BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

colin

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do know that Sunderland have spent big money too, don't you? Particularly on strikers.

Or do you think Bruce is a tactical genius?

Compared to us, yes, but compared to the team they beat 3-0, they cant find enough money to match their substitute bench.

I'd say Sunderland have spent more in the last couple of years than Chelsea. Not so with us and United. Or us and Sunderland. Or us and anyone. You see where I'm going with this.

Doesn't excuse us not trying, mind.

Feel sick this morning.

Old Trafford is the nearest ground to me - I can walk it in 20 minutes - but after many years of misery (2005 excepted) I stopped going. And in part because of the treatment of away fans. Now I know we have right berks following us, but the attitude of the staff stinks.

BTW I sat behind Ogil Ostenstad (sp?) in the OT away end when he was at the club. Norway produces some nice guys!

Couldn't be bothered reading the thread so apologies if I am going over old ground....

Did anyone else notice that we didn't commit a single foul until we were 3-0 down? To me this is indicative of the time and space we gave them. I have now been to the last two away games and seen us ship 10 goals* whilst barely making a tackle. Absolutely pathetic.

On the same theme, why the hell did nobody give Nani a kick? After his unsporting behaviour for the first goal, I spent the whole of the first half waiting for someone's studs to show him that his actions were not appreciated, but we never got near him! Oh for the days of Savage, Neill and Todd...

*10 goals as I was well on my way by the time of the 7th......

The players are to blamed for the defeat not the manager. Players are on the pitch not the maanger. Chimbonda was shocking and must go!!! Why can't we defend away from home against the bigger teams but at home we defend really well against the bigger teams. Last season cheslea draw, man utd draw, liverpool draw, arsenal win.

I would like us to play abit attacking against the bigger teams like we did under mark hughes.

AT least Sam Allardyce apologises to Rovers fans after 7-1 loss

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9235052.stm

So against my better judgement I parted with £42.

'Bad day at the office' and any other cliche you want to add after a good hiding is probably right.

Not season defining in ant way, we all agree that December is the month.

Last season at Chelsea is the oy other time in recent memory where we were uttely outclassed. The lack of pace, guile and tactical knowhow was painful to watch.

All this taking place in the soulless home of Utd surrounded by crazed stewards and glory hunting fans left me feeling sick of the whole thing by 5PM

Ill 100% stick up for Sambo here (not even knowing who he is) but the stewards were definitely on an ego trip today more than I have ever seen at a ground before.

too many lads kicked out for doing nothing more than contributing to a positive away end atmosphere - very hypocritical of the steward allowing united ends to stand and bait the rovers fans whilst we were heavily scrutinized by security for doing nothing more than standing.

the highlight of the game was seeing morten amongst the away fans - good to see him there braving the cold amongst the blues!

Sounds a bit like Chelsea, last season their fans were giving us all sorts of abuse and the stewards just sat there. No need for the heavy handed stewarding at OT all.

From MGP's blog:

Fair play to the lad, really good to see that. Some people on here think he doesn't care about our club but that's put that one to bed IMO.

There is no doubt of Morten's love for Rovers.

Well, that was one embarrassing afternoon. Guess the players must be feeling pretty sick too.

Oh well, don't suppose the trip to Chelsea in the middle of January will be too well supported ...

What does make me angry is the excuse from Allardyce. We may have had seven players unavailable through injury / loan rules but as far as I can make out only one, MGP, perhaps two, Ollson, would have been in the side. Benjani would not have got the nod ahead of Roberts based on recent form.

Agreed it was a bizarre thing to say... 7 from the starting line up, I could see 5 perhaps

MGP, Olsson, Givet, Mame & Kalinic/ Benjani but not 7... :wacko:

Our midfield whether injured or not, is simply not good enough to compete with the big teams!!

I sat with 4 friends in wih the Man Ure fans and even when Berba had hit his fifth goal their fans were still calling a laz bar steward and slagging Carrick off. Never satisfied.

At five nil the commented that they've never seen a team appear to give up like Rovers appear to do.I have never been as embarrassed to be a Rovers fan as yesterday.

I usually can take positives from dismal performances but there was none yesterday.

It's so annoying to see all the plastic, glory-supporters saying how United played out of this world and now they're a real force to be reckoned with. Yeah, they did alright, but they didn't have a lot to beat, in all honesty.

Reflecting after huge disappointment yesterday and copious alcohol to numb the pain and mind, leads me to the conclusion that this has been coming for a long, long time.

Sam, IMO, has done a fantastic job so far in squeezing results out of a bunch of players, many of whom would struggle to find other employment in the Prem., or possibly the Championship, as illustrated by the Roberts' escapade in August.

In particular, our midfield is abject. Why the hell do we not negotiate a contract settlement with Grella as the guy is never ever fit.

Yep we do need a striker who can find the net on a regular basis but perhaps, more importantly, we need a capable midfield player who can hold things together and PASS THE BLOODY BALL, two would be even better.

As I've said before, I am a big Sam fan and I'd like to see what he can do when he's not got one hand tied behind his back. His achievements with Bolton and us are excellent.

I haven't met anyone yet who wants another 'top coach' (Brian Kidd) or the 'next big thing' (Paul Ince).

• Backroom

Having watched the extended highlights, it actually looks like throughout the match they have 2 more players than us on the pitch. They waltzed into space so easily it was appalling. The players seemed to completely give up yesterday after goal number 3 and that is really unforgivable.

Sunday Times gave Chimbonda a match rating of 1 and called him "spectacularly awful". Think they were being generous.

From MGP's blog:

Fair play to the lad, really good to see that. Some people on here think he doesn't care about our club but that's put that one to bed IMO.

I've been one of his biggest critic's but I'm impressed by that. He's gone up in my estimation. Did he still while the end though ? If he went early I wouldn't blame him, I didn't watch MOTD. Can't comment on the game but is it worse than Shrewsbury 7 Rovers 1 ( Price ) Division 3- Oct 2nd 1971 ? That's my personal low point.

I've been one of his biggest critic's but I'm impressed by that. He's gone up in my estimation. Did he still while the end though ? If he went early I wouldn't blame him, I didn't watch MOTD. Can't comment on the game but is it worse than Shrewsbury 7 Rovers 1 ( Price ) Division 3- Oct 2nd 1971 ? That's my personal low point.

He was still there at 7-1

Maybe he will let the dressing room know just how disappointed and frustrated Rovers fans were then

I think it was jim who said we would be in a higher league position if we had 10 Pedersen's on the pitch.

I completely agree with that statement. I'm glad he feels sitting with the fans is a good thing to do. There aren't many others that would do the same.

I've watched the highlights 3 times now, masochist that I am. Okay, it was BBC and SKY editing but I can't help noticing our complete lack of tackling. Lots of running around and attempted interceptions (being kind) but no tackles being made.

Was this really the case throughout the match?

I've watched the highlights 3 times now, masochist that I am. Okay, it was BBC and SKY editing but I can't help noticing our complete lack of tackling. Lots of running around and attempted interceptions (being kind) but no tackles being made.

Was this really the case throughout the match?

First impressions of the big boy Herold Goulon are not encouraging, and he seems to have been fast tracked whilst Linganzi who for me has made a decent if modest impression has to wait whats has this guy Goulon got I wonder.

Archived