BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

I too live in Preston, I hear a lot of crap about the size of the club - whatever that means.

A few years ago PNE supporting mate of mine said that if we where in the same division they would have much bigger gates than rovers, needless to say I reminded him that only a few years previously we were and had a larger average attendance as well as beating them home and away.

There is a cockiness in the support, I cant for the life of me work out what its based on.

Hard to seehow they would have much bigger gates than Rovers as their ground is much smaller. Perhaps they mean they are going to get a new set of iron gates bigger than those at Ewood.wink.gif

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Burnley or any team for that matter play like Burnley did in the first 15 minutes v Man city they will never survive in any league. That really was an embarrassment to lancashire yesterday.

And their fans are desperately worried about what's going to happen to them next season! Could be in freefall if they keep Laws and broke if they sack him.

another Preston based fan here and echo what's been said already about their supporters... They have a hatred towards Rovers based on jelousy I imagine. I took great pleasure 8 years back when we won promotion on their ground and the days after thanking them for hosting our promotion party... :) Up until recently they've been a well run club - cant see why they got rid of Irvine, especially since he'd had a decent season the year before and they were around mid table when he was sacked. Visons of grandeur I guess...

I sympathise with Burnley because they are a Lancashire town club, and I would rather they stayed up than the likes of West Ham. The days are long gone IMO when you wanted your local rivals relegated. I wish Preston, Burnley and Blackpool were in the Prem too.

Not me I despise their very existance. It would not sadden me if they folded. I'll take Preston and Blackpool in the Prem but the dingles, get rid.

another Preston based fan here and echo what's been said already about their supporters... They have a hatred towards Rovers based on jelousy I imagine. I took great pleasure 8 years back when we won promotion on their ground and the days after thanking them for hosting our promotion party... :) Up until recently they've been a well run club - cant see why they got rid of Irvine, especially since he'd had a decent season the year before and they were around mid table when he was sacked. Visons of grandeur I guess...

Is'nt Hemmings running the show there? And wasn't it his wish to get Fergy's son in?

i don't mind preston and i don't care if they hate us because it's just funny if they do since we don't even notice them. i quite like them in fact. it will be rubbish for the preston based rovers if they come up but i think that's about it. obviously there will be exceptions. i have nothing but good memories when it comes to playing against them given the fact i'm only 21.

Is'nt Hemmings running the show there? And wasn't it his wish to get Fergy's son in?

Is he the supposed multi millionaire? They do bleat on that they have somebody really rich involved in the club but as far as I know he hasn't introduced any money. As mentioned-the last few years have seen them well run - they've a nice ground and no huge debts as far as I'm aware. They've employed some good managers in Moyes, Billy Davies, Alan Irvine and to an extent Craig Brown but they've never quite been able to make the jump from play offs to Premier League. The decision to sack Irvine was quite strange though and Ferguson's come in and been very average, in fact I would think he's averaging less points than the previous manager.

I too live in Preston, I hear a lot of crap about the size of the club - whatever that means.

A few years ago PNE supporting mate of mine said that if we where in the same division they would have much bigger gates than rovers, needless to say I reminded him that only a few years previously we were and had a larger average attendance as well as beating them home and away.

There is a cockiness in the support, I cant for the life of me work out what its based on.

Hmmmmmmm.......reminds me of someone.

If Burnley or any team for that matter play like Burnley did in the first 15 minutes v Man city they will never survive in any league. That really was an embarrassment to lancashire yesterday.

Don't you mean Yorkshire laugh.gif

anyway it was an embarrassment to Burnley, no one else

they are doomed

I really feel that if Hull win on Saturday, then thats the end for Burnley, I think Hull will be up for the fight more, depends if Burnley players are hurt and respond to the City game, problem is, it does look as though Laws has lost the dressing room, Blake had a blazing row with him at half time last week, Bikey is well p***** off and one or two others far from happy!!

Plus the fact I have heard of three players already on their way to Bolton and Everton in the summer. (Mears, Fletcher Bolton and Eagles to Everton)

Is he the supposed multi millionaire? They do bleat on that they have somebody really rich involved in the club but as far as I know he hasn't introduced any money.

