BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Has Treated The Club Worse?

Bellamy never said a bad word about the club before and after his move

However he insisted on a paltry release clause and used the club to resurect his career

McCarthy has been spouting his mouth off to anyone who will listen about his CL dream and has used the club as a stepping stone, if it hadnt have been for us he'd still be languishing in Portugal

However he hasnt spoken ill of the club, and seeme to genuinely have loved being at this club

Bellamy left for the club he supports. I dont think that was the plan when he signed for us. McCarthy on the other hand has blatantly used us as a steppingstone into the premiership and is now trying to engineer himself a move. McCarthys been worse in my opinion.

Bellamy of course, he barefaced lied about the clause in the contract. Players are always changing their mind about who they want to play for etc, thats why the McCarthy business is not as bad.

Bellamy of course, he barefaced lied about the clause in the contract. Players are always changing their mind about who they want to play for etc, thats why the McCarthy business is not as bad.

They've both been equally as bad. They've both treated the club like a piece of dog dirt on their shoe, having said that, in common with the majority of Premiership fotballers, they're just highly paid professional mercanaries, they're not supporters of the club they play for like all of us.

If I could make a distinction between the two Bellamy gave the impression he always cared about his performances in a blue and white shirt whereas McCarthy quite often did not.

However I think any Rovers supporter with any sense would be desperate to see them lining up together in Rovers shirts because for all their respective faults they're both exceptional performers in their own very different ways.

They've both been equally as bad. They've both treated the club like a piece of dog dirt on their shoe, having said that, in common with the majority of Premiership fotballers, they're just highly paid professional mercanaries, they're not supporters of the club they play for like all of us.

Personally you've summed up why i think Bellamy is worse. What McCarthy has done is just like many others as have done as 'highly paid prof mercanaries'. Bellamy on the other hand directly lied about a legal issue in his contract. I see McCarthy as going against his word, whereas Bellamy is see more as having lied under oath, if you get my meaning, (not literally obviously, but figurately speaking)

Personally you've summed up why i think Bellamy is worse. What McCarthy has done is just like many others as have done as 'highly paid prof mercanaries'. Bellamy on the other hand directly lied about a legal issue in his contract. I see McCarthy as going against his word, whereas Bellamy is see more as having lied under oath, if you get my meaning, (not literally obviously, but figurately speaking)

I take your point, but my own personal view on this is that Bellamy dodged an awkward question directly put to him. With the benefit of hindsight having suffered the Neill saga I think it could be argued he did the right thing. I certainly don't want to realise a player is uncommitted or leaving whilst the season is in full swing again. It's definitely detrimental all round.

Bellamy never said anything publically about wanting to leave BRFC, Benni also gave us all this codswallop on two separate occasions earlier in the season about his days of joining a big four club being behind him.

Both equally culpable for me. However, would I want to see them both in a Rovers shirt? - hell yeah.

In my opinion, they are neither better or worse than each other - they are footballers

They have the divine right to assume that they are sooo much better than they actually are - if anyone ever believes their own publicity (apart from Mr Blair) its a footballer.

Why the hang-up with how much we would get for McCarthy - its not like we as fans will get any of it for all the pain it puts us through.

I am pretty much done with the egocentric world that is the Premier League - its just becoming a sickening sideshow - the real bit, football itself, has got a cancer and is dying.

Let McCarthy go for £10 just to deflate his ego and then put a 50p bid in for Bellamy to do the same. <_<

One Love - BRFC

If you think these two are bad, consider Derek Dougan, centre forward who asked for a transfer on the morning of the 1960 FA Cup Final.

Did you have to remind me Jim? I had just about managed to get over that; the worst day in Rovers history!

In my opinion, they are neither better or worse than each other - they are footballers

They have the divine right to assume that they are sooo much better than they actually are - if anyone ever believes their own publicity (apart from Mr Blair) its a footballer.

Why the hang-up with how much we would get for McCarthy - its not like we as fans will get any of it for all the pain it puts us through.

I am pretty much done with the egocentric world that is the Premier League - its just becoming a sickening sideshow - the real bit, football itself, has got a cancer and is dying.

Let McCarthy go for £10 just to deflate his ego and then put a 50p bid in for Bellamy to do the same. <_<

One Love - BRFC

Yes I think you have just about captured the essence of all this very distasteful and sorry saga there PP. Although if I was forced to choose between the two miscreants, I would probably go along with Rev's argument.

