• Mokoena
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Bentley

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
speaking of luck....

for some reason, fox socer channel just stopped working for me just before halftime... screen frozen on the players on the pitch just before the restart....

frustrating...

Quit for me too came back towards the end but with no sound, saw the most of teh second half though, well from Fulhams second. Good game I thought entertainment wise. Them crocking Benni early changed us a bit, can't believe the ref did not even call a foul for that challenge.

Did not see our first, offside for Fulhams second I thought.

Bad defending and finishing. Gamst didn't stand out, positively or negatively. Whats with the scapegoating?

To be honest I thought he was crap, again. Gave the ball away often, free kciks are'nt working, crosses are crap, his passing is poor and he loses most tackles, the lad needs to spend a bit of time on the bench. Maybe he would have if we'd had Dunny and or Sav available.

Felt we deserved all 3 points for our second half display and with benni in there i think we would have.

Nelsen shouldn't have given away the pen, there was no need and Dutch's defending for the second was awful, however it was offside.

Warnock was amazing, Brad had a top game. Bentley had alot of the ball but failed to use it effectively. MGP didn't have much time on the ball. Jason Roberts was nothing short of a god today, so good at holding up the ball and beating the defenders.

Well played and fought Rovers,we deserved all three points for the effort alone.Missing our best strikers and still have the ability to score two away from home bodes well imo.Emerton and Bentley shone for me today and Brad 'MR REALIABLE AS EVER' Friedel...well, we have just come to expect nothing more.Just a word of caution to Mark Hughes and especially the Rovers money men with the January tranfer market approaching,today highlighted just how thread bare squad strength in depth is,our bench was down to the bare bones.

Nice to see Sky talking up Rovers for a change,both Dowie and Wilkins get the thumbs up from me! :tu:

WELL PLAYED ROVERS! :rover:

In the circumstances a good point.

Our first goal was miles offside but then there was nothing to chose between the pen given against Nelsen and the pen for which Bentley was given a card for simulation for.

MGP won't keep his place with Sav, Dunn and Reid back. Warnock was outstanding, Bentley lots of quality, Roberts sensational although had Benni received the ball in places Jason got them, he would have bagged a couple of goals for sure. Emerton looks really classy in central midfield with his little Ronaldo-type quick foot shuffles.

Samba and Nelsen not at their best but great to see Sambi handle the Kuqi monster in a wrestling contest near the nearside (to the cameras) touchline.

Fulham are a very decent outfit who will cause big sides plenty of problems once they get the hang of playing for 45 minutes a half.

PS is E for echo Mr E?

I am watching it. They froze the play when the ball was played to Davies and he was level, and then froze it again when Davies played it across the box, and Kamara was level with him.
Blimey! It seems that English TV must give a more accurate view than the ones you get in Norway.

Anyway lets not argue, we should have won against a poor team as we totally dominated but we aren't used to playing against the long ball system and essentially we didn't play well enough

I am watching it. They froze the play when the ball was played to Davies and he was level, and then froze it again when Davies played it across the box, and Kamara was level with him.

He was two yards behind Nelsen and Samba when the ball was played to Davies. Offside for mine as he's interfering with play.

He was two yards behind Nelsen and Samba when the ball was played to Davies. Offside for mine as he's interfering with play.

I hate that interfering rule so I agree, if it was up to me I'd give it offside too. Under the rules though you can see why it was given, van Nistelrooy used to exploit that rule to the full by deliberately standing a couple of yards offside then coming back onside when just before he was about to receive the ball.

To be honest I thought he was crap, again. Gave the ball away often, free kciks are'nt working, crosses are crap, his passing is poor and he loses most tackles, the lad needs to spend a bit of time on the bench. Maybe he would have if we'd had Dunny and or Sav available.

Wrong, i agree with everything apart from the bench.

Shove him in the reserves for a couple of weeks and give K Treacy a chance

In the circumstances a good point.

Our first goal was miles offside but then there was nothing to chose between the pen given against Nelsen and the pen for which Bentley was given a card for simulation for.

MGP won't keep his place with Sav, Dunn and Reid back. Warnock was outstanding, Bentley lots of quality, Roberts sensational although had Benni received the ball in places Jason got them, he would have bagged a couple of goals for sure. Emerton looks really classy in central midfield with his little Ronaldo-type quick foot shuffles.

Samba and Nelsen not at their best but great to see Sambi handle the Kuqi monster in a wrestling contest near the nearside (to the cameras) touchline.

Fulham are a very decent outfit who will cause big sides plenty of problems once they get the hang of playing for 45 minutes a half.

I was going to come on and give my 2 penneth however, this pretty much says what I was going too. Warnock and Emerton were outstanding today.

All things considered a point has to be pleasing. Losing Benni so early and going behind twice really tested the boys - but they came through it.

Lots of positives - Warnock, Roberts, Mokoena (YES) and Emerton.

Only negatives were Bentley's stupid stupid dive. Hopefully it will go unnoticed.

Also nice a point for me was pre-match. As the camera filmed the players in the tunnel (or whatever they have at Craven Cottage) Nelsen was engaged in conversation with our mascot asking questions and generally being a top man. So often players just stand there and don't give the mascots any consideration - Well Done Ryan.

Happy with the result especially coming back twice but if we're honest we should have tested their goalkeeper a lot more in the first half and not worry about chasing the game.

Good to see Roberts come back and battle for pretty much 90 minutes of football especially considering he probably wasn't fit enough to do so and great to see Reid get a few minutes which will help his progress easing back into the first team.

Hopefully whoever the new England manager is will keep an eye on Warnock because surely he deserves a call up ahead of Bridge. Let's hope Warnock can keep up his form going into 2008 because after todays performance then 2008 could be the year he gets picked for the England team.

Lots of positives - Warnock, Roberts, Mokoena (YES) and Emerton.

SW-Yes, brilliant in attack, great game, surely England's best left back, perhaps at fault for their second goal, think anyone could've made that first pass though it was offside.

JR- Brilliant effort, thought he would struggle, especially in the 2nd half but to his credit he remained more than a handful, well done Jase.

BE-good game for Brett, showed his qualityand fitness throughout.

But Mokoena, I cannot see how he was a positive. His passing is abysmal, was generally backwards-he does very little right. His control is terrible and looks completely out of place in what should be a top 6 midfield. He also should've been booked for a nasty looking metatarsal breaker on the left wing.

And I do like him, he's just not good enough !

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Stefanovic should've been off for two yellows (The challenge on Benni + the card he actually did get).

As shouldve been Murphy !! His tackle from behind was exactly the same as Dunny's at Old Trafford, he got nowhere near the ball. Talk about Double standards. I really am annoyed.

Archived