BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal Preview

Eddie

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good preview eddie but just one thing to note, almunia didn't play in the 2-1 win last season. It was fabianski in goal which is why we crowded him as he looked weak on coming for crosses.

You're right, forgot about that...they aren't much better with Almunia in goal though.

I groaned when I realized I'll be in Las Vegas this coming weekend...then I remembered there is no concept of time of day whatsoever in that city.

Game will be on ESPN2 at 4:45 am local time. May just stay out on Friday night, then abandon the friends of mine who will be tagging along so I can go back to the hotel in time for kickoff and watch it before I crash.

2-1 good guys. Kalinic double.

• Backroom

A 1-1 would be a great result. Grella should play if fit and do what he can to disrupt the game.

Like it or not set pieces and therefore pedersen will be vital to our game.

The main decision is who gets the nod between the two front men and I'm glad that's not decision to make. Won't be both that's for sure.

We'll win, 2-1. Wenger needs something to moan about.

And I think Sam will play a 4-4-2, with Kalinic and Mame up front. Just to screw with Arsenal minds, which expect and probably have trained to deal with something a bit more defensive.

The way Arsenal carry on as soon as an opposition player breathes on them I find it not entirely unsurprising that their opponents went down to ten men in each of their opening two PL fixtures.

Hoping we don't make it an unwanted hat trick. If it stays eleven v eleven it should be a very good game.

Can't see Linganzi making his first start (or did he start against Villa last game of last season) against Arsenal in a league game. Jones is a possibility, otherwise likely Grella (assuming, massively assuming he got through last night ok).

Robinson

Salgado Samba Jones Givet

EH Diouf Grella NZonzi Pedersen Olsson

Kalinic

Think Mame will come on around minute 60 or so, doesn't have the body for a full 90 minutes against Arsenal (not that Niko does either mind you). Grella's spot will go to Emerton I think as a backup. Don't see Hoilett starting. Could play a 4-4-1-1 with Pedersen in the hole too.

Bench would be:

Bunn, Chimbonda, Nelsen, Emerton, Linganzi, Hoilett, MB Diouf

I agree with that mostly, but Nelsen won't be dropped. Most likely Jones alongside NZonzi in CM with Ped floating behind Niko.

Hi

Coming over from Norway for this game along with 14 other.

Somebody know if the Supporterstore(one rovers) will be open after the game? and for how long? early KO so i hope so.

Come on Rovers

Will be open till 5pm i assume mate, hope you all enjoy the game. :rover:

If we play 4-4-2 we'll get held down & prison shamed. 4-5-1 to start & see how it goes.

Arsenal have pace all over the pitch, giving them any space in our half will be suicide.

Their keeper's dodgy to long range shots (as is Robinson) & their central defence is iffy as well.

1-3

If we play 4-4-2 we'll get held down & prison shamed. 4-5-1 to start & see how it goes.

Arsenal have pace all over the pitch, giving them any space in our half will be suicide.

Their keeper's dodgy to long range shots (as is Robinson) & their central defence is iffy as well.

1-3

Well said, their weakness is whoever is next to Vermaelen at CB, as well as the goalie (unless they sign Schwarzer in time). Play the same way as we did last year and for god's sake watch out for their pacy wingers!

Hi

Coming over from Norway for this game along with 14 other.

Somebody know if the Supporterstore(one rovers) will be open after the game? and for how long? early KO so i hope so.

Come on Rovers

Both should be open until about 5pm, but im not 100%

Lord do I hate Arsenal. The same pathetic whining year after year. I had to watch that clip of Todd elbowing Van Persie in the face to make myself relax.

I too hate Wenger's usual moan after the game, but I hate newspapers much more. Arshavin says nothing about revenge for our physical approach, just revenge for defeat. It's the Daily Mail appealing to their nancy-boy armchair football observers named Alfie and Ollie that continue to make the conection between us and 'thuggery'.

Rovers to scrape 1-0 with an early goal from Nzonzi

As we are telly, can we make an effort to sing "Burnley bstards Burnley bstards can you hear us on the box? Can you hear us on the box?"

Always liked that song.

Best goals in this fixture going back over the years.

1. Alan Shearer 1992. Kung foo all over Jimmy Carter, surging run and a wallop into Boulds (?) ankle and looped into the back of the net. Cue BBE meltdown.

2. Tugay 2003. Defending champions Arsenal arrive at a packed Ewood looking to avenge an earlier defeat at Highbury. Tugay afforded far too much space outside the box and rams it in the bottom corner at the Darwen End, to complete a memorable 2-0 win a secure the double over Wengers side.

3. MGP 2006. Craig Bellamy wide right attacking the Darwen End completely bamboozles full back, burns him off with searing pace and crosses to the near post where MGP bravely lunges and makes contact sending the ball past the keeper-cue DE meltdown. MGP badly bruised in scoring. Good lad.

Too many paggerings over the years-need to serve some back.

I note from reading the Norwegian supporters' site that they intend meeting in Ewood Arms before the game. Is it still shut? If so, I'll recommend the Fox and Hounds. Anyone know?

Yep, Ewood Arms is shut. Fox and Hounds and Aqueduct are available closest to the ground.

I think Uncle Jack's at Lower Darwen is by far the nicest Pub in the area but it's a fairly long walk to the ground.

Archived