BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Hull

Shabani

Afer an horrendous 24 hrs in Torquay decided to take it easy today and watch the game on the net/listen to the radio.

It most definately is 2 points lost.

You simply have to score from the chances you make in away games.

Ok we didnt lose and a point isnt to be sniffed at in an away game but we could have found ourselves so much better off.

Kalinic should have buried one of the 5 chances he had.

Andrews shouldnt be allowed to tale a free kick near the goal such was the poor effort he produced in the 88th minute when delivery is required.

Roberts cannot even trap a ball from a throw in.

Anyhow, still suffering from road tiredness so gonna have a ruby and a few ales whilst watching Barca.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I thought Kalinic was a high point, sure he could have bagged a couple but did everything right and on another day those would have gone in.

Di Santo has to be dropped for him in midweek.

Thought we were pretty good again today apart from finishing. Losing Grella was a blow as we suddenly stopped passing through the middle. Kalinic is doing everything right apart from putting it in the back of the net.

Hoilett is very encouraging down the left, gives us something different.

Happy enough, we should have won although hull had a couple of extremely good chances.

Id start Kalinic in mid-week.

With Dunn back, Id consider playing him instead of the injured Grella too.

Cant get over the dropped points today. Add to that the recent dropped points at home to Stoke, and you could say we wouldve been comfortably top half right now, instead of just 3 points off 17th.

Big winners of the day, Wolves and Birmingham.

Yes, results around us today make this result worst. Fulham, Sunderland and Stoke all dropped 2 points today. A win today would of given us good ground to catch up to the clubs chasing 7/8th spot.

• Backroom

At least we are 5 points above the relegation zone, I think this season is going to boil down to the cups and a boring mid table battle.

The sad thing is we play Brum on Tuesday who are poor but I just can't see us going there and winning :(

Guest Kamy100

At least we are 5 points above the relegation zone, I think this season is going to boil down to the cups and a boring mid table battle.

The sad thing is we play Brum on Tuesday who are poor but I just can't see us going there and winning :(

Birmingham are not a poor side, particularly at home. They have pace and power up front and will cause us plenty of problems.

• Backroom

Birmingham are not a poor side, particularly at home. They have pace and power up front and will cause us plenty of problems.

A sad indication of where we are if we fear teams like Birmingham imo.

Oh stop being so ridiculous. No one said we fear Birmingham. The away performances are improving, points are being picked up and the home form is as good as ever. It's called progress, I can't remember the last time we were keeping clean sheets as frequently as we currently at.

Think it's beautifully ironic how we've stopped scoring since changing to 4-4-2.

Guest Kamy100

A sad indication of where we are if we fear teams like Birmingham imo.

I did not say that we should fear Birmingham, just stated that they will cause us problems with their pace and power up front.

We are more than capable of going there and winning, the positive from today and to some extent the first half against Fulham we are creating chances away from home, they are falling to the right people (our strikers) but they keep missing them, we must start to take our chances.

Today the point was fair as Hull also had a couple of great chances.

This is a big week for the team, 7 points would be superb but if we can get 5 that will set us up nicely for the Christmas programme.

• Backroom

Oh stop being so ridiculous. No one said we fear Birmingham. The away performances are improving, points are being picked up and the home form is as good as ever. It's called progress, I can't remember the last time we were keeping clean sheets as frequently as we currently at.

Think it's beautifully ironic how we've stopped scoring since changing to 4-4-2.

You say the away performances are improving but its a lack of any sort of consistency which hurts us, we were great at Bolton then by all accounts awful in the second half v Fulham and limp today.

Edit: Its each to their own and everyone has their own expectations for the club, personally I would like to think we can go to places like Hull and come away with 3 points, because of that todays result is poor and my views may be clouded by disappointment

• Backroom

The positive to a point is that we didn't lose, and it was away from home. It's not so much the point that annoys me as another 0-0 ... i'm genuinely worried as to where our goals are coming from when Dunn is out of the team. Di Santo and Kalinic aren't taking their chances at the moment and neither Benni or Roberts are prolific. On the plus side, it at least shows a strong defence.

Decent performance- at least we tried to keep it on the ground..(first half at least)..We were obviosuly the better of the two teams but they did have a some fanatastic chances too..

Grella- awful..perhaps we at least try to pass it when he's on, but the guy slows down every attack, cannot pick out a pass and always chooses the wrong option- plus, he's a crock.

Emerton played well in the first half i felt, as did N'Zonzi and Benni... Second half was fairly scrappy but our defence is looking rather good again which is a plus point...shame neither Franco or Kalanic know how to finish...worrying..

But who cares...I'm in..'all about the cup mode' at present

Archived