BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Hull

Shabani

there was a guy sitting a few rows infront of me today that kept starting the Owen Coyle chant. Cant say ive heard it before, and I know i dont want to hear it again. Gives the club, and passionate fans a bad name. Apart from this I thought we were well supported today.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a Hull fan who has commented on the chanting from Rovers fans...I was not there so can't say..he reckoned that all the Rovers fans sang about was Dingles shagging their Sisters and the Hull fans doing likewise...Oh and the one about Coyle has started recently..if it's the one about him and Asians...

There seemed quite a few idiots there today and the chanting at times was disgusting and I'm no prude.

In general every player played much as they have been doing. Hull battled well and played a bit of football in an end to end even game played at break neck speed. Both teams played better than they have been doing.

Rovers benefitted from Dioufs relegation to the bench, Hoilett far more effective and direct though he faded. His best game by far. Robinson pulled off 2 world class saves, one following poor refeering towards Di Santo who was fouled. The defence was excellent, chimbonda always there to help out Samba and Nelsen. Nzonzi gets better , and fitter. Di Santo had a great game creating chances for others and holding the ball up well. Benni had a great game and was bright and creative. Emerton gave a lot a wayward passes and givet struggled at times.

Grella I thought sat deep and allowed Hull to advance to easily. Andrews introduction stopped that. He pressed the ball and in the second half all Hulls attacks were ineffective. Grella is more suited to Italian Football. He limped off injured having had a reasonable game. Marny and Boatang being allowed to boss the midfield.

Kalinic isnt a great worker. Nor a finisher as he missed three opportunities. He seemed uanble to cope with his 3 left feet. Gangly and unbalanced always. Roberts heart was nit I. It as 4th choice striker. His 30 minutes passed by without much consequence, rather he buffooned himself a couple of times.

Robo 9

chimb 7

Admiral 7

Samba 8

Givet 6

Grella 6 Andrews 7

NZonzi 8

Emerton 5

Hoillet 6

di Santo 7, Roberts 2

Benni 7, kalinic 4

Roberts replaced Di Santo after 76 mins

I could agree that Nelsen was outstanding and his distribution was much better. 8 instead of 7 is acceptable. Samba was a 7, never put a foot wrong, great tackles, clean sheet, a 7. Grella I gave 6 but he could have been 5.5.

When Andrews came on we defended better because we pressed the ball. Attack being the best form of defence. With Grella sitting we allowed Hull to press more and their best chances all came in the first half. I am not an Andrews fan or a Sav fan but I prefer a pressing midfielder, attacking the ball and the man in possession, than sat back and waiting to stop the final ball. Against Hull Andrews was not only on top of his man just but he found himself as a by product in good positions and trying to play good positive passing in the final third and Rovers bay chances all came in the second.

We were perhaps overall better in the first because Benni and Di Santo were a far better combo than Roberts and Kalinic. Kalinic got in good positions and I have mixed views. He is. Not a worker but he is not lazy. He had some good touches but then it ran away from him. He got in good positions but lacked clinical composure.

Guest Kamy100

There are mindless idiots who follow every club, unfortunately ours seem to be going to away games and starting this chant. Huge shame because eventually the media will pick up on it and then it'll be back to Rovers fans are racists etc. I am planning on going to the Wigan game with my cousin, we are both Asian, if the chant starts up then it'd be hugely uncomfortable, but then again I have no problems whatsoever in going to the stewards and pointing out the culprits.

Kalinic isnt a great worker. Nor a finisher as he missed three opportunities. He seemed uanble to cope with his 3 left feet. Gangly and unbalanced always.

I'm gonna disagree about Kalinic, I'm pretty excited about this kid. He shows good movement and I think with some games uder his belt he is going to be a real scorer, he needs games he reads the forward line well I think.

The chanting wasn't helped by the fact that the lads who were mainly starting it were let in in the first place. There was a group of them dressed up as Santa's (not all the Santas I should point out) who were singing said song as they walked up to the turnstiles. I know there were people in other stands who could hear it, so if it carries on gaining momentum as it seems to be doing it won't be too long before you'll be able to hear it on the telly :wacko:

Samba was a 7, never put a foot wrong, great tackles, clean sheet, a 7.

This is primarily where we disagree. Samba has been excellent for us but yesterday every time he touched the ball he just wellied a la Peter Kay to no one in particular. Now there are always a few times when a central defender needs to do that but not nearly every time you get the ball.

The chanting wasn't helped by the fact that the lads who were mainly starting it were let in in the first place. There was a group of them dressed up as Santa's (not all the Santas I should point out) who were singing said song as they walked up to the turnstiles. I know there were people in other stands who could hear it, so if it carries on gaining momentum as it seems to be doing it won't be too long before you'll be able to hear it on the telly :wacko:

There was a gang of 6 who came in right on kick-off (not in Sana costumes). They sat in the row right in front of us and it was clear they were going to stand up and sing all game if allowed. Given I was with my son who had just finished a run of early morning shifts and was pretty knackered and there was also a couple with a little lad who would have seen nothing if they stayed stood up, I asked them to swap with us. This they did no problem. They then proceeded to lead a lot of chants including the really offensive one. So I know which seats they had and am weighing up whether to talk to the club. The main problem is that I couldn't specifically identify any individual.

