BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see them picking up 4-6 points, hopefully no more than that. Liverpool will let us down as usual, as will Sunderland and possibly Spurs. Hopefully Birmingham hammer them.

We just need Wigan and West Ham to win one or two more and it's looking poor. Fortunately most teams have a game in hand on the trolls. Hull do, but Dowie couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag so they are down already.

Despite being an average of about 4000 or so less for the Rugby over the less few seasons!

Even this season? I never watch rugby to be honest, just going off the odd time it comes on sky sports news. Suppose the rugby lot don't have the likes of Man utd, Liverpool, us etc to boost their gates. Everyone I know from Wigan is more interested in the rugby.

I went to both games against Wigan this season, and both against Burnley and there's no doubt about it which were the more enjoyable days, and even the benter in the weeks leading up to the derby. For that reason I want Burnley to stay up, couldn't care less if no-one on here agrees!

Despite being an average of about 4000 or so less for the Rugby over the less few seasons!

The clubs that deserve to be there, are the ones that are there. 3 men and his dog or 50000

Newcastle fans 'deserve' sucess, err no they don't!

Another classic from Philip - dont forget Alonso could join us, Tottenham will finish in the top 4 n United might struggle to finish in the top 4....now Burnley! :rolleyes:

I don't think you have much room to talk Hughesy :unsure:

As for Burnley, I couldn't really give a flying monkeys whether they stayed up or not. Stay up and it's another 2 cracking games I can attend along with many others. Go down and we can all have a good laugh at them. Mind you if they were to go down I'd love it to be on the last day of the season, would hurt a lot more. :)

Another classic from Philip - dont forget Alonso could join us, Tottenham will finish in the top 4 n United might struggle to finish in the top 4....now Burnley! :rolleyes:

If you had any grasp of irony you'd be half way to Pluto by now.

• Backroom

Much rather Wigan went down than Burnley, they don't deserve a premiership team with their pathetic crowds. 2 derby days a season makes it much more interesting too.

that must be one of the most bizarre comments I've seen from a rovers fan.

We often say how irrelevent stuff like that is when teams like city and Newcastle spout rubbish like that

I suppose we don't deserve a Prem team either and we should swap with Leeds?

that must be one of the most bizarre comments I've seen from a rovers fan.

We often say how irrelevent stuff like that is when teams like city and Newcastle spout rubbish like that

I suppose we don't deserve a Prem team either and we should swap with Leeds?

They've barely got above 20k all season, one of which was against us and we accounted for about a quarter of the crowd. 18k against United? I can safely say we'll eclipse that by a good 10k.

I've explained my reasoning above, if you don;t like it, I don't give a shat.

• Backroom

Yep each to their own I just find it odd to throw out a fallacy we often get thrown at ourselves.

Everyone has their own reasons though, for me I'd like to see burnley and Bolton go down.

My dream is for all the town clubs of the grand old county of Lancashire to be in the lower leagues, leaving just us, the mancs and the scousers.

So we can really grow the club, I don't care less about 'seeing local clubs do well' 'great for Lancashire' 'loads of Derbies', seeing a strong Rovers is all I care about.

More 'home' fans for Warriors games than the latics get, it's the away support that bulks latics average. I'm sure now that success will come back to the Warriors we'll overtake the latics average with home fans alone.

As it stands it's better for the Warriors to have the Latics in the premier league for financial reasons. For that reason either Wham or Hull will do me.

They could do us a good turn by beating big club and Sunderland and put some place money in our pockets. Plus if they stay up it would be a bigger gate next season than Hull Wigan or wet spam and six points.

That was one of the worst games of 'football' I have ever been to.

Hull City got the goal and Burnley looked nervous - they were there for the taking, but they took the foot off the pedal instead, then just laid down and died for them. Played Burnley's game of 'hoofball' instead of sticking to football - when a team does that, Hull City always lose. I wouldn't be surprised to see the team win against Birmingham and Sunderland in the next two games, just the way they are - it's all about mentality - they put pressure on themselves.

The ref didn't help - Atkinson HATES Hull City. Only ever sent 5 players off in his Prem history - and 2 are Hull City players. Both refs from Leeds hate Hull City - Atkinson and Riley.

Reasons both pens shouldn't have been given.

1st pen - Ref mucked up by giving Burnley the freekick again after Fagan had cleanly blocked the ball (he was 10 yards)- I really don't think it was a pen either, very soft!

2nd pen - What the hell Mendy was doing, I'll never know??? in the build up though, Nugent CLEARLY handballed it, all Hull City players stopped, expecting something soo clear to be given, which is how Nugent managed to run all the way to goal unchallenged.

That was one of the worst games of 'football' I have ever been to.

Hull City got the goal and Burnley looked nervous - they were there for the taking, but they took the foot off the pedal instead, then just laid down and died for them. Played Burnley's game of 'hoofball' instead of sticking to football - when a team does that, Hull City always lose. I wouldn't be surprised to see the team win against Birmingham and Sunderland in the next two games, just the way they are - it's all about mentality - they put pressure on themselves.

The ref didn't help - Atkinson HATES Hull City. Only ever sent 5 players off in his Prem history - and 2 are Hull City players. Both refs from Leeds hate Hull City - Atkinson and Riley.

Reasons both pens shouldn't have been given.

1st pen - Ref mucked up by giving Burnley the freekick again after Fagan had cleanly blocked the ball (he was 10 yards)- I really don't think it was a pen either, very soft!

2nd pen - What the hell Mendy was doing, I'll never know??? in the build up though, Nugent CLEARLY handballed it, all Hull City players stopped, expecting something soo clear to be given, which is how Nugent managed to run all the way to goal unchallenged.

Tbh, no offence they_think_its_all_rover but im not sure you're the most neutral of sources for the game. Everytime Hull are mentioned you come on here to trot out the

party line...

Got to say all these look winnable for the dingles after today:

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Sunderland v Burnley, 15:00

Sunday, 25 April 2010

Burnley v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Birmingham v Burnley, 15:00

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Burnley v Tottenham, 15:00

Philip----are you being sarcastic? There is more chance of them not getting another point than winning all 4 games. In fact that's more likely.

Burnley could and should have been three down in the first 20 minutes!!

After that they grew into the game, I do feel Bent will exploit their lack of pace at the back and if other results go well, then thats the end of it!!

Just as well there isn't an irony smiley- that post left you all guessing!

I will just say this- Steve Bruce is poor enough to give any opponents of Sunderland a chance against his expensively assembled squad. You can form your own opinions as to whether Burnley are anywhere near equipped to take the opportunity they will have next week. :lol:

Just as well there isn't an irony smiley- that post left you all guessing!

I will just say this- Steve Bruce is poor enough to give any opponents of Sunderland a chance against his expensively assembled squad. You can form your own opinions as to whether Burnley are anywhere near equipped to take the opportunity they will have next week. :lol:

Ah, that's more like it! Whatever the result you can claim to be correct! I knew you wouldn't let me down!

Archived