BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

colin

We have no variation to our play and the defending deep mode we drop into never works against the top sides away from home. I could sort of understand conceding seven if we want all out attacking and got caught at the back. But it wasn't like that, we could barely get hold off the ball and there was some awful defending the last two goals were a bit lucky but the ones before that could all be avoidede. Chimbonda was terrible and the enitre midfield was non-existance from large parts of the game. The one positive I can take from the game is the performance of Josh Morris, thought he was our best player when he came on and provied a superb cross for our goal.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam apologies to the fans, least thats something.

Also Morris will be buoyed by the assist for Sambas goal.

Sam seemed as down as I've ever seen him. I think (and hope) that he's taken this lose to heart and his eyes have opened up on the desire and/or quality (or lack thereof) of certain players.

Morris was a silver lining, though. The Rovers have a gold mine in their youngsters.

I don't totally blame Sam - what were his options in midfield ?

Onwards and upwards next week when we have Peds back and a couple more available.

Keep the faith with Sam.

off for a real stiff drink or two.

All very sensible and I agree 100%.

I am sorry, but you cannot just go there and surrender- not against that lot.

Utterly unacceptable.

Sam back to square zero with me I am afraid.

I agree with everything, except the last. This is a disaster and Sam should learn from it, but he'd not back to square one with me. He's done amazing things on a limited budget. He's still on the plus side with me, though his account has taken a large dent.

BUT Orders from the top obeyed to the letter possibly? :huh: I wonder if the new owners might now learn to stfu and stick to plucking chickens.

Is there any indication that Sam's team selection and tactics were overruled? I would love it to be true, as it at least would explain things. But I don't want to think the new owners would interfere at that level of the club or that Sam would sit still for it.

United would've hammered anyone playing like that, but we didn't help by rolling over. Had to sit with that lot because I begrudge paying anything to that plastic club.

I felt the challenge on Robbo shook the team as a whole, and things went downhill fast. What was all the trouble in the away section? And most informed Manu fans I sat with recognised that we caught them on a good day. Though the majority of em are thicker than a whale omelette.

I shall have a few drinks tonight.

I agree with everything, except the last. This is a disaster and Sam should learn from it, but he'd not back to square one with me. He's done amazing things on a limited budget. He's still on the plus side with me, though his account has taken a large dent.

It's only PhilipL smoss. And everybody knows that he changes his mind with the wind. :rolleyes:

btw Lest we forget. Today's result is a big bitter pill to swallow especially after quite a good run of results through November but this is one strange season. Other results of note here which have resulted in calls for managerial heads to roll .......

Chelsea 6- WBA 0

Wigan 0-Chelsea 6

Wigan 0-Blackpool 4

Arsenal 6- Blackpool 0

NUFC 0- Blackpool2

NUFC 6- Aston Villa 0

NUFC 5-Sunderland 0

Bolton 5-NUFC 1

Fulham 1- Man City 4

WBA 0- Stoke 3

Everton 1- WBA 4

Bolton 4- Spurs 2

Chelsea 0-Sunderalnd 3

Arsenal 2 – Spurs 3

AV 2 – Arsenal 4

Man City 0- Arsenal 3

Liverpool 1-Blackpool 2

Many of the above have seen a reversal in fortune the very next game. If today serves to spur us on through December I'd imagine all will be forgiven and forgotten. If instead we let it deflate us then we are in deep deep brown stuff!

In my view there is nothing positive that can be taken out of this game today. Unless you are a Sam hater. Because today Sam may have handed the Venky's, his head on a platter.

I would say Morris and Goulon are mild positives. Both look like they have something to offer the squad if the tactics are right. Particularly like Goulon's technique and desire to break forward. Has to work on the tracking in midfield though which was abysmal, and his acceleration is slow (hopefully this will improve as he gets up to fitness).

It's only PhilipL smoss. And everybody knows that he changes his mind with the wind. :rolleyes:

btw Lest we forget. Today's result is a big bitter pill to swallow especially after quite a good run of results through November but this is one strange season. Other results of note here which have resulted in calls for managerial heads to roll .......

