BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sell Out At The Emirates

He's an arrogant twit who manages a club ranked as 3rd most valuable in the world and he has won nothing since 04-05 despite all the talent available to him. Maybe he should look at his own practice before he slags off our club.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Setting off for the coach shortly.

Survival kit:

Flask - check

Rug - check

Food - check

Mr Roversmum - check

See you there!

Arse here we come, the Blue and White Army is on the march :tu:

Oh, nearly forgot my zimmer frame...

Arsenal are a shocking team. I fancy us for a draw in this.

Arsneal must be dead and buried after the penalties. If we can't get something out of them now, we'll never be able to.

Arsenal may not be as good as other seasons but they are hardly shocking. Admitted they might be tired but Van Persie always seems to score against us so this is still a very, very hard fixture.

This is the one fixture I don't mind Rovers adopting 'negative' must not concede tactics as Arsenal are still the one team which if you don't let them score they get frustrated and start doing some very strange things.

Arsneal must be dead and buried after the penalties. If we can't get something out of them now, we'll never be able to.

Only you could make us favourites for this game. According to you we've failed if we don't win it. I'l be happy with a point but this sort of game will not define our season.

i have been very confident before our last 3 games and i,m confident about tomorrows, give adebayor and van persie as little time as possible and hope givet can play and put arshavin in his back pocket. and what is left of a fabregas light arsenal team ain't worth losing sleep over. full of confidence diouf and roberts to give gallas and toure hell and rovers win.

Ade - Not playing neither is Fab.. Im sure we can get something out of this game its that dutch (Please don't use that word again) van persie who scares me, remember not so long ago those goals that knocked us out of the FA in the semis.. If we stop him and Arshavin that will go a long way to getting a result.

Although the Arsenal players did look tired after their CL game..

Anyone trying to justify Arsenal as shocking are just talking through a hole from the other end.

If Adebayor is injured and Eduardo then they still have the likes of Van Persie, Vela, Walcott - all of which would walk into most sides.

Its an difficult place to go, and anything other than defeat would be a great result.

If Adebayor is injured and Eduardo then they still have the likes of Van Persie, Vela, Walcott - all of which would walk into most sides.

Adebayor is injured.

Eduardo is injured.

RvP is shattered.

Vela is young and would struggle to get in most teams yet, give it a season or 2 and he will though.

Walcott is coming back from injury and I doubt will make anywhere near 90mins.

Anyone trying to justify Arsenal as shocking are just talking through a hole from the other end.

Yet you yourself claim that they've won nothing since 2005 in spite of the apparent talent available. They are powder-puff team of chokers who have really been exposed this season. In fact they've been in a rut since blowing the title at Birmingham last year. If we get stuck into them and get men behind the ball, Arsenal's lack of a plan B could result in us coming away with a draw.

I don't think we will get beaten by more than one goal today if we do get beat.

I expect us to go there and shut up shop (like we did in the FA cup a couple of seasons ago) and hope to snatch something from a set piece. I wouldn't expect us to do anything different away at Arsenal and anyone moaning about the way we play must be in cloud cookoo land if you expect us to take the game to them.

A draw is a great result for us however a smash and grab win from a corner or throwin would be a fantastic achievement for us.

If there are injuries then what do you expect ?

We have a small squad and the back up players lack the required skills and talent.

Todays game, if Rovers can gt anything out of it, is a BONUS. Think of it like that and you wont need to worry.

ARSENAL: Almunia, Sagna, Toure ©, Nasri, Walcott, Denilson, Song, Djourou, Clichy, Arshavin, Bendtner.

Subs: Fabianski (GK), Diaby, Gallas, van Persie, Vela, Eboue, Gibbs.

ROVERS: Robinson, Simpson, Ooijer, Samba, Givet, Khizanishvili, Mokoena, Warnock ©, Diouf, Roberts, Pedersen.

Subs: Bunn (GK), Tugay, Dunn, McCarthy, Andrews, Treacy, Olsson

From the official site..

Simpson-Ooijer-Samba-Givet

Khizanishvili

Mokoena-Warnock

? :blink: Has to be one of the worst centre midfield trios in Premier League history.. atleast on paper.

i take it simpson is on the right of midfield

ooijer khiz samba givet

simpson moko warnock peds

diouff

bobo

Official site says differently;

"Missing this afternoon is Rovers' captain Ryan Nelsen who picked up a thigh strain in the win at Craven Cottage. His place in the centre of defence is expected to be taken by Andre Ooijer, with Danny Simpson coming in at right back.

The other two changes come into midfield with Keith Andrews and Tugay dropping to the bench. Replacing them are Zurab Khizanishvili and Aaron Mokoena who make their first league starts under Sam Allardyce."

according to the rovers site Simpson is at right back with ooijer going to centre half.

that puts Khiz at centre mid....

we're screwed.

unless we're going for a 5-4-1

Simpson-Khiz-Samba-Ooijer-Givet

Diouf-Mokoena-Warnock-Pedersen

Roberts....

thats all i can think of maybe.

i think sam probably thinks khiz has better footballing skills than andrews and we need people who can control the ball and keep it away for this game.

andrews will be just playing monkey in the middle for the arsenal passing style so i think that is why he is not passing.

moko is probably there for the physical presence and bullying around teh arsenal kids...

Archived