BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

Well this is great news. Hughes is still with us, perhaps the worry of the last few days will have loosened a few purse strings at Ewood?

On the downside we are going to have to endure weeks, probably months, of media hype about KK and the toon nation. All of which is going to be boring in the extreme.

On the upside I'm sure there will be some very entertaining matches to watch involving Newcastle and we have the delight of the continuing pantomime that is Newcastle United. I think KK is a huge mistake on Mike Ashley's part but could be proved wrong. KK admits he hasn't watched a PL game since he left City, so its going to be interesting.

Newcastle could have had their pick of the managers available to them, following that they would have had a good chance of signing some decent players, but I can't see KK having the necessary influence. He has a name but it certainly is up there with the likes of Mourhino et al.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the media myths built up around Newcastle. All last evening all you got was pictures of Geordies queuing to get tickets for last night's game. On SSN and Radio 5 they were announcing a sell-out for the match.

Last night's attendance? 35,108. Strange, that. I thought the ground held 50,000.

I love the media myths built up around Newcastle. All last evening all you got was pictures of Geordies queuing to get tickets for last night's game. On SSN and Radio 5 they were announcing a sell-out for the match.

Last night's attendance? 35,108. Strange, that. I thought the ground held 50,000.

i think its fair to say they will set out for the rest of the season..

newcastle are only a few players short of having a very good team. 3 or 4 quality players coming in, will see them challenging us , city, villa, pompey, wet ham, everton etc in that mini league below the top4

surprised so many are writing them off.

keegan is a very sharp operator - i expect him to install shearer in his backroom team within the next week, otherwise he'll always be hanging over the place like a bad smell.

If he hadnt made it so damned obvious by the smirk on his face and total refusal to say 'I'm not interested, I'm staying at Rovers' we would be loving him now like Pompey are with Harry.

I can't quite understand the Redknapp bit. He never said he didn't want the job and went to speak to Newcastle, imdicating he was interested in the job. When he saw what was on offer, he decided to stay at Pompy after being offered a rather nice pay rise. Who knows what Hughes would have done if Newcastle had come knocking?

BTW did anyone see Owen's face at the end of the Stoke game, he didn't look too happy at the Keegan appointment!!!

Didn't care who got the job, just as long as it wasn't Hughes. I can imagine Newcastle doing better under Keegan for a while with the feel good factor playing are large role. But in the end, I don't see him being their Messiah.

No, but then as that happens the mighty Shearer rides in to the rescue??? :tu: Once again Rovers are spared from losing Sparky!!

Guest fernhurstblue
I can't quite understand the Redknapp bit. He never said he didn't want the job and went to speak to Newcastle, imdicating he was interested in the job. When he saw what was on offer, he decided to stay at Pompy after being offered a rather nice pay rise. Who knows what Hughes would have done if Newcastle had come knocking?

BTW did anyone see Owen's face at the end of the Stoke game, he didn't look too happy at the Keegan appointment!!!

always fascinating to read the thoughts of such a football guru ..... :mellow:

i think its fair to say they will set out for the rest of the season..

newcastle are only a few players short of having a very good team. 3 or 4 quality players coming in, will see them challenging us , city, villa, pompey, wet ham, everton etc in that mini league below the top4

surprised so many are writing them off.

So am I Andy C and an interesting aspect in this respect - Don't know if anybody realised but at one point during the XMAS period they where above us and that was at the point that everybody thought they where having a bad season and us an very good one.

As it stands they are still not that very far off us and if we keep continuing to flatter and deceive could easily end up below them again.

Only time will tell if Keegan can re-generate so impetus into the club however, as I suspect many also do you get thefeeling that the Geordies think it is going to happen sooner rather than later.

I am pleased to see Kevin Keegan back in football. He is a charactor and you need those sorts around. I would love it, I say love it, if he did a decent job there. As I am sick of them changing manager so many times. Good luck to the man and I wonder if he'll let us have Duff back.

Was'nt Keegans first ever game as Newcastle manager against Rovers,at Ewood and we beat them 4-1 ?

Indeed it was. 3-1, a Speedie hat-trick in front of the pot-bellied Geordies who had taken an early lead. Get in.

Apparently NUFC sold 20,000 tickets in 2 hours after the Keegan announcement yesterday.

That means with a 35,000 crowd and 6,000 Stoke supporters at the game, two hours before kick-off NUFC had sold LESS HOME TICKETS than we did against Coventry.

Perhaps very ordinary toon crowds were at risk of returning had Ashley not brought KK back and that had spurred the decision. You can imagine the embarassment had they prised Hughes away and he had turned up to a gate of 15,000 at St James's with the Potters outsinging the Geordies.

We are currently ten points ahead of them. Do you expect us to 'bottle it' Keegan style (c1996)?

Not bottle it - just relaying the fact its not that long ago they where above us - and just showing how quickly it couldhapepn again if we continue in the same fashion that we have done for the last two months.

Not bottle it - just relaying the fact its not that long ago they where above us - and just showing how quickly it couldhapepn again if we continue in the same fashion that we have done for the last two months.

I thought they got to a point behind us but I don't remember them ever passing us. The lowest we have been I can remember is 10th when West Ham passed us. Might be wrong though.

I've read a lot of dirision againt KK when we should be celebrating MH and the fact he has stayed with the better team, the team he has built, the team he has brought so much success, the team that has been slated and derided and accussed of everything short of starting the Iraq war. This is a time to be proud, to be happy, to be grateful for what we have...stand up and shout for our Rovers and our Hughes' and our team he has built . Shout this weekend and every weekend we see his glorious presence on the hallowed Ewood turf! Long Live King Hughsie!

Archived