BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

colin

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my money he actually passed it forward regularly which is more than Nzonzi can do. Anyway half an hours football is not enough for a judgement, but I think he could be an asset.

Are you his friend or something? He didn't make it lower league and he won't here.

The only Rovers player you didnt see on MOTD was Roberts, did Rovers ever manage to pass the ball to him as all you saw was time and time again Dunny and co. running backwards, trying to catch up with the United players who were generally ten yards ahead of them and running faster.

About three times, at which point he arsed into the defender trying to get a free kick. Must've been a terrible game for him.

I'm not going to watch it again, once was horrific enough. I hope the players are completely embarrassed about their performance, because everyone who had to sit through it is. I don't go to OT expecting much in the way of a result, but I do at least expect us to compete in the game :(

The players and manager will be hurt by today and will put it right next weekend.

The only good that can come from being horsed like that, is that the players wake up tomorrow mad as fookin hell and spend the rest of the season

running through brick walls to put it right.

If they wake up tomorrow, shrug their shoulders and creosote the garden fence we're farked.

Sit down behave and stop singing 2 pounds an hour, or munich chants then.

Blue Brigade roolz..

Sang none of those chants, so pipe down with that attitude. To accuse someone of Munich chants is a bit of an insult, I find the song offensive and in bad taste.

I actually got kicked out for protesting at stewards blocking my view for large periods, standing in front of me kicking people out for very little.

34 arrests I've heard too, largely for feck all.

Oh here we go, I sit in the Darwen End so you assume I'm a spotty chav. Travelled 6 hours each way to go to the game today, so don't appreciate your tone.

Bad result certainly but coming after 3 wins in 4 games and a cracking performance last week the reactions on here are way over the top.

The players and manager will be hurt by today and will put it right next weekend.

FFS we've just been dicked by 7 (even at your tender age you can't have witnessed that very often , if at all) and you're putting a positive spin on it!!!

The main problem today was not the formation or the personnel it was the fact we were 5 yards slower all over the pitch and looked totally unfit. For a manager whose attention to detail and preparation is, supposedly 2nd to none, this is hard to accept.

I don't need to watch fancy tricks, raking passes, intricate play or total football but the absolute minimum that I expect is for the players that pull on the shirt to be as fit as they can be and motivated to play well. How bloody wrong can you be.

Abysmal.

• Backroom

Sit down behave and stop singing 2 pounds an hour, or munich chants then.

Blue Brigade roolz..

Off topic but I hate that chant it epitomises pathetic.

Anyway do we know if Goulon was injued or Sam just thought he was bad?

Did Linganzi do relatively OK given the circumstances?

FFS we've just been dicked by 7 (even at your tender age you can't have witnessed that very often , if at all) and you're putting a positive spin on it!!!

The main problem today was not the formation or the personnel it was the fact we were 5 yards slower all over the pitch and looked totally unfit. For a manager whose attention to detail and preparation is, supposedly 2nd to none, this is hard to accept.

I don't need to watch fancy tricks, raking passes, intricate play or total football but the absolute minimum that I expect is for the players that pull on the shirt to be as fit as they can be and motivated to play well. How bloody wrong can you be.

Abysmal.

Conceding 7 goals hurts but try to keep a sense of perspective. For some reason the players were way off the pace from the first whistle while United were on top form. A few teams have suffered heavy defeats this season and bounced back - West Brom in particular - but if you want to slit your throat over this one match please carry on..

Off topic but I hate that chant it epitomises pathetic.

Anyway do we know if Goulon was injued or Sam just thought he was bad?

Did Linganzi do relatively OK given the circumstances?

Agreed, chavvy and cringeworthy. A lot who sing it look like they'd struggle to find work too!

Still waiting for Ste to apologise for accusing me of singing Munich songs, without ever meeting me! Its a vile song

At least Vinjay is happy

Yep! really happy:

"Well I've only seen Saxo1man be pathetic enough to laugh at me so far. I'm surprised its only so few. He once accused me of hating Rovers fans when contempt would be more accurate. Believe me after what he posted earlier if I hated Rovers fans it would be justified.

I wasn't going to say anything for a while. Thought I deserved a break from the boards after the takeover was completed. Well I've changed my mind.

Public horsewhipping wouldn't be good enough to make up for what I endured today. I know some of you are upset (not as upset as you ought to be) but multiply that by a significant number and you might understand how I feel.

I've been in such a good mood over the past few days. I've had periods of course even over the last few years where I've been happy for a few days. I thought it might be a month or so until Rovers did something to ruin it.

I hope the new owners get an apology from the players and management for this "performance". Nothing could be a worse advertisement for marketing in India than this "performance."