Andrews shouldnt be allowed to tale a free kick near the goal such was the poor effort he produced in the 88th minute when delivery is required.

I take it you didn't see McCarthy's effort early on in the first half, Hoilett was fouled and McCarthy wasted a chance, if we'd taken our chances before we wouldn't need to rely on Andrews delivery in the 88th minute, I'm sure you wouldn't have said that if Emerton had taken it. Some people behind me were slagging him off, goes to show how much they know, when one shouted f*** off Walton to the referee, I had great pleasure in saying that referee is Chris Foy.

There was a gang of 6 who came in right on kick-off (not in Sana costumes). They sat in the row right in front of us and it was clear they were going to stand up and sing all game if allowed. Given I was with my son who had just finished a run of early morning shifts and was pretty knackered and there was also a couple with a little lad who would have seen nothing if they stayed stood up, I asked them to swap with us. This they did no problem. They then proceeded to lead a lot of chants including the really offensive one. So I know which seats they had and am weighing up whether to talk to the club. The main problem is that I couldn't specifically identify any individual.

Honestly, I think you should do this. It's no good people complaining on a messageboard in general terms, nothing will get done about it. If you can point out the 6 seats they were in or supposed to be in, then they can at least be warned even if you can't point out an individual which the club could ban. If you don't, who will?

Honestly, I think you should do this. It's no good people complaining on a messageboard in general terms, nothing will get done about it. If you can point out the 6 seats they were in or supposed to be in, then they can at least be warned even if you can't point out an individual which the club could ban. If you don't, who will?

There were people behind me singing it within about a yard or two of the stewards, so reporting it to the stewards yesterday wouldn't have done anything.

Another bore draw but at least there were some positives. The first league game without one or more of MGP, Spit and Keef meant that we had no passengers; Hoillet made the best debut I can recall from a Rovers youngster; Robbo had an error-free game to stop what I feared might be another progressive loss of confidence, and Allardyce's subbing was positive, trying to win the game.

But we can't score. No goals in the last 4 and we are 17th in the league on goals scored; it's a real issue. I don't buy the twisted logic from some on here that if Roberts/Kalinic/Di Santo had it all they wouldn't be playing for us. We're in 12th place in the richest league in the world and we can't expect to have strikers who can score? I don't expect any 20+ goal seasons these days but, for the money they are all on, double figures should be a reasonable expectation from any of them.

It doesn't help that Sam doesn't know his best pairing nor that the only one getting a run of games is the one who looks the least like scoring. I have been very dubious about Kalinic and am still in 2 minds. His movement and finish for the first against Chelsea were top class - really opened my eyes - but, being honest, yesterday was no different from the Sunderland game so I'm not sure how he is 'progressing'. As someone said in the LT yesterday, if he had been signed by Burnley, would we be saying they had a good 'un there?

We can't rely on Dunn as I feel he is relatively easy to stop - crowd him when he turns and starts his runs - and Di Santo doesn;t even look like looking like scoring. Time to bet on Kalinic I feel and keep our fingers crossed.

The chant was very audible today, and I'd say around 40-50% of the travelling fans joined in, maybe a bit less.

Lots travelled in Santa outfits to be fair, as the ones who used the Aqueduct's coach service bought them on the way at a stop off.

Another bore draw but at least there were some positives. The first league game without one or more of MGP, Spit and Keef meant that we had no passengers; Hoillet made the best debut I can recall from a Rovers youngster; Robbo had an error-free game to stop what I feared might be another progressive loss of confidence, and Allardyce's subbing was positive, trying to win the game.

But we can't score. No goals in the last 4 and we are 17th in the league on goals scored; it's a real issue. I don't buy the twisted logic from some on here that if Roberts/Kalinic/Di Santo had it all they wouldn't be playing for us. We're in 12th place in the richest league in the world and we can't expect to have strikers who can score? I don't expect any 20+ goal seasons these days but, for the money they are all on, double figures should be a reasonable expectation from any of them.

It doesn't help that Sam doesn't know his best pairing nor that the only one getting a run of games is the one who looks the least like scoring. I have been very dubious about Kalinic and am still in 2 minds. His movement and finish for the first against Chelsea were top class - really opened my eyes - but, being honest, yesterday was no different from the Sunderland game so I'm not sure how he is 'progressing'. As someone said in the LT yesterday, if he had been signed by Burnley, would we be saying they had a good 'un there?

We can't rely on Dunn as I feel he is relatively easy to stop - crowd him when he turns and starts his runs - and Di Santo doesn;t even look like looking like scoring. Time to bet on Kalinic I feel and keep our fingers crossed.

