BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

colin

Do it every week at ladbrokes....goal rush its called. Been 1 off about 5 times so far this season.

Basically you choose x number of games where you think both teams score at set odds. Choose 10 games (all 8 prems + Boro + QPR)...400/1 & stuck a tenner on it!

Well done fella. Can you spare a little of your winnings to buy BFS a book of football tactics? ;):rolleyes:

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do it every week at ladbrokes....goal rush its called. Been 1 off about 5 times so far this season.

Basically you choose x number of games where you think both teams score at set odds. Choose 10 games (all 8 prems + Boro + QPR)...400/1 & stuck a tenner on it!

Interesting.

I'll be doing that next week.

Well done.

What a shambles. No point going throught the goals as this game was lost before they got off the coach.

Obviously our players aren't as good but fitness, effort, attitude, organisation and focus come for free, and we were humiliated on all these attributes. Difficult to beat my arse.

No doubt Allardyce will be lambasting the players in a short while. But dropping Hoillet? Emerton on the right? We all knew 5 years ago he's not up to that. Houlon - wtf was that? He looked like a Jim'll Fix It winner, I've never seen a debutant look so out of place.

Fair do's to United. They didn't start taking the p!ss and their celebration at the end was suitably muted.

I dont care about Evertons result, what I care about is how we can be so bad after a good run of form.

Im afraid a result like that is simply not good enough, you cant send players out at old trafford with that mindset, I thought our heavy defeats were behind us after last year im ashamed to see that they are'nt.

You would'nt describe Sam as a motivational manager, he seems to inspire the players about as much as a reward of a cold bath shared with Samba.

Must have been watching a different game, Samba was shocking today, Nelsen not much better.

We urgently need a left back.

I saw a few challenges that could have been left if they had switched off completely, with all the action coming down the right hand side and nani taking on 2, 3 and sometimes 4 players before someone got a foot in as he walked through us like he was walking through a wheat field, i still think the central defenders were on a hiding to nothing and kept playing.. or trying to.

Congratulations Hughesy.

What was the bet?

If the Venky's wanted a reason or an excuse to get rid of Sam. He has just handed it to them on a plate. The Venky's may now say, lets have a complete fresh start.

Interesting comments before the game by Charlie Nickolas on sky. He spoke about Kentaro and the sen (who he says he is involved with) that they are well and truly involved in the takeover.

If we had played reasonably well and were beaten by moments of brilliance I don't see how as a fan you can complain much. If you show no heart, passion, desire or a fighting spirit and the opposition aren't made to fight for the win then I believe you have every right to ask questions and be angry.

Sums it up perfectly RVR. And when you look at Sam's approach to the so-called 'big' away fixtures in general it's been that defeatist approach which has hurt more than the result. Even when we've just taken a 7 goal drubbing.

:D

This has to be our worst Prem result ever. Any stattos out there can confirm?

You are correct brother.

Like I said last time we conceded 7 was on 2/10/1971 at Gay Meadow (minus a goalkeeper)

0-5 at Chelsea was the biggest loss up to now.

How did our local hero David Dunn perform today ?

He looks finished in my opinion. Unless he is performing at 100% he is a liability to the team, looks like last year was his 'Indian summer' and now his legs have gone.

What did Nicholas say?

They were all laughing at Mrs Desai's comments and according to them it showed her lack of football knowledge. Charlie then said that they have Kentaro/SEM (who he is with- Anderson represents Charlie Nicholas?) who do have knowledge of the game and will be there helping behind the scenes.

Sounds corny, but i know all the tv pundits say how clever it is that sam brackets his matches into those games -

We should try win

we can get try to get a point

we hold back and hope to get something from it

and that's sam's amazing philosophy to premier league safety, by concentrating on those matches we should win and those we can scrape a point from, but every time i hear this trotted out by trevor francis and other cheesey pundits its just kinda makes me cringe..

He looks finished in my opinion. Unless he is performing at 100% he is a liability to the team, looks like last year was his 'Indian summer' and now his legs have gone.

They were all laughing at Mrs Desai's comments and according to them it showed her lack of football knowledge. Charlie then said that they have Kentaro/SEM (who he is with- Anderson represents Charlie Nicholas?) who do have knowledge of the game and will be there helping behind the scenes.

Yes, SEM do manage Nicholas.

yes i did wonder if diof had slid into the manure goalie in what appeared to be a two footed lunge within 1 minute of the match starting whether he would have even managed to stay on the pitch, ignoring the obvious foul but to reward it with a goal was :s

First goal was definately a foul on the keeper.

Done by the ref at OT again.

We were never going to get a result today ..becasue we never try away at the top 4.

Ridiculous team selection doesn't help though.

This has been coming, the cumilation of some dire performances this season. What is most worrying though is that our defence is probably the strongest area of our team, yet they are making error after error. You could argue that is always likely to happen when the opposition generally have 65% of the possesion.

Should Sam be sacked on the back of this? - possibly. The new owners need to decide soon whether they feel he is the right person to achieve what they want. If he isn't then they need to decide before Christmas. No point giving him a transfer kitty if they feel he isn't the right person for the job.

From a PR point of view, you have to think Venkys owners will be spitting feathers tonight!!!

Sky have been laughing at the takeover ever since it came to light. Laughed when they heard it was chicken owners, at the £5 million transfer kitty.

Archived