BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predicted on another thread after 6 or so games that Burnley would be relegated today.

It will be a day late as their game was moved due to Liverpool being crap.

And with East Lancs playing Burnley in the Lancashire League at t'Turd tomorrow while the game is on it should be an interesting day....

Bye-bye dingles.

Have we still time to get a plane sorted now the ash has gone?

Can somebody pass me the jelly and ice cream please? Oh,and a pint of Blackburn's finest, Thwaites Smooth.

If I weren't travelling to Derby tomorrow to pick up my new car, I would be on the M65 near junction 10, twenty minutes after the final whistle, blue & white scarves out of the windows, horn pipping....... :brfc::lol:

Sorry, but I wish Burnley stayed up, loved the derbies, and ofc the 6 points.

As a Rovers fan thru and thru, hope Burnley come back up next season, the more

Lancs team in the premier, the better.

Portsmouth away is so much more attractive?

And losing just once to the Dingles?

Isn't all about local rivalry and banter? I was at the Ewood defeat in 1979, but the paasion of the derby made it so so much more enjoyable, it's rivalry, it's locals V locals.

I'd much prefer Burnley beat us than Portsmouth. (I feel dirty)

I can't see them in any great rush to get back up, they still have the ground to buy back, replace a stand, buy enough players to play in the fizzy pop with enough potential to play in the Prem. A new manager with at least only one relegation on his CV in a season.

Nope! they'll take the full allocation of parachute payments before they surface again.

I have to agree with him.

The derbies have been a serious highlight for us the fans this year and the banter has been great. It would have been good if they could have stayed up, but all hope left when Coyle jumped ship to bolton.

All those saying about keeping the record going well, even if it was to be they would never get over 30 years without us beating them once.

Hopefully they become a yo-yo club ala WBA so we can show them who's boss, yet again.

Let's be realistic, if they beat Liverpool and Spurs at home and win away at Brum whilst one of Wolves, Wigan and West Ham give up the ghost in their last two gaes, they stay up. :lol:

If they win those three games in all honesty, they deserve to stay up!!

Maybe once every five or ten years. But not so often that they will inevitably get the freak chance of beating us.

Exactly Tombro, I don't think I could handle a loss to them these days, it would certainly send me over the edge.

The feeling on derby day just isn't enjoyable for me, from the coach trip to hell to the possibility of the unthinkable happening, just not fun.

Give me Pompey away any day of the week.

Which pub we going to should they get relagated today?

Not only do I want them to go down, I want them to keep going. That's quite possible as they wont be taking any parachute payments. Mr Kilby thinks they are unfair.

Archived