Bellamy left for the club he supports. I dont think that was the plan when he signed for us. McCarthy on the other hand has blatantly used us as a steppingstone into the premiership and is now trying to engineer himself a move. McCarthys been worse in my opinion.

If that wasn't the plan then why insist on the clause in his contract. At least with McCarthy we can get maximum revenue and sell on our terms. With Bellamy we had no choice who we sold him to and for how much.

Bellamy told a bare faced lie to the fans. While McCarthy has shown some contempt for the club I prefer his approach simply because it is honest. You can't have it both ways I suppose.

Lucas Neill was probably more honest to the club and the fans than either of them yet got vilified the most.

Why are people still moaning about this? If McCarthy wants to leave, then he has finished runner-up in the Premiership goalscoring charts for us for less than Crystal Palace bought Kuqi off us. He's done well and we'll make a healthy profit. I don't blame ANY player for wanting to leave for Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea - because if I wasn't a Rovers supporter I would do exactly the same! And guess what - Benni doesn't support Rovers!

Bellamy did exactly the same, and whilst we didn't make as good a profit as we will if Benni leaves, that's our own fault for putting the clause in the contract in the first place (but it was probably a factor in persuading him to join in the first place)!

Any bad feeling toward Lucas are simply because his move was motivated purely by money - no big, successful clubs were interested and he left us for a team that are pathetic in more than one sense.

End of thread.

Why are people still moaning about this? If McCarthy wants to leave, then he has finished runner-up in the Premiership goalscoring charts for us for less than Crystal Palace bought Kuqi off us. He's done well and we'll make a healthy profit. I don't blame ANY player for wanting to leave for Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea - because if I wasn't a Rovers supporter I would do exactly the same! And guess what - Benni doesn't support Rovers!

Bellamy did exactly the same, and whilst we didn't make as good a profit as we will if Benni leaves, that's our own fault for putting the clause in the contract in the first place (but it was probably a factor in persuading him to join in the first place)!

Any bad feeling toward Lucas are simply because his move was motivated purely by money - no big, successful clubs were interested and he left us for a team that are pathetic in more than one sense.

End of thread.

Mainly due to the fact that Rover management have put a fair bit of effort into this guy and given him an opportunity to show his skills in a top league. I am not saying that he can't leave, just give us more then one friggin year of your services and maybe think of the club and supporters other then your own gains.

Who wouldn't like an opportunity to play Champions League but at least show the same amount of faith in the club and it's management as they did you.

And knock that End of Thread ###### off.

Mainly due to the fact that Rover management have put a fair bit of effort into this guy and given him an opportunity to show his skills in a top league. I am not saying that he can't leave, just give us more then one friggin year of your services and maybe think of the club and supporters other then your own gains.

Who wouldn't like an opportunity to play Champions League but at least show the same amount of faith in the club and it's management as they did you.

And knock that End of Thread ###### off.

I agree - it would be nice to think that when we get a good player, they perhaps feel like staying for more than one season.

As for that 'End Of Thread' crap - knock it off.

Ok, job done - End Of...... :blink:

Lucas Neill was probably more honest to the club and the fans than either of them yet got vilified the most.

Indeed. He indicated 12 months before his contract was up that he would be leaving AFTER he had honoured his contract leaving us to decide when it WAS BEST FOR BRFC to sell. Compare the actions of a man of honour with Bellamy and McCarthy who both appear to treat a valid contract carrying their signatures (and presumably sealed with a handshake) with the same levity as a piece of used bog roll.

What would have happened if they had proved worse than useless and the club had simply ripped up their contracts and stopped paying them after one year? There'd have been one hell of a hoo-ha and the club would have been taken through the courts and hammered.

i don't blame bellars at all for the way in which he left us. i mean....come on, he was towing the company line and keeping his gob shut and having to deny that there was a clause in his contract. even the club denied it aswell....bellars has to do what he is told and imagine the bollocking he would have got if he had of said "yes, there is definetly a clause in my contract".

benni, on the other hand was giving us mixed signals right from the off...saying that he was happy to join us when we never gave up on trying to sign him, but yet always said that he wanted to play champs league again and i think it was mentioned that we was a stepping stone to bigger and better things....by whom and in what context, i don't know.

lucas, was the worst by far, of all 3 of these lads. granted he did say 12 months before his contract ended that he was not intending to sign a new deal and wanted to leave. HOWEVER....the things that he said in the press about the fans, the club and how we never offered him a new deal put him as our public enemy number 1. something that bellars and benni have not done at any stage.

Archived