BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hodilays!

Sorry cant help bud but if I was going Florida next week I'd be trying to avoid Rovers stuff ha

Cant wait to go back

Haha tell me about it. Weather is meant to be bad on saturday though (although still 33 degrees!) so I thought I may as well catch us if anywhere is showing it. Not sure the gf will agree though!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha tell me about it. Weather is meant to be bad on saturday though (although still 33 degrees!) so I thought I may as well catch us if anywhere is showing it. Not sure the gf will agree though!

Ask at your hotel. Orlando is riddled with Brits so there will be plenty of places.

A quick search produced this place; Pub

Anyone any good ideas on what to do in Kuala Lumpur for a couple of days.

I went to KL a couple of years ago and stayed in Chinatown. We were on a shoestring but there are a couple of good hotels round there too.

I'd highly recommend getting up to the Batu Caves. It's a really impressive temple area with some very mischievous monkeys.

Also you can spend a day in Lake Gardens Park. It's right in the city centre but feels like a dense jungle full of birds and snakes. The Art museum is great for a hour or two if it starts bucketing it down

Take a look at the Petronas towers but paying to go up to the skywalk wasn't all that impressive.

I went to KL a couple of years ago and stayed in Chinatown. We were on a shoestring but there are a couple of good hotels round there too.

I'd highly recommend getting up to the Batu Caves. It's a really impressive temple area with some very mischievous monkeys.

Also you can spend a day in Lake Gardens Park. It's right in the city centre but feels like a dense jungle full of birds and snakes. The Art museum is great for a hour or two if it starts bucketing it down

Take a look at the Petronas towers but paying to go up to the skywalk wasn't all that impressive.

Cheers ultrablue really looking forward to going now.

kidnap kean and leave him there?

Is there a plane big enough.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to book a resort in Boracay. Can anyone recommend a place or give some advice. Tripadvisor seems to rank them all pretty much the same.

In my Backpacking days several years ago now I toured the Philipines..Dont know when you wish to go but beware Typhoon season which is coming up...Visited there and next door Kalibo one January.Theres was a massive colourful carnival on then .. Chocolate Hills and the perfect shape Mount Mayon Volcano are worth visiting in that part of the Philipines

Really just after somewhere with a bit of sun, all inclusive but near a few restaurants as well in a nice area.

Hmmm restaurants / bars near all inclusive hotels are becoming an endangered species.

I've only done two all inclusives, the first was years ago and the second a golf trip to Belek so I might be being unfair but I bloody hate em. In fact I'd rather stay at home. I suffered watered down beer and godawful spirits which had obviously been decanted into 'named' bottles, screaming ill mannered kids behaving disgracefully, everyone clad in Primark's finest tatt and me'n erindoors appeared to be the only people there without a scummy tattoo.

Sharm El Sheik!! Filthy bloody place. I'll never go there again! Full of bloody Russians! Give me a pool area full of boxheads every time. (Truth is to generalise and despite our history of conflict I don't particularly dislike that lot.) Unless snorkelling in tropical waters is your thing avoid this place like the plague.... Oh and we weren't in that dreadful Naama Bay area either.

Find a nice place Tom and go for less time. Don't take the lad anywhere hot in July Aug and rem the shortest flight is invariably the best flight and wherever you go it's the same sun.

For the p1ssheads on here..... I'd recommend 'Uncle Jack's bar somewhere in Cambodia. Cheap as chips I believe! For more details contact waggy. :tu:

All inclusive didn't really bother me, half board was always enough. The Lad ? try and remember the holiday is as much for him as you, when we took titch to Spain we found a hotel which was family based and had a great kid's club.

Went to the Taurus Park in Pineda, only two hours on the plane and had a great time.

Echo Gordon's sentiments on boxheads, I found the Germans pretty amicable. It's the Brits you have to avoid !

P.S. For a young family Primark 'Tatt' is brill for the holidays :tu:

• Backroom

Heading to Shanghai for 10days in mid-July. Anybody have some sound advice? In terms of sights, I'll be going to the F1 circuit and their footy stadium. Any restaurant recommendations or sights a little further out, but easy to get to?

• Backroom

Hmmm restaurants / bars near all inclusive hotels are becoming an endangered species.

I've only done two all inclusives, the first was years ago and the second a golf trip to Belek so I might be being unfair but I bloody hate em. In fact I'd rather stay at home. I suffered watered down beer and godawful spirits which had obviously been decanted into 'named' bottles, screaming ill mannered kids behaving disgracefully, everyone clad in Primark's finest tatt and me'n erindoors appeared to be the only people there without a scummy tattoo.

Sharm El Sheik!! Filthy bloody place. I'll never go there again! Full of bloody Russians! Give me a pool area full of boxheads every time. (Truth is to generalise and despite our history of conflict I don't particularly dislike that lot.) Unless snorkelling in tropical waters is your thing avoid this place like the plague.... Oh and we weren't in that dreadful Naama Bay area either.

Find a nice place Tom and go for less time. Don't take the lad anywhere hot in July Aug and rem the shortest flight is invariably the best flight and wherever you go it's the same sun.

