BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a fantastic weekend in Barcodeland I took int he Sunderland v City game with a freebie in the City end. Oh how those once cheery manks have changed because of their financial status.

I have to say that some of their fans are the most onnoxious clowns I have ever met and today, it was never more evident when you see the miss of the decade by Tevez on tv tonight. Some of them are complete tools and I hope they dont get the rewards that their expenditure should really bring them in the future.

I scoffed at them in the pub pre match as they go on about winning the league this year, how their neighbours are in debt and how they will replave madrid and Barca as the big wigs in footballs top table.

Man City today struggled against a very poor sunderland team and todays game will show the lesser teams exactly how to play against them.

City play 4-5-1 with Tevez the sole striker. The midfield is an expensive assembly of high wage earners who certainly can do the graft but who also fade away when the going becomes tough.

Anyhow, I hope the Rovers representatives noted how to beat City. I dont think they are unbeatable and Rovers owe them. I just hope we can employ the same tactics as Sunderland did - BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME.

City are going about things totally the wrong way round imo.

They have a poor manager at the top and underneath are assembling a jumbled assortment of undoubtedly very talented players but without any apparent plan of where they're all going to fit in.

Should have got Mourinho or Hiddink in and gone from there. Is Brian Kidd stil no 2?

You're bang on 1864.

Citeh fans were always a laugh, 'typical citeh' fatalism.

Since the money has come in they think they are a European super club- they've won f*** all for decades.

At CoM last season their fans were chanting to us 'you've had your day out now f*** off home'

Pardon? Who the feckin hell are you lot!

Sam must have been briefly considered surely? Not many options around these days.

Well he only has to put the word out that he is unhappy at Rovers to few journo's and voila he is in the betting odds.

Villa dont play football a million miles from ours, there bonus is that they have fast players to help the lone striker get help, our bonus is we have the height and strength and the tactics to win free kicks in the right areas ( anybody notice how well EHD is playing now he is not loitering around the half way line with ball trying to win free kicks and is actually challenging the full back)

If Sam wanted the Villa job im sure his name would have bounced around a bit and I dont believe it has, if he did go he could make them a very decent team with the current crop of players they have, but I fully expect him to be here in Jan rubbing his hands together.

Cant blame the guy for being a bit miffed though, every target he has had as been squashed, gotta be frustrating.

Just over 18,000 on the Breezeblock today....we're not doing too bad are we at Ewood.I think the hard financial times are hitting home for most clubs.

For a match live on TV our's was a very good attendance figure indeed.

Where is Iniesta playing? Is he up front in a three?

Good to see you gave it a full 20 before commenting. If anything yesterday I would have said Ineista played all over the pitch, same for Messi as well. He was hardly up front ala Villa (who drifted to the inside left position, to create space for Messi) and he was hardly charging down the wing either or spearheading the attack. He was back well in own half on many an occasion helping out, Iniesta plays where the space is as do all the barca players and where he is needed.

Its a fluid formation ala United with Rooney, Tevez & Ronaldo. You couldn't put a specific position on those three and you can't with Barca either, that's why the system works so well.

Good to see you gave it a full 20 before commenting. If anything yesterday I would have said Ineista played all over the pitch, same for Messi as well. He was hardly up front ala Villa (who drifted to the inside left position, to create space for Messi) and he was hardly charging down the wing either or spearheading the attack. He was back well in own half on many an occasion helping out, Iniesta plays where the space is as do all the barca players and where he is needed.

Its a fluid formation ala United with Rooney, Tevez & Ronaldo. You couldn't put a specific position on those three and you can't with Barca either, that's why the system works so well.

I was giving you time to come and mention it, good to see you waited a good 12+ hours

Archived