BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] League Cup - Gillingham Away 25/08/09

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was Reid injured?

Unless Kalinic was injured I dont see why Sam would take him off.

AS someone has already said he had been booked. Probably Sam being cautious and not wanting to risk him getting booked again and suspended for Saturday.

Yeah, what are we playing at? We should be slagging him off even though he's yet to play a full game for us. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying slag him off for the sake of it but you cant blame me for not being over positive. I just react on what I see and hear and I havent seen anything as of yet to go crazy about. Like I said before I hope he does become a success but due to his price tag he will have to learn to take criticism if he deserves it and unfortunately so far he does deserve some criticism

Rovers winning, Burnley losing - what more can you want. Give the man a chance. He has no training during close season and is still young and inexperienced. How many laughed at Folan when at man U - no look at him.

Forlan was crap at utd, took him 2 or 3 seasons to become a good player, we haven't got that long. You would think he might look a little good against Gillingham

"If Nicola Kalinic is worth £6m, I'm worth £5.5. What an awful signing."

on bbc website, oh dear

Rovers winning, Burnley losing - what more can you want. Give the man a chance. He has no training during close season and is still young and inexperienced. How many laughed at Folan when at man U - no look at him.

It took Forlan 27 games to score his first goal for UTD and his goal scoring ratio for them was 1 in 6. You cant exactly blame them for getting rid of him at the time.

Elrio just came on for Dunny.

Sounds like David will be a starter versus wham on Saturday.

We want west ham to score now and take that game to extra time - whu be knackered for sat - well I can hope can I not.

Guest Kamy100
Forlan was crap at utd, took him 2 or 3 seasons to become a good player, we haven't got that long. You would think he might look a little good against Gillingham

on bbc website, oh dear

I cannot believe that people are writing him off after a game and a half, I hope all of these people are ready to eat humble pie WHEN he comes good. From all accounts he played fairly well tonight, I am sure that once he gets his first goal he will go from strength to strength.

It took Forlan 27 games to score his first goal for UTD and his goal scoring ratio for them was 1 in 6. You cant exactly blame them for getting rid of him at the time.

Out of curiosity, How old was folan when at Man U?

Utd with there money could have waited for awhile.

Rovers with regards to Ince could not do so.

I'm not saying slag him off for the sake of it but you cant blame me for not being over positive. I just react on what I see and hear and I havent seen anything as of yet to go crazy about. Like I said before I hope he does become a success but due to his price tag he will have to learn to take criticism if he deserves it and unfortunately so far he does deserve some criticism

JESUS H MUTHA OF CHRIST FFS GIVE THE LAD A FRIGGING CHANCE FOR GOD SAKE....POSTS LIKE THIS MAKE ME WANT TO CHUCK!!!!

throwup.gif

So you feel more inclined to write him off because we paid a sizeable fee to bring him here?

There's logic for you. I suppose that would be the Andrews anti-thesis?

Hang on a second I haven't written him off Ive just said from what Ive seen so far Ive not been impressed which I have every right to say. And yes if you do pay a sizeable fee for someone they should be scruitinized alot more. We are a small premiership club for whom 6 million is a huge sum of money and we have every right to voice our opinions over a signing for that amount of money. I hope it works out for him and he starts to bang them in but I just he hopes sooner rather than later

I cannot believe that people are writing him off after a game and a half, I hope all of these people are ready to eat humble pie WHEN he comes good. From all accounts he played fairly well tonight, I am sure that once he gets his first goal he will go from strength to strength.

From what I heard he was getting knockedoff the ball too easily but he is young and can always build himself up - English football is very physical and with no preseason behind him it is going to be tough...still he laid on the goal for Duny and I think we should judge him on what he has done after 5-6 full games and not the odds and sods he has played in so far.

Give him a few more games and Im sure he will come good!

Out of curiosity, How old was folan when at Man U?

Utd with there money could have waited for awhile.

Rovers with regards to Ince could not do so.

UTD could have waited for a while with their money? How wrong are you sonny jim. A club like UTD are expected to win trophies every season and your not going to do that if your front man cant score so it needs to be rectified asap.

on bbc website, oh dear

Never known the BBC to be so interested in an individual Rovers player before. Maybe they're getting their own back on Sam.

Archived