I can't imagine how disgusted Jack Walker would have been."

Sang none of those chants, so pipe down with that attitude. To accuse someone of Munich chants is a bit of an insult, I find the song offensive and in bad taste.

I actually got kicked out for protesting at stewards blocking my view for large periods, standing in front of me kicking people out for very little.

34 arrests I've heard too, largely for feck all.

Oh here we go, I sit in the Darwen End so you assume I'm a spotty chav. Travelled 6 hours each way to go to the game today, so don't appreciate your tone.

Ill 100% stick up for Sambo here (not even knowing who he is) but the stewards were definitely on an ego trip today more than I have ever seen at a ground before.

too many lads kicked out for doing nothing more than contributing to a positive away end atmosphere - very hypocritical of the steward allowing united ends to stand and bait the rovers fans whilst we were heavily scrutinized by security for doing nothing more than standing.

the highlight of the game was seeing morten amongst the away fans - good to see him there braving the cold amongst the blues!

I have to agree with most here that was the worse I have seen and if Sam continues to play Chimbo I will seriously have to consider whether he is watching the same game. Being nice to him out of 10 chimbo would get -5 for that performance he was culpable for at least 3 or 4 of their goals even a half fit/ill Givet would have been better than that waste of space. In some respects I wish now we managed to sell chimbo to WHU instead of jacobsen as Chimbo is a serious liability and should be sold in Jan but big question who will take him?. Thought the one bright spark was young Josh Morris his cross for the goal was great. I thought Goulon looked overun in midfield I think his subbing was due to this. Hoilett looked to at least make things happen but apart from that most were useless so long as we win against Wolves I will be reasonably happy but no excuses for today. Also for those who said NZonzi was out today unless I was seeing things I'm sure I saw he was on the bench so it was 6 out.

Ill 100% stick up for Sambo here (not even knowing who he is) but the stewards were definitely on an ego trip today more than I have ever seen at a ground before.

too many lads kicked out for doing nothing more than contributing to a positive away end atmosphere - very hypocritical of the steward allowing united ends to stand and bait the rovers fans whilst we were heavily scrutinized by security for doing nothing more than standing.

The 'stewards' are United fans, who are arrogant to start with. They are bullies, who have been given a bit of authority, with little or no comeback for their actions. Not pleasant.

Couldn't it just be he was the least experienced defensive minded player and we needed to think more positively?

Well he was doing ok if not better than the rest of our midfield, five man midfield whats the point if it gets taken out by one pass or one guy running at them.

A few months will pass and people will be harping on about the the 4.5.1 and how bad it was and how it ruined the world cup, but just incase I am wrong how many strikers did utd play today?

4.5.1 is how not to lose games unless you have the kind of players like Silva, Guti or Tuncay, we play it like retards, Dunn comes so deep to get the ball that Roberts is so isolated, or is it that our wide men that were supposed to play a 4.3.3 didnt get forward enough that caused us to get beat so heavily.

Formations are total ###### and are for the red tops to muller over, you play two strikers and attack the match or or you play one and defend, if you make players believe they can win a match enough they will run there tripe out to make it happen. Sam is a terrible motivator and our recent half time team talks show this.

If you go to old trafford and play like that you are going to get beat, but the way we got beat was nothing more than pathetic, yeh you can lay blame at the players door, for sure they were absolute rubbish, but was it them that decided to hang back at 3-0 ? No it was Sam as stated by himself, I remember Linganzi attacking with 3 rovers players either side of him late on in the game as he got to the half way line 2 of them stopped, they literally stopped and waited on the half way line with no one near to mark or block they just stopped leaving him to run on his own, which give him no options at all, now WTF was all that about.

Tactics like that just confuse the players and it clearly shows, keep going like that and the new owners wont need much more of an excuse.

the highlight of the game was seeing morten amongst the away fans - good to see him there braving the cold amongst the blues!

Really? What was Pedersen doing in the away end?

From MGP's blog:

Unfortunately

Posted by Morten on the 27th November 2010

Unfortunately I will not play today agains Manchester United at Old Trafford. The thigh has received rough treatment in recent weeks, therefore it is determined that I should not play the game today so I can participate in the hard program that is coming in December. I hate not playing, but this is unfortunately the case today. But I’m going to sit in the away section and give my contribution from there. The disappointment is huge, but the risk is so high that it could be a set back and then it will be a long-term injury. But I’ll see all of you in the away end and off course, next weekend, but then on the pitch at Ewood Park!

Fair play to the lad, really good to see that. Some people on here think he doesn't care about our club but that's put that one to bed IMO.

A hugely dissapointing result, first game I've not watched this season, glad I didn't.

