BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking about managers quitting/ being under-pressure....who goes 1st? Moyes, Manchini, Roy or Grant??

Liverpool can't really afford to sack Roy, and he must have a measure of protection from last season's exploits - both his and Liverpool's.

Moyes I think is fairly bullit-proof after numerous successful seasons. I seem to recall he had a bad season early on in his everton tenure (possibly his second season) and he stayed, so after a few more good seasons - although not on the shoe-string budget everyone claims - I can't see it happening.

Manchini - definately. City seem rather trigger happy.

Grant - who knows with Wham's directors? Having just come in the summer, and due to a lack of possible candidates I can see him staying too.

However football, especially regarding management, often defies logic. So maybe the four of them aren't as safe as I'd have thought. The other name into the hat would be Pullis - apparently there's a lot of discontent at Stoke at the moment, from the players to the fans. A few bad results and if the board think he's lost the dressing room I can see Pullis leaving.

Amir Khan just threatened to knock out Stroke Boy on Soccer Am.

Best part of that was Khan claiming Maidana's trainer doesn't speak English. Yet another example of Stroke Boy simply making up contact that he has with people.

Reading the reports from other games raised a number of interesting-ish things.

As others have stated Arsenal are intent on putting the arse back into arsenal - good to see wenger has got across all his footballing philosophies to his team including his graciousness in defeat.

Incidently along with West Ham winning and Wigan's point some of the favourites to go down are putting up a bit of a fight. Early days but all three teams don't look in the mire - far from it. I'm sure a lot of teams will be a tad nervous at these performances.

No one has told the referees that Liverpool are no longer a big club and should not get all the rediculous decisions their way. Their first goal seems utterly stupid to give and according to the bbc report gerrard only got booked for elbowing one of the sunderland players. Shocking bias refereeing - were they deliberatly trying to make up for the beach ball incident last year? Not to worry though Liverpool are doing a good enough job of mucking things up despite the referee's help.

Tottenham as many predicted don't have the team for a regular 2 game a week season - unlikely to challenge for 4th with losses like this one. Shame :rolleyes:

Not too sure what to make of City's win over Chelsea. Think City will probably slip up where they shouldn't and undo the good work here but wins like this show they're heading in the right direction. Mind you so they should with the money they've invested.

No one has told the referees that Liverpool are no longer a big club and should not get all the rediculous decisions their way. Their first goal seems utterly stupid to give and according to the bbc report gerrard only got booked for elbowing one of the sunderland players. Shocking bias refereeing - were they deliberatly trying to make up for the beach ball incident last year? Not to worry though Liverpool are doing a good enough job of mucking things up despite the referee's help.

To be fair to the ref the first goal was as much Turner and Brambles fault as his. Turner stopped the ball and knocked it back when the ref instructed him to resume play.

To be fair to the ref the first goal was as much Turner and Brambles fault as his. Turner stopped the ball and knocked it back when the ref instructed him to resume play.

I've seen the incident but on a small low-res picture. It doesn't look as though Turner meant to play the ball to restart play. What doesn't help is that the Sunderland keeper appeals then desperately tries to stop the 'goal'. That might have pursuaded the ref that it was legit. Had the Sunderland keeper appealed and just stood to one side I bet the ref would have blown.

However if Bruce is correct and the actual foul happened 10 or 15 yards away from where Turner 'took' the free kick from then it should have been retaken for that reason alone. In that case the ref had a perfect chance to just use common sense.

How much did Brom pay for Peter Odemwingie? surely it cant have been that much, we mess about looking for strikers all summer and this guy and Piquionne playing some real good stuff at the minute, we really did take a gamble not singing anyone waiting for a takeover that does'nt seem forthcoming.

January's going to be an expensive month for the trust if we have'nt been tookover by then because a lot of our rivals picked up some decent buys.

Understandable really. The club would still survive, the debts all finished with and they start again. Though by selling players, which would also be inevitible as they could not afford to pay them, they would have funds. They would still have the fan base as it is more of a tradition on mersyside. I think if rovers ever had to go into administration, there would be no hope of a revival from the ashes.

Whjile Bolton are on topic a massive big thumbs up to Bolton Wanderers.

By not allowing a further 3000 manku fans iunto the upper tiers becuase they refuse to sit down is the way ahead for every club. I accept there will always be occasions when fans stand, we had that at bloomfield yesterday but due to the lackof vision it is understandable in that temporary stand.

Rovers should follow suit, give them the lower tier right hand side only and let Rovers fans above them.

Whjile Bolton are on topic a massive big thumbs up to Bolton Wanderers.

By not allowing a further 3000 manku fans iunto the upper tiers becuase they refuse to sit down is the way ahead for every club. I accept there will always be occasions when fans stand, we had that at bloomfield yesterday but due to the lackof vision it is understandable in that temporary stand.

Rovers should follow suit, give them the lower tier right hand side only and let Rovers fans above them.

No. Bleed them dry. We need the money.

Archived