How do you know that? Trevor Hemmings is a local brickie made good, very good in fact with a personal fortune that is up there with the Walker family. I've been told by somebody who has known him a long time though not closely (this may easily count as heresay) that whilst Derek Shaw is the Chairman it is Hemmings who is in the shadows pulling the strings at Preston. However Hemmings real passion is horse racing and his opinion of the spoilt brat mentality of modern day footballers and their blackmailing agents is very very low. From what I have been told he will have no desire to get involved other than to offer a basic degree of financial support to keep PNE punching their weight where they are.

A wild guess might see the Ferguson connection likely to be based on the racing connection with the old RFW to provide Darren with a job locally and with a few MU starlets (like Beckham did)

coming the other way on a regular basis to learn the trade in exchange. But that is as I say nothing more than pure speculation based on the somewhat odd decision to bin Irvine and install Darren Ferguson.

Of course all the above is completely unconfirmed and might just be a load of old bolloxx too. :rolleyes:

I really feel that if Hull win on Saturday, then thats the end for Burnley,

After watching recent performances it's clear that the end for Burnley has already been and gone.

Trevor Hemmings plays no part in the running of PNE apart from loans it is his son who plays an active part (according to my pne mates). TH has loaned them cash to bail them out with wages and bills. He is not a benefactor to the ckub.

He is a multi millionaire but took a massive hit last year due to the financial crisis.

Like Gordon says his passion is racing and leisure, nobend would appear to be a distraction to hinm !

What sort of money is Fletcher going for?? I'd like him at Rovers, he's the one player I would take from them, for sure. I also like Eagles, he always looks good coming off the bench looks, good impact player.

Brian Laws couldn't cut it in the championship, what made them think he could cut it a step or two up??? At the rate they are going I can see them leaving the league with a record or two behind them, as surely Ipswich's is under serious threat. You've got to laugh, as surely he'll have to go and that will make the cheap option, just a little bit more expensive!! I have a feeling that all the dollar the misers down the road have made with their "Scrooge" like wages and transfers, will be very quickly ###### up the walls.

Nobend do have a dormant support base, you see that when they get a glamour cup tie. But to say they have more fans than us is barmy. In 130 years of the two clubs, how many seasons have they had a higher average attendance? What were the respective average crowds in 2000/2001?

The grandeur boils down to the fact that Preston is the big cheese economically in present day Lancashire, a lot of Prestonians think that their town (city?!?!?) will soon be on a par with Liverpool and Manchester. They see Blackburn as a crummy backwater. Their jelaousy of our great football club knows no bounds.

What sort of money is Fletcher going for?? I'd like him at Rovers, he's the one player I would take from them, for sure. I also like Eagles, he always looks good coming off the bench looks, good impact player.

Dont know any figures I am afraid!!

eagles going to everton? he'll have to work on his end product before then.

I agree, but feel he has the ability if he is coached properly, he will be better at a bigger club where he is just another player, at Burnley he came as a star performer and got superstar status in the championship, lost his way this year but even in the premiership, is a very dangerous attacking player and with a little help from the coaching staff could be a real gem! Providing he gets his head right.

Nobend do have a dormant support base, you see that when they get a glamour cup tie. But to say they have more fans than us is barmy. In 130 years of the two clubs, how many seasons have they had a higher average attendance? What were the respective average crowds in 2000/2001?

The grandeur boils down to the fact that Preston is the big cheese economically in present day Lancashire, a lot of Prestonians think that their town (city?!?!?) will soon be on a par with Liverpool and Manchester. They see Blackburn as a crummy backwater. Their jelaousy of our great football club knows no bounds.

Spot on there Mattyblue,Preston are traditionally the third best supported team behind Rovers and Burnley.

'BIG' city = 'BIG' club mentality? :lol:

You would have to ask the question 'What is there attraction wise about Preston that would put them alongside either Manchester or Liverpool?'.

Being unfortunate enough to work in the place I can honestly say that the only good thing about Preston is the m6 that passes by and the A6 that passes through it.

Shopping wise - POOR

Attraction wise - POOR

Entertainment wise - POOR

But I suppose there are things that might attract individuals.

If you fancy a good old fight on a weekend then Preston has its fair share of idiots who appear to despise visitors so you can guarantee a punch up of some sort.

There is easy access to the lesser things in life like ugly prostitutes arounde Fletcher Road and dumpdale, plenty of options for food poisoning and other diseases from the nunmerous fast food outlets whilst if you fancied some of the narcotics that you find illegally on sale they are readily available.

Preston is simply an awful place and I feel sorry that the better quality housing and good living people are all bordered by scum holes that blight the Preston landscape.

Archived