Lets put things into a financial perspective though:

MAN U:

Van der Sar -3.5m

Evra - 7m

Ferdinand - 40m

Vidic - 9.2m

Rafael - HG

Anderson - 27.7

Park - 6.4m

Carrick -23.9m

Nani - 22.4m

Berbatov - 33.4m

Rooney - 32m

Obertan - 3.5m

Evans - HG

Total: 209 million (average 16m per player)

ROVERS:

Robinson - 3.8m

Samba - 0.5m

Nelsen - Free

Salgado - Free

Jones - HG

Chimbonda - 1.5m

Emerton - 2.5m

Dunn - 1.5m (techincally HG)

Goulon - Free

Diouf - 1.9m

Roberts - 3.6m

Hoilett - HG

Morris - HG

Linganzi - Free

Total: 15.3 million (average 1m per player)

Doesn't exactly excuse a 7-1 result but that was the gulf between the two teams. Man U had SIX players who EACH cost more than our entire team and despite all the bull about Man U & home growns they had only 2 playing, one from Brazil...

Rovers, by contrast, had SEVEN players who cost nothing, four home grown, two of whom are local, and a squad that cost about the same as the '95 Championship squad.

Before anyone bangs on about underinvestment just put those figures alongside both clubs debts.

The 'stewards' are United fans, who are arrogant to start with. They are bullies, who have been given a bit of authority, with little or no comeback for their actions. Not pleasant.

This is very true. Old Trafford is one of the worst PL grounds to visit from several perspectives, the stewarding being one of them.

On to the game. TBH it was always going to happen at some point. I've only seen MOTD but United looked to be passing the ball superbly while it was clear our woeful defending helped this. We all know we don't have the most talented squad and it seems to me the defeat is a combination of several things:

United, as they can, put in a great performance. Everyting worked for them

Allardyce wents with a defensive team

The manager probably spent the week giving out the vibe of "just try not to get beat"

Conceding early especially after the challenge on Robinson

Knowing your getting slaughtered must make it very hard to keep going

I'm disappointed to find I don't feel especially angry. A 3 or 4 goal defeat was on the cards anyway and having seen some awful, defeatist away performances under Allardyce there was always a chance we'd come up against a top four team having a good day and get stuffed.

What does make me angry is the excuse from Allardyce. We may have had seven players unavailable through injury / loan rules but as far as I can make out only one, MGP, perhaps two, Ollson, would have been in the side. Benjani would not have got the nod ahead of Roberts based on recent form. Grella, Nzonzi, Andrews are all very, very average players and will probably get shipped out under the new regime. Diouf couldn't play, those are the rules we agreed to when we signed him.

The manager goes on national TV and apologises to the fans - full marks for that. Next sentence he simply takes the p!ss out of those very same fans by suggesting we were beaten because seven players were unavailable. I think this very clearly shows the problem many have with Allardyce.

The other thing which really grates is the attitude against Villa last week. We'd done well against a poor Villa side to get a two goal lead, though our perfromance was nothing like as good as some make out. Instead of putting them to the sword, we could have scored 3 or 4, we sat back, inviting Villa to attack us. If we are going to get hammered at OT we need to score every gola we can, not sit back and risk what we have by allowing the opposition to play.

A hugely dissapointing result, first game I've not watched this season, glad I didn't.

Lets put things into a financial perspective though:

MAN U:

Van der Sar -3.5m

Evra - 7m

Ferdinand - 40m

Vidic - 9.2m

Rafael - HG

Anderson - 27.7

Park - 6.4m

Carrick -23.9m

Nani - 22.4m

Berbatov - 33.4m

Rooney - 32m

Obertan - 3.5m

Evans - HG

Total: 209 million (average 16m per player)

ROVERS:

Robinson - 3.8m

Samba - 0.5m

Nelsen - Free

Salgado - Free

Jones - HG

Chimbonda - 1.5m

Emerton - 2.5m

Dunn - 1.5m (techincally HG)

Goulon - Free

Diouf - 1.9m

Roberts - 3.6m

Hoilett - HG

Morris - HG

Linganzi - Free

Total: 15.3 million (average 1m per player)

Doesn't exactly excuse a 7-1 result but that was the gulf between the two teams. Man U had SIX players who EACH cost more than our entire team and despite all the bull about Man U & home growns they had only 2 playing, one from Brazil...

Rovers, by contrast, had SEVEN players who cost nothing, four home grown, two of whom are local, and a squad that cost about the same as the '95 Championship squad.

Before anyone bangs on about underinvestment just put those figures alongside both clubs debts.

yes, but here's another statistic:

Chelsea 0-3 Sunderland

Archived