BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

You would have to ask the question 'What is there attraction wise about Preston that would put them alongside either Manchester or Liverpool?'.

Being unfortunate enough to work in the place I can honestly say that the only good thing about Preston is the m6 that passes by and the A6 that passes through it.

Shopping wise - POOR

Attraction wise - POOR

Entertainment wise - POOR

But I suppose there are things that might attract individuals.

If you fancy a good old fight on a weekend then Preston has its fair share of idiots who appear to despise visitors so you can guarantee a punch up of some sort.

There is easy access to the lesser things in life like ugly prostitutes arounde Fletcher Road and dumpdale, plenty of options for food poisoning and other diseases from the nunmerous fast food outlets whilst if you fancied some of the narcotics that you find illegally on sale they are readily available.

Preston is simply an awful place and I feel sorry that the better quality housing and good living people are all bordered by scum holes that blight the Preston landscape.

While I agree with a lot of this, Preston does actually have some decent restaurants now. Properly decent ones that serve very good food. Most of them are on the A6 heading north out of Preston...

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warrington will be the third town/city/economic centre of the North West within 10 years; if it isn't already. Preston has a university and is the last part of the urban North West before the Lake District, other strategic advantages are matched or bettered.

You would have to ask the question 'What is there attraction wise about Preston that would put them alongside either Manchester or Liverpool?'.

Being unfortunate enough to work in the place I can honestly say that the only good thing about Preston is the m6 that passes by and the A6 that passes through it.

Shopping wise - POOR

Attraction wise - POOR

If you fancy a good old fight on a weekend then Preston has its fair share of idiots who appear to despise visitors so you can guarantee a punch up of some sort.

There is easy access to the lesser things in life like ugly prostitutes arounde Fletcher Road and dumpdale, plenty of options for food poisoning and other diseases from the nunmerous fast food outlets whilst if you fancied some of the narcotics that you find illegally on sale they are readily available.

Preston is simply an awful place and I feel sorry that the better quality housing and good living people are all bordered by scum holes that blight the Preston landscape.

Be interesting to hear your opinion of Blackburn these days. :unsure:

Last time I went out in Blackburn it was an awful night out, full of wannabe chavs and I suppose the only good thing about was the curry at the end of the night.

Shopping wise its another nono, even the market has gone downhill.

As for attractions, we have the temple that is Ewood, the cathedral (a real one that is), whilst one can always nip to darren Tower for a walk.

It is really nothing better than Preston, accy,bumley or any of the other town centres, a lack of investment, poor management and the recession has seen to that.

Shopping wise - POOR

Attraction wise - POOR

I did see a seal basking in the sun on the River Ribble about 3 years ago, no more than a 2 minute walk from the centre of Preston. But the vision was spoilt by 2 chavs throwing rocks at it!

Be interesting to hear your opinion of Blackburn these days. :unsure:

I was there about a month ago. Stayed in Manchester but took the train in Monday morning when my uncle was sleeping off a night of heavy drinking. Walked from the train station to Ewood and back again. Should have taken a cab, but the weather was nice and I needed the exercise.

Spoke with more than a few people for directions to Ewood. All of them were very nice.

Way too much litter along the banks of the "Blackburn River" (unsure of the name of the stream). Some garbage in it also, though the water looked clean and some older gentlemen looked to be fishing.

I didn't see any "chavs", which may be a result of the early hour (I was there from 9 am to 1 pm). A youngish looking man got me back on the road and heading to Ewood when I cut off to follow the river bank. Seemed like I was heading into an apartment area and he gave decent enough directions to get me back on the road.

At Ewood the clerk was polite. When he asked, I hated to admit that America is not overflowing with Blackburn fans.

Had lunch at a place called the Postal Order. Food was hot and the beer cold, so no complaints.

All said, I think the town of Blackburn could be a beautiful area. It needs to be cleaned-upped and needs some decent business. Whatever passes for a town council should be cutting massive breaks to get business in, assuming they have the same degree of local autonomy we have here in Arizona.