Chelsea 6- WBA 0

Wigan 0-Chelsea 6

Wigan 0-Blackpool 4

Arsenal 6- Blackpool 0

NUFC 0- Blackpool2

NUFC 6- Aston Villa 0

NUFC 5-Sunderland 0

Bolton 5-NUFC 1

Fulham 1- Man City 4

WBA 0- Stoke 3

Everton 1- WBA 4

Bolton 4- Spurs 2

Chelsea 0-Sunderalnd 3

Arsenal 2 – Spurs 3

AV 2 – Arsenal 4

Man City 0- Arsenal 3

Liverpool 1-Blackpool 2

Many of the above have seen a reversal in fortune the very next game. If today serves to spur us on through December I'd imagine all will be forgiven and forgotten. If instead we let it deflate us then we are in deep deep brown stuff!

I'd agree with that...looking at our next few fixtures:

Wolves (h)

Bolton (a)

West Ham (h)

Stoke (h)

West Brom (a)

Sunderland (a)

Depending on how we do in these 6 games will heavily influence where we are headed for this season. Hopefully this battering has given those players who played a kick up the backside and they'll be fired up for next week.

I would say Morris and Goulon are mild positives. Both look like they have something to offer the squad if the tactics are right. Particularly like Goulon's technique and desire to break forward. Has to work on the tracking in midfield though which was abysmal, and his acceleration is slow (hopefully this will improve as he gets up to fitness).

Goulon trots around like a carthorse and passes sideways. Sound familiar ?

team club, in the context mentioned it's all the same.

it sounds as if you were for the buy out... I was not. The reasons why don't matter now.

I wasn't for or against it - nobody who mattered asked my opinion anyway but i can see there's no point in complaining about it and there is still plenty of chance that it will turn out to be a good thing, just as there is plenty it will all go pear-shaped. You don't know; I don't and nor does anyone else. Today appears to have been an unmitigated disaster on the pitch but for the moment that's the only disaster we know about. No point in whingeing about a takeover that was always going to happen.

man u friends trying to get a rise out of me are just getting the same response back in a calm fashion.........."you did'nt get 10 did you" "Must be gutted".

7-0 with 20 minutes left they all thought it was happening.

Won't get a rise out of me i accept we are $$$$$ whole heartedly.

Thanks for saving the effort of typing that out.

I love supporting this club because I like being the underdog.

I like the fact that little old Rovers turn up and rough up the more glamorous teams.

We always used to give these teams a run for their money, what has changed?

I don't know who is to blame, but it needs sorting, its scandalous.

Every player bar Robinson should be feeling awful right now.

How many actually will be?

Probably only Ryan Nelsen - there is someone who actually knows what it means to play for this club.

Major overhaul needed, and it can't come soon enough

The only Rovers player you didnt see on MOTD was Roberts, did Rovers ever manage to pass the ball to him as all you saw was time and time again Dunny and co. running backwards, trying to catch up with the United players who were generally ten yards ahead of them and running faster.

Which begs the question Do Rovers train on speed work as they don't look to be fast enough ?

I gave up watching the game at 2-0.

I thought id watch MOTD as it was edited down!

jesus fecking christ, its hard being a Rover sometime.

The worst thing is that during the game, I didn't really care.

I expected it.

Whats worse?

I'm currently in Brighton with three man utd fans amongst others. Just got back from the pub and I was firmly in the X Factor camp (instead of motd). The lads weren't happy but the girls and the Blackburn fan were.

I don't even like x factor.

I'm currently in Brighton with three man utd fans amongst others. Just got back from the pub and I was firmly in the X Factor camp (instead of motd). The lads weren't happy but the girls and the Blackburn fan were.

I don't even like x factor.

Christ even I didn't sink to that much dispair.

When X factor was on I braved the snow to go and buy a bottle of red to numb the pain!

At least Vinjay is happy

Enjoy that result today did you?

If it wasn't for sites like yours maybe the players would have given a damn about the game today. You couldn't care less about how Jack Walker would have felt.

Good thing you didn't reinstate me after the takeover. I got banned for hating Man United last time so I probably would have been banned for a third time after my reaction today.

I hope the new owners have received an apology from the team and management. They deserve better than that.

Bad result certainly but coming after 3 wins in 4 games and a cracking performance last week the reactions on here are way over the top.

The players and manager will be hurt by today and will put it right next weekend.

Archived