BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sell Out At The Emirates

eduardo out is a boost, but as mentioned their remaining strikers still have great scoring records against us plus theo is back so givet will be busy. Never know which team is gonna show up tho as arsenal have been so inconsistant this year, I and most rovers fans I imagine would be delighted to even get a draw here!

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: the win on wed makes this game a lot easier than if we had lost,can sam play his wonderfull football at the emirates and get a result,i would take a low scoring defeat now,unlike most i think we are still in the mire with 4 tough fixtures on the horizon :brfcsmilie:

:rover: the win on wed makes this game a lot easier than if we had lost,can sam play his wonderfull football at the emirates and get a result,i would take a low scoring defeat now,unlike most i think we are still in the mire with 4 tough fixtures on the horizon :brfcsmilie:

Gaz, like you I had my doubts about Allardyce. I soon realise that I need to put my dislike for him to one side and get behind the team as its the team I support, not the manager.

I went to Fulham on wednesday and some of the second half football was fantastic. Yeh, some of the first half stuff wasnt too good, but he is allowing flair players to play with flair, and that can only be good for results.

We have sold out tomorrow. To me, that shows that something is being done right.

7 points from the last three games, with two away wins is very very good form.

Arsenal always seem to save their best performance at home for when we arrive in town (or have in recent seasons).

Wednesdays win was a boost , but i'm with Waggy and think we are still in the mire but as long as we make our home games count we should be ok.

Anything here will be a bonus but I doubt it due to our inabaility to string two continuous performances together.

Arse are back to winning and scoring ways.

Apparently the Arsenal players didn't get back from Rome until 7am Thursday, presumably our lot have had their feet up in a hotel for a couple of days. That could make all the difference, if Warnock, Roberts, diouf and gamst can play with the energy levels of wednesday we've got a great shout.

Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz will again be missing with a knee injury.

Defender Gael Givet (knee) is also doubtful while Rovers will look at whether winger Morten Gamst Pedersen (rib) and Vince Grella (groin) are fit. Oh dear!!!

We could really do with Givet & Pedersen being fit.

I think Arsenal are on of those teams who tend to have a really good result then dissapoint in the next game. After qualifying for the quarter finals of the CL they might think they can push us aside, and hopefully our lads can show we are no pushovers!

Shut up shop, grind out a 0-0. The "fans" at the Emirates seem to get on Arsenals back if they don't score on every other trip down field. Frustrate the fans and perhaps if they start their moaning and groaning we can nick a result. I live in hope.

Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz will again be missing with a knee injury.

Roque's previous injury problems at Munich are well documented and I think that he is a top drawer centre forward. However, apart from last season he doesn't seem to recover from injury that quick whereas certain other players do.

I can't help thinking that City and other admirers may not be so forthcoming next season with bids of £20M.

However, apart from last season he doesn't seem to recover from injury that quick whereas certain other players do.

Because you know exactly what injury he has now, and exactly how fast other players recover from that specific injury? Just "knee injury" is extremely vague, it can be anything from career-ending to a bruised knee requiring a couple of days rest. Even more specific injuries, such as an ACL injury, can vary a lot depending on whether it's strained, partially torn, completely torn or whatever.

They were poor midweek and didn't really look like scoring. Hardly difficult scoring 3 past dingles and baggies.

As I said they normally save their best performance and we more often than not we seem so willing to let it happen - we have played them before after a European game with dire consequences.

By all accounts we where not that much better either first half against Fulham.

Question is can we put two performances together in a row?

Because you know exactly what injury he has now, and exactly how fast other players recover from that specific injury? Just "knee injury" is extremely vague, it can be anything from career-ending to a bruised knee requiring a couple of days rest. Even more specific injuries, such as an ACL injury, can vary a lot depending on whether it's strained, partially torn, completely torn or whatever.

Roques knee is swollen,inflamed.Since a few weeks ago he was playing with injections..according to the doctors he will be out for one to three weeks.(sorry for my English)

Waggy and CK, I dont think any Rovers supporters think that we are home and dry because we have taken 7 points out of the last 3 games, nor do I suspect any Rovers supporter thinks we are clear of the drop.

Fact is we are not.

Got to agree that the point about Sam Allardyce is that he plays the ugly stuff and allows the team to play football, lie he said, the talent he has at his disposal is far better than he ever had at Bolton. At Fulham we played some good football and with Rovers that comes down to having the confidence.

Tomorrow game is not a winner takes all scenario becasue no matter what happens elsewhere we wont be back in the bottom 3 at the end of the weekend games.

Thats a big positive for Rovers because recently, when we have taken ourselves out of the zone we have immediately gone back into it with other results going against us.

Spurs and Wham have had massive injury set backs and are coming to Ewood for a hard game. I dont see Rovers losing either of the games.

Since our last preview or summary of how the games should pan out we now find Rovers "ahead" of what we expected to have in terms of points in the bag.

For me

Bonus points - Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool

Must win - Spurs, Pompy, WBA, Wham and Wigan

Must not lose - Stoke (and add the home games)

Waggy still misses Ince lol. Anyway ill be happy with a draw and think we look so well organised right now. The fans need to appreciate the fact, that we have somebody like Allardyce on our side. Arsenal will be tough, but also tired and we need to take advantage of it. 0-0 draw me thinks, but we could sneak it 1-0 with a late goal by Benni.

Tomorrow game is not a winner takes all scenario becasue no matter what happens elsewhere we wont be back in the bottom 3 at the end of the weekend games.

Not true - if we lose and Stoke, Newcastle and Portsmouth all win we will be back in 18th place.

i have been very confident before our last 3 games and i,m confident about tomorrows, give adebayor and van persie as little time as possible and hope givet can play and put arshavin in his back pocket. and what is left of a fabregas light arsenal team ain't worth losing sleep over. full of confidence diouf and roberts to give gallas and toure hell and rovers win.

Anything other than a comprehensie defeat is going to be a bonus.

A point would be fabulous.

A clean sheet would be miraculous.

A win would be unbelievable.

Sadly, I cant see anything other than a defeat :blink:

my thoughts exactly.

anything that might come our way, i would call a bonus.

We have done well to claim 7 points from out last 3 games and as such if we don't get anything tomorrow, it won't be the end of the world. However Big Sam always did well against Arsenal when he was at Bolton and saw that by getting stuck into Arsenal and closing them down quickly, you get stop them. Arsenal will be tired from mid-week and we should try and take advantage of this. Arsenal should win, but a draw is possible.

Archived