BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

Just like the FOUR he didn't save against Coventry or Birmingham last season!

You can't say for sure that he could have saved any. He saved a penalty yesterday but was at fault for the goal. It looked like he was directing traffic flapping at the ball and trying to get back to the goal.

Give the lad a chance!

He does still have to work out a rapport with the back four, they have played with Brad for so long.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He does still have to work out a rapport with the back four, they have played with Brad for so long.

Correct, and our back 4 are hardly supporting him at the moment are they? I thought they were playing for Wolves in that game, I also don't agree that Brad would have saved 2-3 of them either, as correctly pointed out by the poster who gave the very valid Coventry and Birmingham examples !

Having watched Robinson at Northwich and Wolves I don't think it's possible to make any judgements on his displays. I think he will prove to be a decent Premier League goalkeeper but in Friedel we had an exceptional goalkeeper.

Robinson was unlucky at Northwich to be beaten by a deflected shot. At Wolves for the first goal he remained rooted to his line when the high ball came over although, in fairness, he might have expected Chris Samba to at least make an effort to challenge for a header.

The only goal that I would say he should have done better with was the second one at Wolves. He parried the ball into the danger area and straight to a Wolves player.

He has been away from first team football for a time and is clearly going to have to rebuild his confidence and possibly sharpen up on his technique. However, with time and support from the coaching staff that should happen.

Brad had the ability to achieve an outstanding level of consistency week in and week out. When he made an error he had the mental strength to put it behind him and not dwell on it. That consistency enabled the Rovers to turn draws into wins and what should have been defeats into draws. It will be interesting to see if Robinson can match that level of consistency.

i am astonished that robinson has been getting so much stick. none of the goals were his fault.

i feel positive about him.

i was very impressed with his distribution. his kicking especially could prove to be a potent weapon.

i struggle to see why some fans arent prepared to give robinson a chance ?

I never read anything into friendlies, especially not ones where only five of the starters (Robbo, Warnock, Samba, MGP, RSC) are likely to start in the opening game. Amo had a great game against Wolves, and if that's anything to go by (Which it's not, but Rovers fan are obsessed with things like it) then I'd rather all our new players have a horrible game against them ;)

What a bloody farce! BRFC's PR machine lumbers into action.

Got a timeline / wall chart through the post today with pictures of a dozen or so of BRFC's heroes over the years. Most were truly great players who served BRFC with excellence, one or two local lads too. So see if you can spot the odd one out..........

Bob Crompton

Colin Hendry

Simon Garner

Damien Duff

Paul Robinson

Ronnie Clayton

Alan Shearer

Chris Sutton

Tugay

Matt Jansen

Matt Derbyshire

Tommy Briggs

Bryan Douglas

Struggling?

Here's a clue................ Out of that list of true legends there is one hasn't even kicked a bloody ball in anger yet! :rolleyes:

They don't bloody help themselves do they?

Got a timeline / wall chart through the post today with pictures of a dozen or so of BRFC's heroes over the years. Most were truly great players who served BRFC with excellence, one or two local lads too. So see if you can spot the odd one out..........

Bob Crompton

Colin Hendry

Simon Garner

Damien Duff

Paul Robinson

Ronnie Clayton

Alan Shearer

Chris Sutton

Tugay

Matt Jansen

Matt Derbyshire

Tommy Briggs

Bryan Douglas

Struggling?

Here's a clue................ Out of that list of true legends there is one hasn't even kicked a bloody ball in anger yet! :rolleyes:

No Brad on the list? :mellow:

There's still strong feelings over BF leaving otherwise he should undoubtedly be on as the best keeper BRFC has ever had, but imo a pic of Roger Jones would have been far more appropriate in the eyes of most supporters old enough to remember.

Bob Crompton

Colin Hendry

Simon Garner

Damien Duff

Paul Robinson

Ronnie Clayton

Alan Shearer

Chris Sutton

Tugay

Matt Jansen

Matt Derbyshire

Tommy Briggs

Bryan Douglas

Struggling?

I know, you mean there wasn't a picture of Paul Ince beaming cheekily down as well?

:o

:D

Spot on about Roger Jones incidentally.

one word ######

Robinson wasnt at fault for the goal today!

I was directly behind the goal and there was no chance he could see it!

and it took a deflection! If we support PR he'll be quality! We wont gain anything

if we get on his back!

Robinson wasnt at fault for the goal today!

I was directly behind the goal and there was no chance he could see it!

and it took a deflection! If we support PR he'll be quality! We wont gain anything

if we get on his back!

Totally agree - he actually didn't have a lot to do - but is kicking was good, and his anticipation coming off his line (with one exception) was good - as was his communication with his defence. A solid start at Ewood

Bob Crompton

Colin Hendry

Simon Garner

Damien Duff

Paul Robinson

Ronnie Clayton

Alan Shearer

Chris Sutton

Tugay

Matt Jansen

Matt Derbyshire

Tommy Briggs

Bryan Douglas

Struggling?

Your missing the point about PR, when the Promo leaflet was created it was taking into account the younger market, kids etc. Paul Robinson has been a regular in Match, 442 magazines etc for some time and is a recognised brand to young football fans - few of the present crop are known as 'superstars'' outside Blackburn. And as good as Jones was and I favoured Genoe, as I grew up with him in goal, these faces mean squat to an eleven year old.

Whatever your feelings are about Robinson, from a PR point he is a selling tool. and if he reclaims the England jersey, will also be a big money earner/promo for the club.

i know some claim Paul Robinson did another mistake yesterday on artetas goal. maybe he should have stopped it, but it was a massive free-kick.

however, watching david james at pompey let that goal in from Deco, is way way worse.

On thing about Robinson, his kicks are HUGE! After years of watching Friedel struggle to get it over the half way line, it was quite exciting watching Robinson put it in to the opposition area and cause the opposition defence instant problems. A few times yesterday he did that and the Everton defence either struggled to cope or put it out for a throw, immediately giving us possession in their third.

On thing about Robinson, his kicks are HUGE! After years of watching Friedel struggle to get it over the half way line, it was quite exciting watching Robinson put it in to the opposition area and cause the opposition defence instant problems. A few times yesterday he did that and the Everton defence either struggled to cope or put it out for a throw, immediately giving us possession in their third.

Yeh definitely useful at times, as long as it isn't over used.

I remember watching him for England and thought he did it too much at times when we needed to get the ball down and work it forward.

Pretty accurate though so another weapon to our attack.

I remember watching him for England and thought he did it too much at times when we needed to get the ball down and work it forward.

Me too, although my main problem with that was he was usually aiming for Rooney and Owen. Santa Cruz and Roberts have the physical capabilities to make the most of it, as Everton found out.

That said, I still wouldn't like us to overuse it either.

Archived