BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brum Preview

den

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would obviously like a win here but hand on heart I would rather we through the kitchen sink at Larrissa and was ok in the league. All of our normal subs and some of the good reserves should be included in this one. I also think Steve Bruce will be more interested in the league than this one and will keep out some of their 'stars'

To close to call so I will sit on the fence watching with play unfold :ph34r:

I'd be curious as to how many MH can actually make - or at least in key positions.

Axe & Tugay would make a reasonable pair in midfield - to give Savage and Dunn a rest.

Up front Roberts and Rigters would make an interesting combination.

Of more concern to me is how we rest players like Emerton (I think he looked a little jaded against Pompey - hardly surprising considering him playing most of the summer), MGP and Bentley. I would also like to see Warnock given a well deserved rest.

Here would be my "alternative" team for the Brum match :-

Friedal

Zurab Samba Ooijer Olsen

Derbyshire Axe Tugay ?

Roberts Rigters

My only question mark would be left midfield - normally it would be Peter - but I beleive he is only just coming back from injury. Maybe play Dunny there ?

What does everyone think - Personally I feel this team would have a reasonable chance of progressing in the Cup - especially keeping a strong spine to the team (especially centre defence)

I'm looking forward to Wednesday if only as an excuse to sit up in the JW central for a change for just a tenner. I'd wouldn't make massive changes as being realistic this is still the competition we are most likely to win.

If Peter was fit I'd drop MGP. However the lack of a straight replacement means I'd play him against big club. I'd play Santa and Derbs up front. If he wants to give Dunny a rest maybe Richters on the right and Bentley through the middle with Savage.

Axe & Tugay would make a reasonable pair in midfield - to give Savage and Dunn a rest.

The Axe and Tugay would be an awful pair IMO. Neither one of them ever gets anywhere near forward to support the attack. You'd end up with Tugay on the half way line and the Axe just being cumbersome further up the pitch.

Need to give the following a run out for this one - Derbs, Roberts, Zurab and Tugay. Would be good to have some decent right back cover in order to give Emerton a rest.

Quite interested to see what Hughes decides to do with the line up, bearing in mind we are away at Sunderland on Saturday.

All very well changing things around, but apart from our strike force, we hardly have decent strength in depth in my opinion. We do not have anyone who can cover the wings (natural replacements as I know we have players, like Derbs, who could play there), no back-up right back and have question marks over Tugay and the Axe. Can Tugay last the pace against Prem opposition and can he last 90 minutes, and does the Axe have sufficient quality.

Slightly concerning to see Hughes comments on UEFA cup affecting us so early on in the season..... "We don't want to really highlight it (the UEFA Cup game) because we aspire to be a club that can cope with the demands of playing in competitions on all fronts," added Hughes.

"We needed to improve, but with hindsight some of the guys that played needed to be taken out and given a rest

Need to give the following a run out for this one - Derbs, Roberts, Zurab and Tugay.

If Hughes does make changes he might want to give Peter a game ahead of MGP as well. While I agree we need to ring the changes I want to see us win this game so it's very difficult to decde on the best option. We have more chance of winning a cup competition so it might be better to experiment in the league than in the cups? While I don't want to be a doom-monger losing to Birmingham and Larissa in the next week or so would reduce the interest in our season until January. These games are more important than Sunderland so I'd take defeat on Saturday if it means progress tomorrow and against Larissa.

:rover: not going tomorrow night £10 is to much for me,hope we play a poor side and go out,the big 4 take the carling cup serious now.last season we lost to chelski and had 2 injurys after playing a full strength team :brfc:

And where is the good in losing at this stage? The big 4 take the FA Cup seriously but we still got to the semi, and very nearly the final next year. Surely the aim is to do as well as you can on every front?

I take it that if we did win, and get to the final, you wouldn't try and get a ticket because you wanted us to go out in the 3rd round?

:rover: not going tomorrow night £10 is to much for me,hope we play a poor side and go out,the big 4 take the carling cup serious now.last season we lost to chelski and had 2 injurys after playing a full strength team :brfc:

cmon £10 is not to much, the club are doing all they can to reduce the prices and credit to them, next you be wanting to get in for free

And where is the good in losing at this stage? The big 4 take the FA Cup seriously but we still got to the semi, and very nearly the final next year. Surely the aim is to do as well as you can on every front?

I take it that if we did win, and get to the final, you wouldn't try and get a ticket because you wanted us to go out in the 3rd round?

:rover: a club the size of rovers cannot afford injurys,look what happened in the last week when samba and nelsen were injured.last season we suffered injurys to players against chelski what cost points in the league,as for the final we would not sell all our tickets so i would get one anyway :brfc:

Archived