BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool losing...

chocky

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he thinks that passing it about nicely in the centre of the park before lumping the final ball into the box where an outnumbered Torres is always going to come off second best is playing well then Woy is really loosing the plot.

Not sure how he or anyone else can really think that it was a good performance today. There were so many things wrong with the performance. Everton fought harder, hurt pool with their chances, and looked dangerous when they got men forward. Liverpool lacked fight, were devoid of creativity and looked very fragile defensively.

Equally worrying was that Everton, to me, had a much stronger bench. And when you have to play Carragher - arguably the slowest player in the world - at rb, you know that there are problems in the squad.

Sadly it won't last forever. liverpool have enough quality still - Gerrard, Torres, Reina, Kuyt and that portugese lad in midfield - to stay up, and with new owners enough resources too. But whilst it lasts I'm going to enjoy it.

I only watched the first half of the Merseyside derby, but it was clear that Everton had Liverpool absolutely dominated. I think there's no point of even discussing how good or bad Liverpool was because, quite honestly, Everton just didn't give them a chance to breathe. Very convincing performance from a side that consistently underperforms at the start of the season. I used to seriously dislike Everton, but they have to be one of the most spirited teams in the league. Moyes has done a great job and he's built up a fantastic team there over the years.

Who's running the book on how long it'll be before Kenny takes over?

And that isn't a guarantee of success either. He went to Newcastle (despite him saying he wanted to leave Rovers because he missed Liverpool). Despite everything being in place for him, he made a right mess of it.

And he hasn't managed since.

I told you a couple of weeks ago that Hodgson was over rated. You disagreed and referred me to Fulham's "success" and our excellent football under him.

Quite agree Den--the rubbish he bought for us and the prices Jack had to pay beggar belief.

And that isn't a guarantee of success either. He went to Newcastle (despite him saying he wanted to leave Rovers because he missed Liverpool). Despite everything being in place for him, he made a right mess of it.

I agree. That would reek a bit of Kevin Keegan returning to Newcastle. He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Kenny did manage after Newcastle though, albeit for a short period of time. Dalglish had a brief spell in charge of Celtic in between John Barnes making a mess and Martin O'Neill arriving.

• Backroom

Quite agree Den--the rubbish he bought for us and the prices Jack had to pay beggar belief.

When you look at the amount we spent that season and the dross we bought in it is genuinely sickening. We spent nearly 20M (which in 1998 was no small sum) and got relegated. Ashley Ward, Christian Dailly, Nathan Blake, Lee Carsley, Darren Peacock, Kevie Davies were all brought in and did nothing but help us go down. Okay, Davies became a good player a few years later, but at the time he was nowhere near the 7.5M we paid for him. 5.2M for Dailly was shameful as well.

Roy seems like a nice guy, but part of me will never forgive him for wasting Jack's money so obscenely and contributing to us being in the First Division when Jack passed. He may or may not have improved as a manager since he was with us, but there are enough parrellels between Roy at Liverpool now and Roy with us in 1998 to provide plenty of valid concerns for Liverpool fans. They're completely misguided in their desire to have Dalglish at the helm, though. If that's their solution then they'd be better off keeping Hodgson in charge.

Hodgson's name came to the fore as amanager who did well with the Swiss international team. It was because no-one had heard of him over here, that he hit the headlines at the time. It was an interesting story. As a club manager, he did well in Sweden and Denmark, but after a disappointing time as manager of Inter he moved over here and ultimately failed pretty quickly. Yes the early football with us was very good, but it fell apart rapidly with some awful, expensive signings.

He's out of his depth at Liverpool - so far at least.

With Arry yet to face the taxman and the FA insisting that the next national manager be English it seems the England job might be swinging Sams way. -_-

By all accounts, Carragher and Steeeeevie Gee helped pushed Rafa out the door and are probably pulling Woy's strings an all.

Reminds me very much of the 'player power' issues we had with Sherwood et al in the late 90s.

We all know how that turned out.

When you look at the amount we spent that season and the dross we bought in it is genuinely sickening. We spent nearly 20M (which in 1998 was no small sum) and got relegated. Ashley Ward, Christian Dailly, Nathan Blake, Lee Carsley, Darren Peacock, Kevie Davies were all brought in and did nothing but help us go down. Okay, Davies became a good player a few years later, but at the time he was nowhere near the 7.5M we paid for him. 5.2M for Dailly was shameful as well.

True, but Ward & Carsley were Kidd's signings.

• Backroom

True, but Ward & Carsley were Kidd's signings.

Yeah, that's a good point, but how did Kidd get the job anyway? At the time we were still a fairly big Premier League team and still had Jack's money behind us... was Kidd really the only option available? :blink:

Yeah, that's a good point, but how did Kidd get the job anyway? At the time we were still a fairly big Premier League team and still had Jack's money behind us... was Kidd really the only option available? :blink:

I thought we would be safe under Kidd. We got off to an unbeaten start and even he got a goal out of DAVIES! Hey, I was young and naive. Kidd wasn't able to stop the rot, but at least he made some better signings than Woy.

Is Samba suspended for this game or the next home game? I remember something around 7 days after the red or something...!?

Hopefully Napoli can kick Gerrard tonight for us - make it much easier on sunday for us.

According to Radio Lancs a couple of days ago, Gerard will not be playing tonight.

Archived