For the p1ssheads on here..... I'd recommend 'Uncle Jack's bar somewhere in Cambodia. Cheap as chips I believe! For more details contact waggy. :tu:

Ah but the thing is Theno I will have a kid - possibly screaming, probably be in primark and have said scummy tattoos :P

We are just doing a few nights at Disneyland Paris in September

Rationale being the flight is a short as can be expected so a good tester and he likes to be on the move a lot so pool holiday won't suit him just now. He does like swimming though so we are booked in a nice hotel with an indoor and outdoor pool.

We won't be doing much in terms of rides etc but we are both big fans of the disney Parks so will be a nice taster for when we go back to Florida in a few years

Main problem is I bloody hate Cdg airport its horrible

i have paid off my holiday in benidorm in august, love it, best holiday destination on the planet in my opinion, i have been to the likes of canada, america, egypt, ireland but benidorm is the most laidback and relaxing resort i have been to, cant wait to land at alicante airport.

All inclusive didn't really bother me, half board was always enough. The Lad ? try and remember the holiday is as much for him as you, when we took titch to Spain we found a hotel which was family based and had a great kid's club.

Went to the Taurus Park in Pineda, only two hours on the plane and had a great time.

Echo Gordon's sentiments on boxheads, I found the Germans pretty amicable. It's the Brits you have to avoid !

P.S. For a young family Primark 'Tatt' is brill for the holidays :tu:

Strange how places change. I went to the Taurus Park, granted 30 years ago and it was so bad that everybody was eating at Pepe's bar across the road and a guy was doing a roaring trade in T shirts with "PEPE'S BAR IS MAGIC, TAURUS PARK IS TRAGIC" printed on them.

To be honest the crispy chicken and chips at Pepe's really was magic and the food at the Taurus Park was worse than tragic.

Strange how places change. I went to the Taurus Park, granted 30 years ago and it was so bad that everybody was eating at Pepe's bar across the road and a guy was doing a roaring trade in T shirts with "PEPE'S BAR IS MAGIC, TAURUS PARK IS TRAGIC" printed on them.

To be honest the crispy chicken and chips at Pepe's really was magic and the food at the Taurus Park was worse than tragic.

It was great when we went, obviously they have got their act together. When we went it was a Golden Hotels site, it was ace.

Most of the reviews are good > http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g644329-d291001-Reviews-Golden_Taurus_Park_Resort-Pineda_de_Mar_Catalonia.html

You'll always get one though who probably wanted the Waldorf Astoria for very little money.

I'm off to Barcelona in a couple of weeks with the missus, obviously the Nou camp tour is on the cards, any other recommendations from the learned and wise on here would be most helpful, additionally we are off for a long weekend to Dublin in August again any advice gratefully received

Regards all

I'm off to Barcelona in a couple of weeks with the missus, obviously the Nou camp tour is on the cards, any other recommendations from the learned and wise on here would be most helpful, additionally we are off for a long weekend to Dublin in August again any advice gratefully received

Regards all

Montjuic with the Olympic stadium the exhibition centre and Fondacion Miro. Cable Car across the harbour, the beach side bars in Barcelonette.

The Barrio Gotica with its narrow streets and the Picasso Museum- a must. The Maritime Museum. The most beautiful concert hall in the world in the Palau de la Musica Catalana- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palau_de_la_M%C3%BAsica_Catalana. Walk the Ramblas and the squares off it, walk round the incredibly elegant Exeimple. Do the Gaudi- Sagria Familiale and Parc Guel. Blue Tram to Tibidabo. Don't know if the Zoo still has the albino gorilla.

It is a city for walking round- be prepared to do at least a dozen miles a day.

For a trip out of the city, go to Montserat.

Montjuic with the Olympic stadium the exhibition centre and Fondacion Miro. Cable Car across the harbour, the beach side bars in Barcelonette.

The Barrio Gotica with its narrow streets and the Picasso Museum- a must. The Maritime Museum. The most beautiful concert hall in the world in the Palau de la Musica Catalana- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palau_de_la_M%C3%BAsica_Catalana. Walk the Ramblas and the squares off it, walk round the incredibly elegant Exeimple. Do the Gaudi- Sagria Familiale and Parc Guel. Blue Tram to Tibidabo. Don't know if the Zoo still has the albino gorilla.

It is a city for walking round- be prepared to do at least a dozen miles a day.

For a trip out of the city, go to Montserat.

Thanks philip, however I may have hit a slight hitch, the organisers today sent me an email saying the hotel on the Ramblas that we had booked was unavailable and that we were now booked into another hotel in Calella, I told them to fekk off, so waiting for a refund and will rebook, your advice is much appreciated although I am now unsure if I will be able to put it to use.

Cheers

hotel on the Ramblas that we had booked was unavailable and that we were now booked into another hotel in Calella, I told them to fekk off

Mums fella used to live in Calella - its nothing special so dont take 2nd best.

Stayed there when it was the United v Munich final too - that was a good week to be there.

Regards all

Read the whole thread before replying

Am off to Poland in 2 weeks :D

Got 1 ticket for each stadium so pretty happy with that, including Ireland vs Spain and Ireland vs Italy.

Glad I decided to go to Poland and not Ukraine like my brother whose going to probably be sleeping in a car half the time because there's nowhere better to stay.

Archived