BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, erm, didn't Ince publically deny any rumors of Robinson coming in last week, saying how there was no way he wants him at the club?

Looks to me like the Govna's not even being allowed in the board room. Every player he wants to keep is running out the front door, and players he does not want are being signed for him. I'm starting to feel really bad for the guy.

And, erm, didn't Ince publically deny any rumors of Robinson coming in last week, saying how there was no way he wants him at the club?

Looks to me like the Govna's not even being allowed in the board room. Every player he wants to keep is running out the front door, and players he does not want are being signed for him. I'm starting to feel really bad for the guy.

You're either very naive or veeeeeeery stupid.

I remember Robinson getting a good recepetion from the Blackburn End when we played Tottenham a couple of seasons back, probably one of the best ever given to an oppostion keeper (apart from Miklosko of course).

Does help ease the blow of losing Brad, we all know we'd have to find a replacement sooner or later and in Robbo I think we've found a good one.

You're either very naive or veeeeeeery stupid.

Same goes to you if you think Robinson is in any way Ince's signing. The only role Ince is going to play is when he gets blamed when Robinson drives us on towards the bottom spots.

No. Ince said "Why would I want Robinson when I've got Brad Friedel."

He no longer has Brad Friedel.

I never thought I would see Brad in another premiership shirt, but this transfer has softened the blow.

As a former member of the goalkeepers union I think Robinson is an excellent buy. He is the right age to take us forward. Give this guy a good back four and his confidence will bloom. Then we will all be chanting England No. 1 at Ewood this season... not heard that since Tim was between the sticks!

I predict in two years we will be fighting to keep him at Rovers!

As Robinson has also worked with the new goalie coach in Ince's backroom army, and of course away from the bright lights of the media spotlight in London, I think he'll bed in easily and get his confidence back. As mentioned by others, his transfer softens the blow of Friedel leaving. Thanks for the memories Brad, and I hope that Robinson is as every good as what Brad was.

An excellent signing representing excellent value and thats from me one of Paul Robinsons biggest critics.

I'm sure hes at the right club were he can make mistakes and grow from any mistakes he may make in a Rovers shirt rather be hammered from pillor to post at a so called big club and thus flourish to become another legendary keeper over time for the blue and whites.

My two main criticisms of Paul Robinson are when he makes certain angled saves he tends to push the ball back into open play many a time into the path of an oncoming striker for a tap-in rather than putting it out of play for a corner. The other criticism is on long range shots and his general awareness and sharpness to reacting to preventing a goal being conceded from distance. I have every confidence he can improve in both these areas to become a far greater goalkeeper than he is at this moment in time.

As a critic of Paul Robinson he has my full support and judging by the many posters on Rovers messageboards across the web he the looks like a fans favourite already.

Feeling positive again!

I believe that Robinson will be a success. He'll be out of t'spotlight oop north out of London if you know what I mean, and will be able to rebuild his confidence and get his form back in the same way as David James has at Portsmouth. Although it will be sad to see Brad go, I can say that I'd leave for double the wages, he's still a sound guy and he's probably only got 1 good season left in him. Good business all round for us. Ince may prove to be as shrewd as the new tennant at the council house with this one.

And we beat Benfica.

We must love JW! There was really no way to stop Brad. True legend and yeah, could anyone be more twin to my uncle?! Robinson is so bargain. He is still a young keeper and very high potential. Let´s hope he gets some confidence and shows his best. He has big boots to fill but let´s support him dear fellow Rovers fans. I can´t see another legend (good season and everyone keen on him) but there´s definetely great business! JW, the man with not so heavy wallet has done it again I must say. Let´s all praise him!

Mybe he needs to be at a less fashionable club, and by that I mean at a club who doesn't get in the limelight very much and lets face it we fit that bill.

David James could be an example of a keeper who has had his bad times especially at Liverpool where he was under the spotlight, at Portsmouth he is just getting along with it and then finds himself back in the England setup.

No doubt we will welcome Robinson, he will know what he has to follow but I think a fresh start will help him regain the form he showed when he was at Leeds.

Out of interest, who would have said that a Friedel-Robinson swap was a good move in April?

not many!! but i dont think thats what people are saying.

i think what people r trying to say is that brad friedel wishes to leave, that is fair enough and paul robinson is the next best thing available. great business for rovers.

i think if we had the choice, the majority would take brad, but realistically - i dont think we had that choice.

Just think how broad Robinson's shoulders will be as he walks into Brockhall for training.

He knows he was the only choice for us, and despite some hiccups, the club made it clear that they would hold out for him.

Added to that a 5-year contract; probably just the vote of confidence he needs.

As for Cerny keeping him out of the Spurs side last season: politics pure and simple. There were scores to be settled by the board and the new manager.

That probably says more about Spurs as a club than it does about Robinson.

Who was interested in Cerny at the end of the season? Certainly not Spurs.

Definitely the most insightful post on here by a mile.

100% agree with every point made.

JW has done an amazing piece of negotiation apparently (we don't know absolutely yet) to have uncoupled Bentley from the Robinson deal AND kept the price down to £3m+£0.5m if reports are true.

Robinson was a class act until 18 months ago when things fell apart which is a remakable parallel with Brad Friedel prior to his arrival with Rovers. Let's hope the rest of the story (including being the World Cup star keeper two years after joining Rovers) follows the Friedel pattern!

Huge gloves for Robinson to fill but if he gets his head back and recovers his confidence he is the only Englishman around at the moment who could fully fill them for us.

Welcome Paul.

Archived