BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

It will be interesting to see if he makes the england squad for the Germany match. Apparently Robbo has also been battling a personal battle as his 10 month old son has been very ill in hospital, but is now making a recovery. Link Here

Personally I think he should make the squad, since he recovered from his injury he has been on fire.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will be interesting to see if he makes the england squad for the Germany match. Apparently Robbo has also been battling a personal battle as his 10 month old son has been very ill in hospital, but is now making a recovery. Link Here

Personally I think he should make the squad, since he recovered from his injury he has been on fire.

I think he's nailed on to get into the squad but whether or not he will start is another matter. I still think he could've made a better attempt to stop the first goal v chelsea but overall, we've got abn absolute bargain! Keep it up, Robbo..

Looks like Robinson didn't make the squad. How much was that mistake a factor considering Clemence was there and it was so close to the Germany game.

The thing is, England have so many 'good' keepers and no great ones ala Cech.

You might as well toss a coin between James, Robinson, Carson, Hart, Kirkland and Green. Therefore, 3 of them will always feel hard done by. Guess it was Robinsons turn on this occasion.

Though with Harts injury, he might well get in.

James. Joe Hart and Scott Carson got the call ups to the squad. Not sure Carson should be there tbh.

Probably best for Robinson not be called up just yet as he needs to concentrate on improving his game. Although his shot-stopping is excellent at times he is making too many mistakes such as the first goal against Chelsea (which he may not have reached but should have tried - just sticking your arm in the air hoping the ref will blow is pathetic when it is trickling over the line) and the Sunderland opener yesterday. The problem is that despite making some great saves every match that the defense must be worried he could blunder at any time. Both the goals mentioned above were crucial and turned the game even though a Chelsea goal was inevitable. The attitude of just sticking up a hand instead all he could do to reach the ball was the most annoying aspect.

Overall however I think he is improving and will be a good signing for us for years to come.

James. Joe Hart and Scott Carson got the call ups to the squad. Not sure Carson should be there tbh.

Probably best for Robinson not be called up just yet as he needs to concentrate on improving his game. Although his shot-stopping is excellent at times he is making too many mistakes such as the first goal against Chelsea (which he may not have reached but should have tried - just sticking your arm in the air hoping the ref will blow is pathetic when it is trickling over the line) and the Sunderland opener yesterday. The problem is that despite making some great saves every match that the defense must be worried he could blunder at any time. Both the goals mentioned above were crucial and turned the game even though a Chelsea goal was inevitable. The attitude of just sticking up a hand instead all he could do to reach the ball was the most annoying aspect.

Overall however I think he is improving and will be a good signing for us for years to come.

I think he has paid the price for Rover's woeful defence.

Paul Robinson called up to the England squad. I bet when he patted that ball down to Jones for Slands 1st goal he must have thought he'd blown it! Clemence certainly did not look at all impressed. Still well done to the lad.

The truth is he did blow it somewhat but has been called up to replace the injured Joe Hart. Still well done to the lad and hopefully this will be a further step along his rehabilitation from his last days at Spurs.

I think I'd be perfectly happy if none of our players were called up for England.

Players just leave, or go seriously off the boil, as soon as they start playing for England. How does that help us?

You'll never hear me chanting 'Player X for England' any more.

In honesty he'd have more chance of being in all the time still sitting on Spurs bench than playing superbly for us.

Just the way it works.

But it doesn't work like that, as David Bentley found out. He was on the verge of being Beckham's replacement whilst with us, now he's lost his place in the squad altogether.

The 'poor little Rovers' act gets a bit tiresome sometimes, especially when it's absolutely without foundation.

Scott Carson has just had his "England moment" ... which can only move Robinson back up the pecking order at least a place.

James will be drawing his pension by the time SA 2010 kicks off - Robbo has to target nailing the No.1 spot for that tournament.

Scott Carson has just had his "England moment" ... which can only move Robinson back up the pecking order at least a place.

James will be drawing his pension by the time SA 2010 kicks off - Robbo has to target nailing the No.1 spot for that tournament.

I think if Robbo hadnt made that clanger on saturday with Ray Clemence in the stand watching, Robbo would definitely have started tonight in Berlin.

Another one, after the Croatia moment

Terry didnt help much mind.

But it doesn't work like that, as David Bentley found out. He was on the verge of being Beckham's replacement whilst with us, now he's lost his place in the squad altogether.

The 'poor little Rovers' act gets a bit tiresome sometimes, especially when it's absolutely without foundation.

Capello is obviously quite willing to look outside of the usual suspects; there's no need for any player to move in order to further his England ambitions now, so long as he is in the premiership obviously.

Capello is obviously quite willing to look outside of the usual suspects; there's no need for any player to move in order to further his England ambitions now, so long as he is in the premiership obviously.

Not true, look at the lad from Chelsea who is on loan at Wolves. It just goes to show that he is willing to give a few others a chance. Although when it comes to the big games, certain players are always certain to start regardless of form - i.e. Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney

So was Sven at the start of his tenure. Remember Chris Powell, Gavin McCann and Michael Ricketts in an England shirt?

Shame that later on he would usually only seem to look at players from the Big Four.

• 2 weeks later...

I hated Robinson before he came to Rovers, everyone was screaming to give him a chance, and where has that lead us?

He's a **** keeper and that's that. He has a few good reflex saves, but other than that he's completely useless. You don't defend a corenr kick by gluing your hands firmly to yourbody and watching the ball fly past you.

The only reason this clown hasn't been made so much fun of this season is because the defence is even worse. He's taking us where he truly belongs - in the championship.

Archived