lengthy ban from the game instead?

To be honest although Bolton are obviously close rivals to us I think there should be a lot of respect for what big sam has achieved. Pound for pound he has to be one of the most successful managers ever to grace the premiership (although Hughes does look in prime position to take over that crown) and while the style of football he installed has not always been pretty its not been as bad as some say.

Easily the English manager with the best record in the premiership still in the game (the only two who come close are Hoddle and Keegan who are now not managing).

Smaller clubs should be praised for what they achieve on tight budgets, Allerdyce with his innovative buying and progressive methods staked out a path which others, including Sparky, have followed to an extent.

If he is not too bent (major question mark at the moment) I would certtainly not be disappointed if when we lose Hughes we manage to get him in. There are few with a pedigree for consistently getting the most out of little money, a position that we will always be in unless the rumored takeover materialises in the proper proportions.

I feel sorry for Bolton fans, Allerdyce is clearly the glue that held the club together and with so many potential hell rasers (Anelka and Diouf for a start) whoever comes in is going to need to be a high quality man manager. Souness would tear that club apart- a man who can make inspirational signings for little money, but resorts all too easily to the checkbook (usually with disasterous results- Grabbi, Boumsong, Ferguson, Luque) , and too keen to force out quality players on the basis of personal disagreements. And if Sam's potentially dodgy deals disagreed with the board, the Scot also has an even more bizarre record, and many at much higher prices than Allerdyce's.

I think Jabba will re-appear as the new boss of Newcastle. City is a possibility, but there`s alot of uncertainty about who`s gonna buy them.

Love 'em or hate 'em, personally I don't hate 'em I just can't stand to watch them, big Sam has done a tremendous job there. I think it cost him the England job though, he was forced to play the way he did due to his circumstances I'm sure the FA with their miniscule knowledge of the game could not take that into account. I look forward to seeing Sam's style when he has some cash to splash.

Where has the rumour about him going to City come from? Has Pearce departed?

There is media speculation, (no more than that as far as I can see) that big Sam resigned because if Ray Ranson is successful in his takeover bid of Citeh he wants to install Allardyce as manager.

Conversely there is also speculation linking him with the Newcastle job.

Presumably something must be imminent as I can't see he would have resigned with just two games of the season to go otherwise.

I hope there heads drop and lose both of there remaining games.

Usually yes I would agree but in the interests of our aim to get into the InterToto surely we would want them to qualify outright for UEFA so they don't take the InterToto place?

The achievement of Big Sam at Bolton is immense. In the time Sam has been at Bolton, Rovers received some £40m of backing from the Walkers but Bolton have built themselves a new stadium and a solid Premiership team with no equivalent backing.

Sam pioneered the model of picking up players of ability whose careers had gone wrong and rehabilitated them making Bolton the most awkward of the awkward squad of Prem clubs to play against. Often not pretty (but Okocha was an exception) but its effectiveness could not be doubted. Training techniques and behind the scenes investments in medical equipment and other innovations in the English game marked out Sam as a very different sort of manager.

Some Trotters might be having a go on the web site but Sam Allardyce is the biggest Bolton hero since Nat Lofthouse.

I seem to rem Brian Clough was the first to do that successfully in the top divison. Completely agree with the rest though. However if Sam still covets the national job (depending on bung results) he obviously won't do it from his current position and really needs to have success at a 'big' club in order to suit the logic and stipulations required by the imbeciles at the FA.

BTW somebody once started a thread brilliantly named 'Last roll of the Allardyce' in our promotion year.... it would be quite appropriate to copy the title to this thread.

Archived