BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hadn't realised until yesterday, both the game and reading Claret-mad afterwards, jsut how much Coyle leaving has ripped the heart out of their club.

What is clear is that everyone, fans and players alike, totally believed in Coyle. So when he leaves mid-season for a team below them, he was telling all of them in the most brutral fashion that he did not believe in them. If Coyle says they are not good enough to stay up, then it must be true.

For the players to have no fight or spirit in a relegation battle is shocking; for their fans to have no fight or spirit in a derby match even more so. Coyle has destroyed them.

I think it would not have happened here as perhaps we are more used to having good managers who leave us for supposedly better things, whereas Coyle was their best manager since the early 70's.

Not that I'm grieving for them mind, just taken aback.

i would have sympathy but they've milked that story far too much. the amount of them saying managers should not be allowed to join other clubs in the same season was unbelievable. for some reason every negative thing that happens to them seems to be the biggest injustice in football and they just can't let it go. they must have been aware that these things happen in football, surely? i mean it isn't fun, but they play the victim far too easily. it's like in the cup last year against tottenham were it went to extra time and they got beat but half the fans wanted to have a replay since it wasn't fair. agreed, the rules that are in place are slanted towards the better team but they signed up to the rules so they should play by them.

also the fact they still describe coyles move to bolton as a sideways move at best just proves their idiocy.

Part of Burnleys problem has been the appointment they made once Coyle left... Laws was clearly picked on 1 point - he was a freebie.

It ripped the hearts out of the fans & they should of gone for a manager of much greater pedigree...OH WELL! :lol::lol:

Part of Burnleys problem has been the appointment they made once Coyle left... Laws was clearly picked on 1 point - he was a freebie.

It ripped the hearts out of the fans & they should of gone for a manager of much greater pedigree...OH WELL! :lol: :lol:

Hughsey - 'should have' or 'should've' not 'should of'

I wonder how much of an effect Coyle has on the Burnley faithful long term. A mate of mine, who was Burnley through and through, is now 'not following football' (his words) and I think a fair few of them have lost their faith.

Burnleys odds for relegation at the bookies went from 1/10 before yesterdays game to 1/16 today.

You cant even make any money out of them now, just hope we never see or hear them again.

i put £25 on it at the start of january, which will give me a return of £45. not a huge win but it just seemed like free money.

They must be a near certainty to go down. I think Dowie will have Hull revved up for them when Burnley go there shortly. If they lose that I think they will be relegated. West Ham, Burnley and Portsmouth in my opinion.

I'd love that so much to be true.

Brian Laws = the new John Bond. Becoming a legend.

Compare the records of the two:

Bond P46 W16 D14 L16

Laws P13 W1 D1 L11

Bond actually got rid of Laws the player when he took over the Burnley job. Good to see that in the short time they did spend together, Bond passed on a few tips to Brian :lol:

Yep, they`ll be back to averaging 12k again :lol:

I reckon they'll be averaging about 15K next season, a few will still be clinging on to the bandwagon.

A bad season next season they will be back to 12000, It will be like the 'Dream' was just that!

I reckon they'll be averaging about 15K next season, a few will still be clinging on to the bandwagon.

A bad season next season they will be back to 12000, It will be like the 'Dream' was just that!

JR is just getting out of the shower

laugh.gif

(that was the last time the dingles had any sort of team)

• Backroom

Please bag a few more and shatter any confidence thy had left

only problem is there surely will be a managerial change now

Archived