BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Sunderland - Dec 28Th Preview (Well Sort Of...)

I wish the fans would get behind the team, sad bast&rds, people walking out at half time, losers. I walked out once before @ half time but only when we were losing 2-0 against Arsenal when Paul Ince was manager what sh*te that was but when it was still goalless and all to play for, I just couldn't understand, booing Diouf what was all that about? Get a f***in grip!

I don't think the boos were for Diouf, just the triple substitution.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things were very close to boiling over after the Sunderland goal and if MGP had not equalised so quickly I believe the crowd would have turned on Allardyce. One goal is possibly all that stopped the crowd turning, that's how close it is. I could almost feel the tenson coming out of the BBE and folk around me were getting very angry, and that's in the JW. Don't be fooled 2 points from 6 is a very poor return from these two games.

Or 5 points from 24.

That's relegation form.

The reasons Roberts started

-He is the second highest goalscorer

-Our highest scoring striker

-When McCarthy scored against Wigan didn't he run over to hug Roberts who was warming up, they seem to have a good partnership together but obviously it didn't work on the pitch today

Disappointing not to have won but when you consider that we went behind twice, we came back and showed great spirit.

I wish the fans would get behind the team, sad bast&rds, people walking out at half time, losers. I walked out once before @ half time but only when we were losing 2-0 against Arsenal when Paul Ince was manager what sh*te that was but when it was still goalless and all to play for, I just couldn't understand, booing Diouf what was all that about? Get a f***in grip!

Christ, I only went to get a pie!!

I don't think the boos were for Diouf, just the triple substitution.

From reading the comments on here during the game, everyone wanted Sam to change it and that's what he did.

Christ, I only went to get a pie!!

People did honestly walk out when there was no need, it was all to play for.

The boos were for Benni going off.

And this is definitely relegation form, and it will go one of two ways, either it gets better or turns for the worse, cause these draws will soon change.

Unbelievable, people have been saying how much they want Kalinic and Di Santo up front yet when Sam does do that, they boo, it doesn't make any sense :lol:

The players are playing badly due to a lack of confidence from chopping and changing the team Sam is chopping and chaning the team because certain individuals do not want to play the longball tactic and the others are just plain underacheivers.

We have changed gameplan and players so many times its very hard to concentrate on just playing football, when you dont have the same guy next to you week in and week out its hard to build a solid relationship as in passing and moving so we resort to the managers preffered longball and in my eyes it just doesnt work at rovers.

We play better passing and moving and creating chances rather than a military style longball, I also believe that Di santo is a cracking footballer and sams style of football is not getting the best out of him.

We dont seem to have any kind of form or be able to create any kind of good run which builds confidence, i dont know the solution but i hope it comes fast as im slighlt worried now.

Take a bow Gamst. Great second half from him. His goal gave him so much confidence from then on. He looked a completely different player. His poor delieveries were easily outshone by some classy crosses from both set pieces and outwide in open play. Keep it up. Loved his celebration as well. He definitely has the passion which is good to see.

Are you his agent? :lol:

Seriously though, if it hadn't been for is goal, he'd be getting pelters. Although in his defence, he did swing in a number of good corners.

Being kind, his man of the match award was for the goal which kept us in the game and gave us all a lift, or being unkind, because the match sponsor's teenage daughter was at the game!

I was very pleased to see him score but that can't gloss over another poor game and his passion was very much lacking in the first half.

First half was dire. Why can we not play for more than 45 minutes? When we do play (usually when we are behind) we are a match for anyone.

Pedersen's man of the match award was a joke. He was the worse player on the pitch until he scored (yes, in a team containing Andrews). After the goal he was a different player but not enough to merit the MoM award.

Junior showed attacking intent but more often that not he makes the wrong choice, something he has time to correct.

McCarthy was our best player by far and looks like he's back interested again. Whether that is to engineer a move remains to be seen.

Andrews had a decent game by his standards - some good shots and some adequate passing. However, the fact remains that if we want to be top 10 then he simply isn't good enough for centre midfield.

Roberts very poor. Wins the odd foul but gives away more. Di Santo was miles better when he came one. Kalinic I am liking more and more - he creates space for himself, brings others in and only a brilliant save stopped him getting the winner (the open-goal rebound from which Samba put onto the post!)

On a final note - Diouf is unable to play winger any more, that much is clear. However, he has two things Andrews will never have - touch and a football brain. He rarely gives the ball away. I'd play Diouf in centre midfield above Andrews any day

We are in a better position than we were at this stage last season so IF we can finish as strongly as we did last season then there is no reason why we can't get close to the top half or at least improve our current position. I know mid table mediocrity is not ideal but as long as we are clear of the relegation zone then it is acceptable.

Our end of season fixtures are a nightmare this year.

Are you his agent? :lol:

Seriously though, if it hadn't been for is goal, he'd be getting pelters. Although in his defence, he did swing in a number of good corners.

Being kind, his man of the match award was for the goal which kept us in the game and gave us all a lift, or being unkind, because the match sponsor's teenage daughter was at the game!

I was very pleased to see him score but that can't gloss over another poor game and his passion was very much lacking in the first half.

He scored a very good goal and put in about 3/4 balls that could easily have lead to goals. What more do you want?

Shocking football from Rovers over the last two days, the Blackburn combination lads play better stuff maybe the Dudley dud coiuld learn a thing or two form these guys.

Who on earth is Junior Tiolet, the little lad who, cant shoot, cant beat his man, cant head, cant tackle, what can he do ?

NZonzi has looked the lower league French player he is over these past two games, very disappointing.

Chimbonda and Samba today were defensive liabilities today, and Allardyces football, how high can we kick the ball shocking stuff all round.

