BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool losing...

chocky

Losing 1-0 to Blackpool..I know the game's not over yet but will they struggle to finish in the top half this season?. I think Roy Hodgson has made a bad mistake going to Liverpool at this time. He had a better job at Fulham even though Liverpool is a bigger club.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.5m spent in the summer, a few none disclosed, a freebie or two and a few championship players amazing.

Kop booing them off at H/T.

OH! dear how the mighty have fallen.

On a + point barcodes and if L/Pool get beat makes our weekend look a whole lot better, League table wise. :D

Fair play to Blackpool, go to Anfield and attack and go 2-0 up. Fair play to Holloway. Sam take note.

Make them worry about us, lets attack them and give them something to worry about, that's the way to do it. Maybe Blackpool will go on a bad run eventually, but they go for everything and attack everybody.

On a Rovers related note, I'd happily swap Sam for Holloway now.

Blackpool know they are in the top flight for probably one season and possibly two at the most, so they may as well give it a go. Burnley did the same for a while, and Hull managed it for 2 seasons before they were found out. Rovers have been in the top flght for 16 of the past 18 seasons and I want it to stay that way, which means employing a manager who is pragmatic and looks to the longer term. I don't wish to divert the subject of this thread but it's throwaway comments like yours that are so aggravating and make no sense.

Blackpool know they are in the top flight for probably one season and possibly two at the most, so they may as well give it a go. Burnley did the same for a while, and Hull managed it for 2 seasons before they were found out. Rovers have been in the top flght for 16 of the past 18 seasons and I want it to stay that way, which means employing a manager who is pragmatic and looks to the longer term. I don't wish to divert the subject of this thread but it's throwaway comments like yours that are so aggravating and make no sense.

It's hardly a throwaway comment. I don't understand why you've mentioned Burnley, Coyle is doing well at Bolton and he adopted a similar style with them. I actually had Burnley and Coyle in mind when saying that about Holloway, the circumstances are very similar.

Holloway is the only manager I'd realistically swap Sam for, otherwise I still think he's the best man for the job for the reasons you pointed out.

Anyway, Blackpool are probably going to lose because Liverpool are all over them.

Liverpool aren't even a top four side anymore, it would hardly be suicide for a team like ours to take the game to them. Saying that, we didn't show an ounce of ambition at Stoke, so don't bank on it anytime soon.

Anyway, Blackpool are probably going to lose because Liverpool are all over them.

Is it still 1-2? I'm watching golf.

Regardless of the final result it's surely better to go out and have a real go like Blackpool do than just go out and try and scrape a point like we do.

Edit: And get beaten anyway.

Is it still 1-2? I'm watching golf.

Regardless of the final result it's surely better to go out and have a real go like Blackpool do than just go out and try and scrape a point like we do.

Edit: And get beaten anyway.

Still 2-1.

It's not one way traffic anymore, Blackpool might just do it. Hodgson took Poulsen off for Jovanovic and put Meireles in front of the defence, it took the wind out of Liverpool. Meireles was looking really dangerous going forward but now he's ineffective playing so deep, and Jovanovic has done nothing since coming on.

Looks like Liverpool have hired the same Woy we did.

• Backroom

Not sure why any of us should be happy Blackpool won that one. Yes it's amusing but it'll be them scrapping with us at the bottom come the end of the season, not Liverpool.

Exactly it's fun to see Liverpool lose but let's face it they will almost certainly finish above us whereas we could do with the likes of west brom and the lashers struggling.

So far my picks for relegation being Wigan and those two are picking up more points than expected.

Would that be the Blackpool that are currently two points ahead of us and already more one quarter of the way to their safety target after just seven games having already played Chelsea and Liverpool away?

Granted you would expect the season to take the toll on their squad, but points in the bank are points in the bank and like golddust this season.

Incidentally take the words I've highlighted in bold and add the words "without a takeover" and they could apply equally to us as Blackpool.

Yet you know Gerrard will play the blinder he usually has against us and they'll beat us.

Surprising that with a midfield as good as ours.

:unsure:

The BBC web site says:

"However, any notion that the Reds are in a false position was dispelled in the most part by a joyful Blackpool side, who blended a work-rate and commitment with some slick passing to celebrate a first win at Anfield since 1967.

There was a joie de vivre about Blackpool's play as they relished playing at Anfield for the first time since January 1971 and Adam had a powerful 20-yard free-kick blocked away by keeper Pepe Reina early on."

I've forgotten what its like to support a team whose players look like they're enjoying themselves.

Would that be the Blackpool that are currently two points ahead of us and already more one quarter of the way to their safety target after just seven games having already played Chelsea and Liverpool away?

Granted you would expect the season to take the toll on their squad, but points in the bank are points in the bank and like golddust this season.

Burnley were still playing well this time last season and I think they were also ahead of us in the league. If Blackpool finish the season ahead of us we will be relegated, and I do not expect that to happen.

Another thing to worry about is the Blackpool president is talking of throwing some money towards strengthening the Blackpool squad in January.

Something tells me they'll stay up this season and fair play to them on the result today. It might be a good time to play Liverpool at the moment but to win without compromising their philosophy on attacking football deserves great credit.

Burnley were still playing well this time last season and I think they were also ahead of us in the league. If Blackpool finish the season ahead of us we will be relegated, and I do not expect that to happen.

Same - spot on.

The amount of wind changing opinions that are found on here are amazing. Last week we beat them on their own patch, today they suprised a lacklustre team who are in real trouble...nothing amazing about that. Yes its great for them, but hardly the shock of the century.

Burnley had a great start last season - look at where they are now.

Archived