I'll definetly be back in a year or two. Will probably bring one of the kids then too. Hopefully will be able to catch a game or three at Ewood.

Burnleys problem is this, whatever level any of us has played at, well I definately at 5 - 0 down would have been kicking lumps out of the opposition, at full time, Burnley had not recieved one yellow card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here is Leon Corts record, a bloody Centre Back for Christs sake!

'The most remarkable statistic of Cort's career is his record of cards. Cort was last given a yellow card in one of his last outings for Southend in April 2004, and has not been booked or sent off in any of the over 150 competitive games he has featured in for Southend, Hull, Palace and Stoke since then.'

You get a yellow for looking with intent nowadays, what is he a bloody woman?

Burnleys problem is this, whatever level any of us has played at, well I definately at 5 - 0 down would have been kicking lumps out of the opposition, at full time, Burnley had not recieved one yellow card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here is Leon Corts record, a bloody Centre Back for Christs sake!

'The most remarkable statistic of Cort's career is his record of cards. Cort was last given a yellow card in one of his last outings for Southend in April 2004, and has not been booked or sent off in any of the over 150 competitive games he has featured in for Southend, Hull, Palace and Stoke since then.'

You get a yellow for looking with intent nowadays, what is he a bloody woman?

see my more accurate post the other day:

according to burnley's official site

Cort's last booking came in August 2009, but prior to that he had not been booked or sent off since April 2004, a run of over 150 competitive games!

is it any wonder they can't defend when their centre back has a record like that? bookings aren't to be encouraged, but given how poorly he's played for them you'd imagine he might have miss-timed a few challenges. same goes for the last 6 years for the other clubs he's played for.

Burnley have shown that the cheap option (i.e. Laws) can sometimes cost you too much. Think of the out of work managers that could have gone in, people like Curbishley for example, and they pick someone who has managed to get Sheffield Wednesday into yet another relegation battle in the 1st division. Hopefully Brian will get the time to 'prove' himself. Or Paul Ince gets a telegraph from Turf Moor.

Burnley manager Brian Laws is on the brink of being sacked, barely three months after he was appointed at Turf Moor, following a run of only one win in 14 games.

Full story: Daily Mail

Laws was on a hiding to nothing when he got the job. Coyle's departure took the wind out of their sails. He had them working as a unit and the players believed in him. Unfortunately the players' lack of ability showed once teams worked them out.

It doesn't help that he's a bit of a hot head. Shouting and screaming at lads who know that they are doomed won't make them play any better.

I for one would rather Burnley stay up, a great game 2 times a season, 6 points, and more local teams in the league.

it's unlikely but it's not impossible we could double their points tally. if they don't get anymore points (don't think that will happen) and we get two wins we'll have done it. now that would be good.

I really feel that if Hull win on Saturday, then thats the end for Burnley, I think Hull will be up for the fight more, depends if Burnley players are hurt and respond to the City game, problem is, it does look as though Laws has lost the dressing room, Blake had a blazing row with him at half time last week, Bikey is well p***** off and one or two others far from happy!!

Plus the fact I have heard of three players already on their way to Bolton and Everton in the summer. (Mears, Fletcher Bolton and Eagles to Everton)

It'll also come down to dopey Dowie. Rumoured team is;

Myhill,

McShane, Mouyokolo, Sonko, Dawson,

Marney, Bullard, Boateng, Kilbane,

Altidore, Fagan.

Burnley get caught out by pace - Dowie picks the slowest player in the Premier League to play as a 'left-winger'. Fagan is much better on the wing, as he can't score as a striker. This may be wrong, as Dowie seems to play a worse team and likes to pick Folan and play McShane at cenre-back!

Yet he leaves; Geovanni, Olofinjana, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Cairney & Ghilas on the bench or not in the squad at all.

Dowie was told he'd get a £1mill bonus for keeping Hull City up - my dad said it's daft as he has no connections with the club - the dodgy 2 from West Ham could easily offer him £2mill to make sure the team is relegated - what would it matter to him?

Archived