BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Press Conference Today

What a bad and from BRFC's point of view embarrassing press conference. I have still seen nothing since sunday which gives me any confidence whatsoever in the coming season. Can anybody say that he looks like a leader of men? The General that we need to give cofidence and inspire the troops?

Must say I've rarely seen anyone so nervous and out of his depth than Paul Ince at that press conference. The press must have picked up on it and will be sharpening their knives now. Even I began to feel a certain level of sympathy for him.

it lasted about a millisecond.

Can somebody not ban you?

This is a "supporters" site, so I believe you are in breach of the terms and conditions.

He is going to prove you so wrong, and I am looking forward to him doing it.

Roll on August 16th!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a bad and from BRFC's point of view embarrassing press conference. I have still seen nothing since sunday which gives me any confidence whatsoever in the coming season. Can anybody say that he looks like a leader of men? The General that we need to give cofidence and inspire the troops?

Must say I've rarely seen anyone so nervous and out of his depth than Paul Ince at that press conference. The press must have picked up on it and will be sharpening their knives now. Even I began to feel a certain level of sympathy for him.

You are seriously BORING now gumboots ............ have you no marking to do or ink pots to fill??

Is it only boring when someone bangs on about Allardyce. Do us all a favour and give the fella a chance!

Is it only boring when someone bangs on about Allardyce. Do us all a favour and give the fella a chance!

Exactly, he is hardly an eloquent speaker.

To the media he is just a northern monkey. The press have quite an affiliation with cockney wideboys

Exactly, he is hardly an eloquent speaker.

To the media he is just a northern monkey. The press have quite an affiliation with cockney wideboys

You've completely missed my point Bucky. Drog was laying into Gumboots for a few digs at Allardyce - way fewer than the digs he's having at Ince. Pot kettle Gordon. It's getting very tiresome.

Can we give him a few games before we put the boot in, I waited till we lost two back to back games 4-0 before I started a tounge in cheek (ish) Hughes out Thread that Tris and Waggy bring up to twist the knife every so often. ;)

Okay - he's here - it is a big step but I am now feeling we're moving again.

Lets get behind him and get Ewood bouncing for the start of the season. Not long to go now!

We've a strong squad and some money - or a less strong squad and a lot of money - Shopping time!

INCY WINCY, INCY WINCY, NA Na nanana!

YAWN! Change the record :angry2:

Met Paul briefly after the melee - he's a really nice friendly guy.

Mr Roversmum "I sit by the bench not far from where you'll be standing during matches"

Paul: "Oh, you'll be the one booing then" :D

Great fun down at Ewood today. Paul isn't a great talker, but he's enthusiastic and eager. Give the guy a chance.

Just watched the press conference on sky sports website, and i think i am pleased with his appointment now. I have good expectations of what he can bring to rovers.

I will admit prior to today i was very apprehensive but i am sure he will do his best for blackburn and to be honest that is all we can ask!!

Ince also gave an interview from the stands after the formal Press conference where he seemed more at ease.

He was asked if he had targeted any fixtures next season and was asked specifically about Man Ure away.

He said "West Ham away" broke into a huge grin, seemed more like his usual self, and made a comment to the effect that he'd need body armour when he went down there.

He then puffed his chest out, seemed to grow ten fold in stature and said "It doesn't faze me."

:tu:

He seemed a bit nervous..but who wouldn't be. I guess when all's said and done we can only wish him good luck and to bring the team forward.

Wow just seen the conference bits on Sky Ince looked like he was gonna burst into tears at some points (ok maybe not) but he was very uneasy. I think we have ourself a real football man who does his talking to the players and not the press. Contray to popluar opinion I think he is actually a humble guy who is eager to get into the daily routine of coaching the players where he is more comfortable.

I must be honest and say that Ince wasn't my first choice. However, having watched the press conference I thought he came across quite well despite being nervous. Although he does not appear as articulate as Souness or Hughes, he does seem genuinely enthusiastic and happy to be here. He clearly wants the job and wants to be successful and John Williams is obviously impressed.

At the very least he deserves the support of fans over the coming months irrespective of how results go. Whether he was your choice or not he is the manager of Blackburn Rovers. I want Paul Ince to do well because that means Blackburn Rovers are doing well. This is a time for the fans to be united behind the new manager and give him total support.

This guy is Raw,always has been probably always will be. What you see is what you get. Thats why I couldnt stand him at Man Utd. He never gave an inch,never gave up. Never any half measures.

Now he is on our side and "I am Lovin it." I am sure there will be handbags at dawn with some of the players.I am sure he will say the wrong things to the media, and crack the wrong jokes at the wrong time. But he is arguably more ambitious than even Hughesie and if he fulfills his potential and channels his raw enthusiasm and desire to win then we are in for some very exciting times.

And who knows, if we get into the top 5, Fergie hangs around for a few more years and Hughesie ends up in a Cul de Sac that is Citeh with a hands on Chairman, the Guvnor may even be a longshot for the job down the road.

And who knows, if we get into the top 5, Fergie hangs around for a few more years and Hughesie ends up in a Cul de Sac that is Citeh with a hands on Chairman, the Guvnor may even be a longshot for the job down the road.

Do you want him to go united? If he is doing well I want him to stay not go.

He was nervous but let's be honest, Mark Hughes wasn't the greatest orator either. Clearly, Ince is not well educated nor eloquent but his job is to communicate and motivate footballers and that job does not require ability to speak the Queen's english. As long as he has the tactical intelligence and ability to articulate with his team, everything else is irrelevant.

BTW Isn't it ironic that Shearer was being slammed by all and sundry for being a crap pundit. Something tells me that Paul Ince is no Graeme Souness either. Thank god.

Think some people are being completely unfair and picking holes. I don't necessarily enjoy some of the phrases he constantly uses.

Hughes always said, whilst it is part of the job, he does not not enjoy the media aspect. Also, the amount of times Hughes always said in his interviews 'obviously' and 'in all fairness'.

It is how he communicates to the players that really matters.

Think some people are being completely unfair and picking holes. I don't necessarily enjoy some of the phrases he constantly uses.

Hughes always said, whilst it is part of the job, he does not not enjoy the media aspect. Also, the amount of times Hughes always said in his interviews 'obviously' and 'in all fairness'.

It is how he communicates to the players that really matters.

I would also say in 99% of his interviews he uses the word 'excellent'

Just watched the full interview on skysports website.

Whilst he was nervous at the start, he grew in confidence and im sure he will soon enjoy it. It did look like there was quite a few press there too??

He also had abit of humour that we never saw in Hughes and hopefully his attitude will help rub off onto some of our other players (Samba/ Cruz/ etc) and help them decide that they want to stay.

Archived