I think until Kalinic gets a good run of games that it is still too early to judge him. Playing in a cup match, then as a sub in other games isn't enough imo. He needs a run of 4 or 5 games to get his confidence growing. He did have a goal disallowed against man u. Di Santo has had a run of games, yet isn't scoring. His work rate is fine and the talent is there to see. Maybe he is better and we have yet to see it, and holding back until Rovers can get him on a permanent deal in Jan.

was at the game today

utterley furious with the Owen Coyle filth

Most of the people around me were either singin it or laughing

Eveeryone who even sings one line of it should be banned

As I have not been able to get to games this season - until Christmas when I am in Lancashire for 12 days - I haven't heard this owen coyle song. But from the reaction of people on here it must be really bad. It should be stamped out and if it means going to the stewards etc then so be it. It is very easy supporters saying the club should do this and that, but often it is down to the supporters themselves to do something. After all eventualy all Rovers supporters will be labeled because of this song. I don't know if anything could also be done via the forum.

There were people behind me singing it within about a yard or two of the stewards, so reporting it to the stewards yesterday wouldn't have done anything.

Maybe nothing can be done when away from home - only at home games. Eventually news may get out to other clubs that Rovers, supporters and club, are trying to stamp this out, then the stewards may do something.

Confronting gangs of tanked-up idiots who sing offensive songs at games is a recipe for disaster, in my view.

Trouble is bound to erupt. Good luck to those who chose to confront these plonkers.

The club should issue a letter with every ticket sold (home & away), stating the good reputation of the club is being affected by offensive & racist chants. It should also state 'anybody found guilty of such behaviour will be prosecuted & banned'.

A similar letter should also be sent out to Season Ticket holders stating the same.

It`s easy to do, non confrontational & gets the message across to everyone.

....On a slight tangent, (but still on the same subject)

I first heard the chant in question at the end of the dingles match. During that same game i heard the away following sing songs about a dead Jack Walker. I`ve also heard the same fans chanting 'we shoot p###s' during a manx-cup game. I`m NOT condoning any of this behaviour, merely pointing out every club has its dark underbelly.

Confronting gangs of tanked-up idiots who sing offensive songs at games is a recipe for disaster, in my view.

Trouble is bound to erupt. Good luck to those who chose to confront these plonkers.

The club should issue a letter with every ticket sold (home & away), stating the good reputation of the club is being affected by offensive & racist chants. It should also state 'anybody found guilty of such behaviour will be prosecuted & banned'.

A similar letter should also be sent out to Season Ticket holders stating the same.

You are working on the assumption these individuals have the intelligence to read.

There are mindless idiots who follow every club, unfortunately ours seem to be going to away games and starting this chant. Huge shame because eventually the media will pick up on it and then it'll be back to Rovers fans are racists etc. I am planning on going to the Wigan game with my cousin, we are both Asian, if the chant starts up then it'd be hugely uncomfortable, but then again I have no problems whatsoever in going to the stewards and pointing out the culprits.

Good for you Kamy. I sincerely hope you do just that; there is absolutely no place for that kind of behaviour either at a Rovers match or indeed at ANY football match anywhere. These disgusting fools are a blot on the whole of any civilised society.

It was indeed absolutely disgusting. A woman in front of me stood up and confronted some of the blokes behind me who were leading the singing but it still didn't stop them. I was preciously close to reporting them to stewards to be thrown out. It would deeply pain me to have to ask for fans purporting to be Rovers fans to be ejected but if I hear it again I will do.

That was probably me - that particular song wasn't really sung again by those behind me after I'd told them about it. Mind you they had a fair repertoire of other filth. If it had been clearly heard both my daughter and I were prepared to go to the police who were just below us. I work with Asian heritage kids and find that sort of rubbish especially disgusting.

....On a slight tangent, (but still on the same subject)

I first heard the chant in question at the end of the dingles match. During that same game i heard the away following sing songs about a dead Jack Walker. I`ve also heard the same fans chanting 'we shoot p###s' during a manx-cup game. I`m NOT condoning any of this behaviour, merely pointing out every club has its dark underbelly.

EVERY Burnley fan inside Ewood was chanting that song, you could hear it clearly on TV.

And the Coyle chant... not a nice chant at all, I think a lot of people who chant it aren't racist, just stupid.

At Liverpool away a few years ago I reported some lads for singing WE HATE PAKIS. The coppers went and arrested them , it was under the stand at half time. Discretion is available if needed, but it needs to be done-racists need to be dealt with a firm hand.

EVERY Burnley fan inside Ewood was chanting that song, you could hear it clearly on TV.

And the Coyle chant... not a nice chant at all, I think a lot of people who chant it aren't racist, just stupid.

Ye I kind of agree there, I wouldn't say they're idiots just ill-educated.

Prince Harry said "our little Paki friend" it doesn't necessarily mean he's racist and I can't exactly say he's stupid, he probably had a better education than most. It just proves how the majority of people don't really know or understand why 'Paki' is a racist term. They just think it's a shortened version of Pakistani. We only understand what we are shown and if we don't learn about it in schools and I didn't learn about it from my parents or grandparents, then people are not going to know about Britain's bitter racial history

Anyways back on topic, I know these 0-0 draws are boring but I'd rather be keeping clean sheets than shipping goals and making it difficult for ourselves going forward and pressing for a goal, if Sam can achieve a top 10 mid table finish in his first full season at Rovers, it's a job well done imo.

Archived