BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

colin

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

silly question, but quite how can junior toilet be considered as "looking good"? Was that purely from a male model point of view?

Every time ive seen the lad he's either so fast his feet set off without the ball (perhaps he forgets it?), or his final delivery is worse than a blindfolded postman pat on crack.

he reminds me of that greek lad (donis??) who could run like greased lightning but crossed into row z every time, if thats promising id hate to see very average sadly.

Morris, jones, nelson and samba the only real players worth mentioning, rest should be made to walk home and reflect on the disaster. Id wouldnt trust chimbonda to get dressed without screwing it up today, did someone tie his laces to tight?

Strange as people can see games differently I guess

silly question, but quite how can junior toilet be considered as "looking good"? Was that purely from a male model point of view?

Every time ive seen the lad he's either so fast his feet set off without the ball (perhaps he forgets it?), or his final delivery is worse than a blindfolded postman pat on crack.

he reminds me of that greek lad (donis??) who could run like greased lightning but crossed into row z every time, if thats promising id hate to see very average sadly.

Morris, jones, nelson and samba the only real players worth mentioning, rest should be made to walk home and reflect on the disaster. Id wouldnt trust chimbonda to get dressed without screwing it up today, did someone tie his laces to tight?

It's Hoilett and he looks good because he has fast feet and he's quick. The end product isn't quite there yet, but it's getting there.

I can't argue with that to be fair. I would be a lot angrier at a home defeat to WBA.

I don't know how you could be any angrier than this. I think I'd probably combust.

Chimbonda needs a good shouting at, then throwing out of the dressing room and being told to make his own way home - and never to set foot on the pitch in blue and white ever again.

One of the most embarrassing, and truly diabolical displays I've ever seen from Rovers. And the worst of it is, it's to the Manc scum.

I know that this will be branded as a knee jerk post, but it really isn't.

Big Sam has to realise the way he sets his teams out away to 'Big Clubs' is totally ridiculous. He seems to write off 5 games a season- namely away to Utd, Liverpool, Chelski, Arsenal and Spuds. We do not compete in these matches; not through a lack of quality but through poor management- his record at Rovers away to these clubs is appalling and that is down to the fact we don't try to play any football in them. I have no issues in us losing- our team IS inferior and they are hard matches, but to capitulate from kick-off is pointless both literally and metaphorically. All we ask as fans is that we give ourselves a chance, and hoofing the ball to an isolated attacker is not going get us anywhere. These matches are routinely symptomatic of the failures of Big Sam's baseline tactic. It pains me greatly to watch it, knowing we are capable of- and do produce, much better football even against the so-called big clubs. The first half against Chelsea this season, for example, we were direct but dynamic and we gave them a game- is that too much to ask? The players can do it, and if we lose in spite of giving teams a game then so be it. Harking back to the Hughes era that is precisely what we did and it is so much more rewarding to know we tried. I, like every other Rovers fan, am appalled today. Not because Utd. have smashed us, but because we haven't tried. I hope this is a watershed, but sadly I fear it won't be- Big Sam has never and will never change his baseline tactics for 'unwinnable' games. I have never been hugely pro-Allardyce precisely because of this, bottom line IT DOES NOT WORK. I hope the club will apologise to the fans for this.

On the upside *I BET* we're first on MOTD tonight...

Oh my goodness, I've received a warning for censoring my own swear words :blush:

So now we aren't allowed to not swear, but suggest that off the board we feel like swearing?

But yet I'm allowed to say ffs?

Edit: Ignore me just annoyed with the result :angry:

Must have been watching a different game, Samba was shocking today, Nelsen not much better.

We urgently need a left back.

Congratulations Hughesy.

What was the bet?

Do it every week at ladbrokes....goal rush its called. Been 1 off about 5 times so far this season.

Basically you choose x number of games where you think both teams score at set odds. Choose 10 games (all 8 prems + Boro + QPR)...400/1 & stuck a tenner on it!

Oh my goodness, I've received a warning for censoring my own swear words :blush:

So now we aren't allowed to not swear, but suggest that off the board we feel like swearing?

But yet I'm allowed to say ffs?

Edit: Ignore me just annoyed with the result :angry:

You're also not allowed to use asterisks, or use words that look almost exactly like 'decking' or 'cooking' but both start with 'F'. I've got two warnings, one for each.

Sad thing is I'm not actually that fussed.

We took so many bashings off teh big teams last season it's no surprise.

If we had played reasonably well and were beaten by moments of brilliance I don't see how as a fan you can complain much. If you show no heart, passion, desire or a fighting spirit and the opposition aren't made to fight for the win then I believe you have every right to ask questions and be angry.

The performance hurts and angers me more than the actual result.

Archived