BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

colin

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched the highlights 3 times now, masochist that I am. Okay, it was BBC and SKY editing but I can't help noticing our complete lack of tackling. Lots of running around and attempted interceptions (being kind) but no tackles being made.

Was this really the case throughout the match?

Pretty much, they had the freedom of the park for the vast majority of the game. It was a bit like a training session really. I've just watched it again (must be stupid!) on Goals on Sunday, and some of their bits of play were cut out. There was one bit in the first half when Rooney and Berbatov did about 4 1-2s between each other, just danced around our defenders making us look daft.

I know that stats aren't the be all of a game, but I've just looked on Chalkboard, and they completed 627 passes successfully and made 42 tackles, compared to our 296 and 22.

Embarrassed and upset but give me a day or two and I'll be up and ready for Wolves on Saturday, Come on You Blues

Easy for some to get over quickly get over it. I'm guessing you aren't going to have the #### taken out of you all day tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday,....

Typical reactions and over-reactions from some. A shocking and dreadful result. Embarrassing and very hard to swallow but don't call for the managers head yet. Next month is key. We move on. (That result will still p'ss me off for literally years though...)

Embarrassing and very hard to swallow but don't call for the managers head yet.

Can't be arsed reading this thread as I know what it'll contain, but are people really calling for Sam to be sacked? Three wins out of five and people want him to go?

Three wins out of five and people want him to go?

People are sick off watching the same old @#/? week in week out, when we get hammered its natural reaction to call for the managers head.

Three wins out of five is all well and good, but its poor, even when we win its poor.

Ps, I wouldn't sack him just yet (As you don't fancy reading the thread)

When has sa ever made a side that is easy on the eye? He was given the kings randsom at newcastle and they were dogger to watch.

This is what worries me. He was given a wadge to spend at Newcastle and wasted it. I have not found one Newcastle fan with a good word to say about Allardyce. Give him untill the end of the season then get rid. It would be pointless getting shot of him now as that may cause more harm to the team than good. But please don't give him any money to spend.

I didn't record Match of the Day, silly me. I don't suppose any of you lot recorded it and wouldn't mind uploading it onto the internet in full quality for me, please? Much thanks in advance, TAFKAP.

BEFORE COMING ON HERE TALKING SMACK,LOOK AT THE TABLE YOU HALF BRAINED DICKTURD. :wstu:

I didn't record Match of the Day, silly me. I don't suppose any of you lot recorded it and wouldn't mind uploading it onto the internet in full quality for me, please? Much thanks in advance, TAFKAP.

Not really sure why you would want to watch MOTD, you won't be finding nob end there. Although you could be on ITV for the first round of the FA Cup next season.

With respect Gav....you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear!!

Take your point pal, but plenty of managers are currently working on limited resources, having some success and entertaining the fans.

Easy for some to get over quickly get over it. I'm guessing you aren't going to have the #### taken out of you all day tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday,....

A bit unfair - most of us work or know a United fan - there are just too many sheep around.

All Rovers fans need to show some spirit next Saturday - irrespective of the horror show this weekend - beat Wolves and things will start to look a lot better. Time for us all to get behind the team - I know the DE will :rover:

Archived