Shocking football from Rovers over the last two days, the Blackburn combination lads play better stuff maybe the Dudley dud coiuld learn a thing or two form these guys.

Who on earth is Junior Tiolet, the little lad who, cant shoot, cant beat his man, cant head, cant tackle, what can he do ?

NZonzi has looked the lower league French player he is over these past two games, very disappointing.

Chimbonda and Samba today were defensive liabilities today, and Allardyces football, how high can we kick the ball shocking stuff all round.

Agree with most of that but disagree with Nzonzi he has been doing the job of two players for the last two games.

First half was crap :angry: nuff said about that.

2nd half was much better. I didn`t boo the triple substitution, but i was disappointed to see Hoillett & Benni come off. Hoillett is the only player who excited me today.....but Big Sam`s triple sub nearly won the game for us.

Rovers & Sunderland were both rubbish teams in a rubbish premier league that has on 4 or 5 half decent teams in it. The rest are all poo & just make up the numbers. It`s almost laughable to think we are in the so-called best league in the world. Do they play hoofball in Spain too? :huh:

Correct on all counts apart from N'Zonzi, Samba, Chimbonda, Hoilett and Blackburn Combo players. But deffo correct on the 'high ball'.....for 45mins.

The first half performance was a total disgrace.

The second was more of the same old,same old.

We have the weakest midfield in the Prem by a country f'kin mile.

We are not beating teams around us in the bottom half.

There is a MASSIVE polarisation of opinion among the Rovers fans regarding Sam Allardyce and his tactics.

Its just that same old frustrated feeling about Rovers after 90 minutes of football...not happy at all with matters at present. :(

WE REALLY ARE ONE MEDIOCRE,P1SS POT SIDE AT PRESENT AND IT HURTS TO SAY.

He scored a very good goal and put in about 3/4 balls that could easily have lead to goals. What more do you want?

Yes, it'll probably show some of the 4 or 5 things that he did in 95 minutes, on MOTD later too. I guess when you watch on TV, it's easy to form a different opinion from someone who was there.

Pedersen needs a rocket up him. It's possible his goal will have the same effect and we'll get an Indian Summer out of him.

It's more likely, however, that we saw a small spark from the dying embers of what was once a class player.

Haven't read this thread yet and prob will leave it till later but we should have won this match and if we had started with two average premiership quality players taking the places of Roberts and Andrews we would have! I know injuries to 3 midfielders have hampered us in that dept but I've no idea why Roberts started. The pair of em are desperately sub standard and seeing them on the pitch must demoralise the other 9 before a ball has been kicked.

Agree with most of that but disagree with Nzonzi he has been doing the job of two players for the last two games.

Sorry, NZonzi in the first two minutes showed his lack of ability when the ball was laid off to him on the edge of their ,instead of shooting he decides to head it wide and run for it allowing the defender to clear - very poor.

Then a moment later someone plays the ball into his feet just inside the edge of their box instead of turning and being positive to attack the opposition he passes negatively backwards to one of their players.

A proper manager would have subbed him at this point - niavity of the highest order, except he falls into the mangers cave man tactics of being capable of heading the ball when it comes down from the skies.

Later on first half hes in the corner, Darwen end/Nuttal street side, he crosses along the ground the poorest cross you'll ever see absolutely nowhere near a Rovers player.

Second half NZonzi has a shot on the edge of the box think it hits the glass panelling of the exec boxes.

Overall very poor from the lad.

• Backroom

First half was crap :angry: nuff said about that.

2nd half was much better. I didn`t boo the triple substitution, but i was disappointed to see Hoillett & Benni come off. Hoillett is the only player who excited me today.....but Big Sam`s triple sub nearly won the game for us.

Rovers & Sunderland were both rubbish teams in a rubbish premier league that has on 4 or 5 half decent teams in it. The rest are all poo & just make up the numbers. It`s almost laughable to think we are in the so-called best league in the world. Do they play hoofball in Spain too? :huh:

Conversely I'd say Big Sams poor team selection nearly lost us the game, seriously what has Roberts done recently to warrant a start?

I think we could find ourself in real trouble this season, that was the worst Sunderland team I've seen in a long time bar Darren Bent and we still couldn't beat them, the first half really was dire. We have an awful run in and we could very well end up regretting dropping points in these easier games. We all looked at the fixture list and commented how we had a very nice November and December and just look at our return, as bad as anything under Ince debateably.

On the positive side the second half was an improvement and we showed good spirit in coming back from going a goal down twice. If Pedersen played like he did in the second half he would be a starter for us for a long time to come, some beautiful balls into the box.

Kalinic really impressed when he came on, some great touches and running to bring other players into play, at one stage he took 4 defenders out of the game.

I'd like to see their goals again cause I thought some blame could be aimed at Robbo certainly for the second and maybe for the first as we parried straight back into the danger zone but I got slated for saying so at the time.

I was part of the Match Sponsors today and we decided Pedersen was MOTM but we were told he left straight away after the match to catch a plane so they sent Diouf up as man of the match, we weren't impressed.

A proper manager would have subbed him at this point - niavity of the highest order, except he falls into the mangers cave man tactics of being capable of heading the ball when it comes down from the skies.

And who would come on in this place, Salgado?

There was no other option and no need to replace a defensive midfielder! He used all three subs to freshen up the attack!

Haven't read this thread yet and prob will leave it till later but we should have won this match and if we had started with two average premiership quality players taking the places of Roberts and Andrews we would have! I know injuries to 3 midfielders have hampered us in that dept but I've no idea why Roberts started. The pair of em are desperately sub standard and seeing them on the pitch must demoralise the other 9 before a ball has been kicked.

I know it demoralised me! Never happy when we start with these two.

Archived