BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

colin

I actually don't blame BFS for the heaviness of this defeat. My question is more where precisely were our "leaders", or the players we rely on the most. Robinson, Samba, Nelsen, Salgado...even experienced midfielders like Dunn and Emerton. Why did no one try to calm everyone down, start playing at least some tight football and minimize the damage? Where was the leadership?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I actually don't blame BFS for the heaviness of this defeat. My question is more where precisely were our "leaders", or the players we rely on the most. Robinson, Samba, Nelsen, Salgado...even experienced midfielders like Dunn and Emerton. Why did no one try to calm everyone down, start playing at least some tight football and minimize the damage? Where was the leadership?

The latter two you mention are pretty much finished at this level.

The team selection against Wolves will be interesting, Dunn has done nothing to warrant a spot but off today's showing who else has?

Hoilett has to play for sure, we just have to hope Pedersen is fit.

If I had a day like they've had it would mean sacking..or disipline.

Garbage. If you committed misconduct you would, if you had a bad day at the office your past record would be a far bigger indicator of the action, and if you had been living up to expectations previously it would be let go.

Next.

We all have bad days at the office Abbs.

I'm never for guilting or forcing people to give up their wages to charity as we have no idea what they pay privately as it should be done.

Well perhaps the club should consider refunding the fans who made the trip - they can start by taking it out of the players Christmas party kitty. A shameful showing

• Backroom

Well perhaps the club should consider refunding the fans who made the trip - they can start by taking it out of the players Christmas party kitty. A shameful showing

Could be a good PR exercise for the new owners there

the starting 11 today, tells us all we need to know, about the tactics that sam wanted to take into this game. just wanting to avoid defeat.

Strongly disagree with this. The lineup today was reasonably defensive but we played very very far up the pitch. All the midfielders were breaking forward, and the full backs were consistently overlapping. We were very attacking from the outset.

This is what hurt us so badly. Their was no doubling up on the dangerous Man Utd players, no sitting infront of the back four, and as a result we left absolutely acres of space right across the park to very quick and talented players. For example Chimbonda was taken apart until Morris came on and provided more solidarity.

The mistake was being far too attacking in my opinion. We should have sat deep and had Hoilett on the pitch to release on the break. We may have still lost but I think we would have probably made the same amount of chances and certainly conceded fewer.

A combination of poor tactics, poor performances, all compunded by stupid defensive mistakes did for us today.

Strongly disagree with this. The lineup today was reasonably defensive but we played very very far up the pitch. All the midfielders were breaking forward, and the full backs were consistently overlapping. We were very attacking from the outset.

This is what hurt us so badly. Their was no doubling up on the dangerous Man Utd players, no sitting infront of the back four, and as a result we left absolutely acres of space right across the park to very quick and talented players. For example Chimbonda was taken apart until Morris came on and provided more solidarity.

The mistake was being far too attacking in my opinion. We should have sat deep and had Hoilett on the pitch to release on the break. We may have still lost but I think we would have probably made the same amount of chances and certainly conceded fewer.

A combination of poor tactics, poor performances, all compunded by stupid defensive mistakes did for us today.

In my view there is nothing positive that can be taken out of this game today. Unless you are a Sam hater. Because today Sam may have handed the Venky's, his head on a platter.

Off the field? Why? what have they been up to? If you mean being bought by a company who want us to do well in order to grow their other businesses from owners who no longer wanted us, then I don't see where you are coming from. and that's not the team,; it's the club. I doubt the players had any say in it or, as long as they get paid, any real concerns about it.

team club, in the context mentioned it's all the same.

it sounds as if you were for the buy out... I was not. The reasons why don't matter now.

• Backroom

So the 7 Allardyce is talking about are MGP, Olsson, Grella, Andrews, Benjani, Mame Diouf and N'Zonzi? Only Olsson and MGP would have made any difference to the team today, and I doubt it would have been significant enough to stop us being hammered. Fact is we lined up negatively and were punished for the usual lack of ambition when we travel to 'big club' grounds. I really don't see why we don't just go for it, because it's obvious by now that we don't have a team capable of handling sustained pressure. Allardyce has to take a fair share of the blame for this defeat IMO. Don't think he should be sacked, mind, but a bollocking from those above him is certainly in order.

Awful stuff. Bad day at the office for sure. The only consolation is that MU can do that to anybody on their day.

BUT Orders from the top obeyed to the letter possibly? :huh: I wonder if the new owners might now learn to stfu and stick to plucking chickens.

Well, Sam well and truly rolled over and let his bosom buddy Fergie screw him hard. I can't remember such thumping defeats inflicted under Hughes. We always compliment our defending, but we've only had two clean sheets this season and whenever we got beat... Ooh boy, do we get beat. To concede six against Arsenal last year and seven against United is absolute madness. Sure, they're good teams, but you never get the impression these teams have to surpass themselves to demolish us, simply step out of first gear. It's not good enough and something needs to drastically change.

Oh how words come back to haunt you ...

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter or Real Madrid," Allardyce said. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time. Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem."

I think it's good to set targets for which games you should win but not ones you expect to lose.

Aim for the stars and you might just reach the clouds.

I can't see what motivation the players have if the manager and his team are telling them you shouldn't get anything today so don't worry.

Embarrased.

Archived